Adam Connolly, 21 Sep 2010Pls help Anthony or anyone.
I am trying to change my location as it is presently set at GMT +... moreI can help you with this because I needed to force my HD2 to use a next GMT that didn’t have daylight savings.
But there are a few things I need to know about your problem first before I tell you how to go down that road.
You want it to use London GMT…
1. Are you in London or England or any country that use there GMT?
2. What GMT is the phone set to right now?
3. did you try adding London to the World clock list, picking it and then restart the phone, one it is restarted you could always go back to the My location clock if you like?
Pls help Anthony or anyone.
I am trying to change my location as it is presently set at GMT + 1 but I cant seem to do that . Can anyone help advise how I can set my location to GMT London time.I have checked the manual and fiddled with all the phone settings to no avail.
BB_H, 21 Sep 2010I have HD2 with HTC Rom.Ok.
If you have a HTC ROM then your phone auto setup the data setting when the SIM is put in. The most you may have to do is update your “settings database” just incase your provider got new settings.
These are the steps to do that (provider ROMs do not have this)….
1. Connect the phone to the internet using Wi-Fi or ActiveSync (do not try to do it with your sim data plan)
2. go to Settings>Wireless controls>Data connection>Menu>Update Database>
3. Check the auto update box & pick “update the latest settings of all operators”. Then tap “update database” and wait for further instructions on the phone screen..
4. Once it is done and your phone restarts, come back into (Settings>Wireless controls>Data connection) and make sure it is set to the correct country and Operator.
As for if you will be billed extra for using it in a non BB….. There is only one way to know if your provider will do you that. You have to try it and see what your bill looks like at the end of the month :) good lock
Does the htc hd2 hav a dedicated graphic chip? And does it hav good games? Reply plz
High Tech, 21 Sep 2010I plan to keep my HD2 (it's still a nice phone. with all the things you can do.)... If I do se... moreHD2 phones with ATT 3G are still pricy $650 to $859.... Why are they still so high????? You can get a none ATT 3G for around $350 to $500......
Anthony, 21 Sep 2010do you have a HD2 with a HTC ROM or 1 with a provider ROM?I have HD2 with HTC Rom.
I own a Blackberry Bold 9000 and frankly the only reasonable thing about it is the monthly UNLIMITED data access.
Am now for HD2 - going fwd!
Was wondering if its possible to tranfer the SIM on the blackberry to HD2 and be able to setup on HD2 the Unlimited data service?
If so, will you be kind enough to list the important settings I must enter on the HD2.
High Tech, 21 Sep 2010The HD2 is still one of the best phones out right now... Even after almost a year old.... I di... moreAlso I'm hoping when HTC releases there WM7 device, some developer pulls the weather, notes, and stock apps out and makes a WP7 theme with them included....??? I like those new Sense apps for WP7......
High Tech, 21 Sep 2010I plan to keep my HD2 (it's still a nice phone. with all the things you can do.)... If I do se... moreThe HD2 is still one of the best phones out right now... Even after almost a year old.... I didn't say the best, but still one of the best...........
Transformer, 21 Sep 2010Ho ho Guys just don't sale your HD2 yet. The Xda Developer already manage to booting Android O... moreI plan to keep my HD2 (it's still a nice phone. with all the things you can do.)... If I do sell?? It would be to get an HD2 for ATT 3G....
High Tech, 20 Sep 2010Second that (Sense HD on HD2)... How cool is that..... But first have to get mine back from HT... moreHo ho Guys just don't sale your HD2 yet. The Xda Developer already manage to booting Android OS with HTC Desire HD (latest sense HTC Ace) on HD2 !
I already boot it (its on beta ) on my HD2 woooO like the sense ! but not yet for daily use.. so turn back to Froyo + HTC Sense .. i like it! thanks for the hard work from XDA DEV..
Transformer, 19 Sep 2010Guys . for u that interested to booting Android build on your HD2.. i'm been using Android bui... moreSecond that (Sense HD on HD2)... How cool is that..... But first have to get mine back from HTC Repair first..... Would be even better if you can load the WM7 Sense UI on the HD2... Now that would be heaven (All the latest UI's on the HD2)... How sweet that would be.......
COuld you please help me on how I can change my phone language from SPANISH to ENGLISH. If it is going to involve software, where can I get that.
dar, 19 Sep 2010could this use a sim cardits a GSM phone...
i dont think there is a gsm phone made to make calls without a sim card
the EVO 4G does not use a sim because it is not a GSM phone it is CDMA
Anonymous, 19 Sep 2010does it really hang a lot? what are the run around to prevent this?It only hangs allot if you, the user did crap. Or too lazy to update your ROM and Hotfix files.
I’m going to try to make a complicated process simple about not crashing...
1. Update your ROM to a HTC ROM 1.66 or newer
2. If you have a phone with a service provider ROM on it, HACK it and remove their CRAP ROM and replace it with a HTC ROM.
3. Install all HTC HOTFIX files that are made for the ROM you are using.
4. Don’t let the free space on internal memory fall below 10%
5. Go in the setting of your installed programs that save files and set the default save location to the SD card.
6. If you can, save your ring tones on the root of the SD card, (don’t use set as ring tone from the file menu because that will make a copy of the file to internal memory, making you lose space that you don’t have much of.)
7. DON’T install any software that did not come from HTC or Microsoft. (Most of us will not be able to do this one.) ”
8. If you can’t do 7. Then don’t install software that was not tested and proven to be 100% compatible with HTC HD2 (not because it was made for the WM means it was tested on a HD2 for compatibility.)
Note: #8. is easy to say, hard to do. And you only get good at it with time and common sense, so if you missing one of the 2, buy an iPhone, everything made for the iOS was made for the iPhone. It’s not like that for any other smartphone on the market.
9. Try as much as possible to install your programs to the SD card. What you should install on internal memory require that you have common sense to know the importance of the program to the operation of the phone.
imtiaz, 15 Sep 2010I am using this for 2 months....
Advantages- awesome display, very fast INTERNET browsing, ... moreI really don't know what to tell you. You don't know how to use WM.
WM is the most flexible OS. You have file explorer, and other 3rd party file explorer program. So I really don't know what you are talking about in regards for not being able to select, copy, paste, edit, any file in WM.
As far as playing music, you really know nothing about the media player in WM. It is one of the most flexible media player you can get because you can go to different folder as will, and have your own playlist saved as well.
tom , 17 Sep 2010hi can u tell me how to flash to andriod.... i own a htc hd2 too and intersted with andriod ..... moreGuys . for u that interested to booting Android build on your HD2.. i'm been using Android build about 4 month now.. The newest i using is mccm SE 1.0 version . Almost all latest build is good for daily use. i using Android build for daily use without go back WM OS..
The Android build link :
The mccm SE 1.0 build link :
Enjoy guys... can't wait for Android build that base on HTC Desire HD ^_^