Anthony, 15 Sep 2010I have been using this phone for 10 months now so let me help you out with the ones that I can... moreinteresting you recommend skyfire
On symbian it's a horrible, clunky browser
now on the htc hd2, it's still a horrible clunky browser
the internet surfing is superb on opera 9.7, and surpasses all the other browsers easily
[deleted post]HTC HD2 is the best windows mobile phone there is right now no matter what brand you pick.
And if you like Android, Desire or the up coming Desire HD is the best from HTC. Can’t say if it’s the best on the market no matter what brand.
I gave 2 because people that use Microsoft office / outlook will not go for an Android phone as there main phone. And people that are heavy users of google productivity suits will find Android is better for them.
there are these codes that let u check and test many things on othere fones,like screen testing,sound menu testing and stuff..
are there the same codes for HD2 as well?
imtiaz, 15 Sep 2010I am using this for 2 months....
Advantages- awesome display, very fast INTERNET browsing, ... moreI have been using this phone for 10 months now so let me help you out with the ones that I can…
1. Internet explorer is crap everyone knows that, you have to use opera or if you are in one of the lucky areas use skyfire.
2. for the blur you can take the flash off of auto and but it on “always on” that way you will get a faster shutter speed and cut down on bad pic’s
3. use the player in the since UI it has a library that read the song tags to sort music (not files names). From in there you just make play list and save them or you can even make the play list on your windows media player on your PC and sync it to the phone.
If you music is not tagged correctly then use a program called mp3Tag to edit the tags on the PC or “Mp3 Tag Editor 2” which can be installed on the phone to edit tag from the phone.
5. The redio dose have stereo you just have to pick it. (and buy a good ear bud, the one you get with the phone sounds like a tin pan lol)
7. You get screen covers with other phone because there screens are made of plastic and use resistive tech... HD2 has a screen made of gorilla glass (look it up and see what that means) . And take it from me, one of the people that buy the screen protector as soon as I got the phone. (IT IS A WAST OF MONY) I took it off. Spend your money and buy a gel case, the body of the phone will scratch a lot faster than the gorilla glass screen.
8. And yes you can rearrange files this is not an iPhone. That is what file explorer if for. What do you think the cut, copy, paste, paste shortcut and select all in edit, under the menu key is for?
If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)
I am using this for 2 months....
Advantages- awesome display, very fast INTERNET browsing, camera & music quality is very good, comfortable weight, navigation system good, call quality good, accelerato motor works fine, good touch sensitivity, overall set response is good.
Experienced Disadvantage- 1)most common problem is with the browser...say, you r using INTERNET explorer. the touch screen hangs frequently, like it doesn't response to selective touch..you have to scroll the page to awake it....my frnd sold his HD2 for this problem..
2) camera unable to capture movable object even a single person...if the person moves slightly, your picture will cm blur.
3)media player unable to play the all songs continuously because you cant select multiple songs at a time to play...so select one song, hear it, then close media player and select another.....the built in music player has a bad ass library system.
4) you cant use equalizer with out head phone and once you disconnect the head phone, your equalizer settings will be lost...you have to set your equalizer each time you connect headphone...
5) no stereo radio.
6)need charge very frequently (per day)
7)No screen cover, you have to buy one....every other mobile company provides screen cover with touch screen set.
8)you cant rearrange the files in your memory card, that means you cant select multiple files at a time...(say, moving pics or music from one file to another)... you have to connect it to PC to do the job...thats irritating...
Now its your decision.
style, 15 Sep 2010 Specifications of HTC HD3 •4.5-inch WXGA Super AMOLED multi-touch display •8 megapixel cam... moreFrom what I heard the HD3 will be called the HD7... Also WP7 doesn't support an SD Card... I heard the HD3/HD7 will have 32GB of storage not a SD Card slot...
After using this phone for 3 months. I have flashed to many different cooked roms. None of the roms seem to be stable. I guess Window mobile is just not stable period. I regret buying this damn phone!!!! sigh
Specifications of HTC HD3
•4.5-inch WXGA Super AMOLED multi-touch display
•8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
•720p HD video recording
•1080p HD playback
•Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
•3G / 4G connectivity
•32GB microSD support
•1GB RAM / 1GB ROM
•1.5GHz Snapdragon processor
•1800 mAh battery
•115mm x 65mm x 10mm
arjun, 13 Sep 2010i want to buy phone but i want to know which has good internet speed out of these three phones... morefrom my experience with hd2...it has a very fast internet. even without 3g it is also very fast, i bet u wont regret dis phone talkin about internet. but for other features n8 and galaxy s wins...
arjun, 13 Sep 2010i want to buy phone but i want to know which has good internet speed out of these three phones... moreFor internet nothing goes near HD2,my Netbook AsusEEEPC 1000H is sleeping in the dust.!!
arjun, 13 Sep 2010i want to buy phone but i want to know which has good internet speed out of these three phones... moreI think the Nokia n8 will be faster. Reason the HSDPA (Download Speed of a 3g modem) is 10mbps, while that of the HD2 is 7.5mbps.
Personally, i am waiting for the N8 cos of this particular reason.
arjun, 13 Sep 2010i want to buy phone but i want to know which has good internet speed out of these three phones... moreFor internet there is nothing goes near the HD2,Im not even using my netbook anymore.
I know that Android can be installed on this phone. When you boot the phone (switch it on), can you choice between which OS you want - so switch between Windows and Android? If I do get this phone and installed Android, I would like the option of switching back to Windows too. I would stick on Android due to the games and other apps.
Have any of you had any problems since installing Android - maybe like the camara, camcorder, radio not working? Maybe some other feature not working?
How do you owners find the battery life? How often do you charge it? Finally if any of you have purchased an extended battery, what are your views on it?
Anonymous, 13 Sep 2010It is nice to be able to have Android in the HD2. At least, you can really try the Android.
... moreI agree... I tried Android on my HD2 before I sent to HTC for repair... Android was okay, but I like WM better... I will most likely pass on WP7 right now... Been reading about WM8 that's due in 2012... It's said to be totally redone, and is to be customizable???
I will keep my HD2 as long as it comes back from HTC fully repaired... Still not happy with HTC... Will look at buying another model (Samsung, Sony, etc) for my next phone...
Also found info on a ARM A15 chip that will bring 2.5mhrz speed and full 3D (video, video Com calling, etc) to the smartphones... This chip is said to be on phones in late 2011 or 2012.......... WOW.........
please advice me i want to buy this phone and which better hd2 or e72 thank you very much in advance