Anonymous, 08 Aug 2010@anthony
can you only get 1.66 for USA i'm in UK1.66 has nothing to do with where you are. It has to do with the region code of the ROM already on the phone.
My phone is .405. It is uk. I'm not in the uk. But i had to download 1.66.405 rom from the htc uk site if I wanted it to install.
By the way phone with the US rom start with 2 so 1.66 would be a downgrage
Anonymous, 08 Aug 2010anothony have installed 1.66.405.2 (76641) WWE ROM but it will still not allow me to install ... moreYou can't install them both if you install hspl2 then hspl is not needed. And if you want it so bad you must remove hspl2 first and get the rom back 2 the original state before you can install hspl
Syrus, 08 Aug 2010Thanks for your advice...i know about softmaker. But it does not make sense...buy ms office fo... moreWhich phone going to come with excel the way you want out the box? So I can buy one as well.
Anthony, 08 Aug 2010Spl is not a file by itself. It’s hardwired into the HTC ROMs. 1. If you phone has any ROM 1.... moreanothony have installed 1.66.405.2 (76641) WWE ROM but it will still not allow me to install HSPL but it will allow me to install HSPL 2
High Tech, 08 Aug 2010I kinda agree with you. I installed the Android files for HD2. I though it would be better, bu... moreThanks for your advice...i know about softmaker. But it does not make sense...buy ms office for win mobile. Thats one of the main reason ppl buy winmob for.
If i had to buy ms office suit....i can use any other platform. Even iphone has paid version ms office. I bought one for my old symbian phone. Not buying for hd2 though....instead time to change phone itself.
jack, 06 Aug 2010No problem,whenever you are ready,the phone is functioning well for now.
Thanks in advance.Jack I know I’m late but here are the steps you ask for.
1. Install windows mobile device center on your PC.
2. Setup your wife’s phone to sync with it.
3. Back up her person data that she stored on internal memory. You can use the “Myphone” software that comes with the phone to do the backup, if you don’t have Microsoft outlook on your PC to backup with the sync program.(phone will start like a new phone after the ROM change)
4. Do a google search for “[HSPL/HSPL2] HowTo flash everything ;) “ go to the first link and Download HSPL to your PC..
5. Unzip it.
6. With the phone connected in sync mode, install HSPL on your PC just like how you would install any other program on a PC and follow on screen instructions. When it is done you should see “we hacked it on your phone screen. (you have just replaced the SPL with HSPL)
7. Download your ROM. As there is no ROM download for your region ROM on the HTC site you will have to get it from a 3rd party.
7a. Do a google search for htcpedia and go to their web page and become a member/register.
7b. Go to the apps tab. Pick “ROMs” under Categories. Pick “HTC Leo” under ROMs. Go to “page 9” there you will see “HTC Leo Asian Rom update version”. Pick it and download it to your PC. (The ROM number should be the same as what is on your phone.)
8. with the phone having more than 50% power and connected to the PC in sync mode, install the ROM on the PC just as you would install any program on your PC and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you run into any problems when doing it, don’t panic. Just let me know and ill help you out of it.
Anonymous, 08 Aug 2010does anyone know the link to get spl 1.42.000 i need it to get hspl and hspl 2 and must to run... moreSpl is not a file by itself. It’s hardwired into the HTC ROMs.
1. If you phone has any ROM 1.66 or older on it then your spl is 1.42.
2. If your ROM is newer and you install any ROM 1.66 or older using the SD card method your phone will get spl 1.42 on it
does anyone know the link to get spl 1.42.000 i need it to get hspl and hspl 2 and must to run android on the phone what i'm looking to do right now any help would be welcome thank you
Anonymous, 08 Aug 2010the android software sucks i had it with the backflip hated every min. of itI kinda agree with you. I installed the Android files for HD2. I though it would be better, but I like Sense or MaxSense better. Android is okay... But I'll wait and play with an Android phone first before I buy. The only reason I would buy is because they offer phones with HDMI out and 720P recording... Haven't found a windows phone to do that yet?????
[deleted post]Never used MS Office mobile (too limited). Been using Softmaker Office for over three years now.... It gets better with each release.. It might be pricy, but once you buy, the updates are cheaper. They always send you emails with discounts on new releases..... This is a good investment for the business prof... I'm hoping they make this for Android in the future????
Syrus, 07 Aug 2010One of the reason I buy this phone is mobile MS office. But unfortunately it does not support ... moreTry this application Softmaker Office 2010 for mobile. I use it and love it. Gives you full office ability for work on the go. See link:
the android software sucks i had it with the backflip hated every min. of it
One of the reason I buy this phone is mobile MS office. But unfortunately it does not support the things I want. I can not open excel file with pictures. I mean…I can open the file …it only shows texts. My work needs & deals with lots of excel files with inserted pics……so this phone is kinda useless for me in terms of work on the go. Does anybody have success in able to view pics inside excel file??
While I was copying data from internal memory to sd card, i deleted windows media. Now, i can't listen to any song and the phone doesn't ring when you receive a call, and all apps that use voice doesn't work. What you Suppose to do? i was thinking to hard reset but i don't if it will work again.
Anthony, 06 Aug 2010I don't twitter so I don't know what files it makes or how bess to get rid of them.By way of an update I can advise that I have managed to delete the Peep (ie Twitter) history on my HD2 by doing the following:
1. Go to the Sense ‘Settings’ Option
2. Select the ‘Menu’ option in the bottom right hand side of the screen and select ‘All Settings’ from the pop-up menu
3. Select the ‘Today’ icon in the middle
4. Move across to the ‘Items’ tab
5. Select Windows Default instead of HTC Sense
Having turned off HTC Sense navigate to the Temp folder on the device, select the TwitEng folder, tap on Db folder and delete your twitter user name. After that, restart HTC Sense by repeating the above steps and resume normal use.
However, this didnt clean up much memory for me (!) but I found success by browsing thru my device using File Explorer where I found loads of JPEG, GIF & PNG files in:
C:Windows\Profiles\Guest/Temporary Internet Files\Content IE.5
Having manually deleted these unnessary image files I've now reduced the storage memory from 93% to 65%