Anthony, 10 May 2012The phone I want to upgrade to should have… 1. Gorilla tuff body not just screen, capable off... moreAnthony....you will not see your dream phone anytime soon. At least not in our lifetime. Btw....wat u say about Htc one x & sg3?? Both of them are great. This time samsung put "dedicated led notification" for sg3.....i mean like bb. Its a simple very useful features that most of manufacturers skip except bb.
High Tech, 13 May 2012Well I've retired my HD2. Just bought my Galaxy Note. Love the Note. Cannot go to anything sma... moreNo plans to get an Android or a WP7 phone.
Trying to get my wife to put a NAND Android on her HD2, so we can swap phones from time to time but having no luck with that, :)
I’m waiting to see what WP8 has to offer and maybe buy something when WP9 comes out. (if my HD2 lives that long.)
This is the logiest I have had any phone. Normally I break them or get them stolen in some carnival fete. Had the one stolen twice already but thanks to Remote Tracker software I got it back both times.
This is a good smartphone. Now i have android 2.3.7 CM7 nand instaled,and works perfect.I love this phone.:* xD
Well I've retired my HD2. Just bought my Galaxy Note. Love the Note. Cannot go to anything smaller now.... I rarely use my Toshiba Tab. The Note works best as a phone and Tab replacement. No need to carry two devices now. Just waiting on ICS Sandwich for the Note. I still use the HD2 when i workout. Don't want to mess up my Note. I see Anthony is still here. When R U getting an Android phone??? Still nothing from MS looks good to me.....
Anonymous, 10 May 2012OH MY GLOB!!! HTC DESIGNS IS WONDERFUL!!! the design is much better than the GS3 but the specs... moreThe phone I want to upgrade to should have…
1. Gorilla tuff body not just screen, capable off standing up to 300 pounds of weight.
2. Should be water resistant up to 2meters
3. The screen should be not less than 4.5” with some kind of solar charging technology built into it that could charge from the light emitted from a compact florescent bulb. But still have thin body
4. Battery should give me 2 or more days of heavy use.
5. Must be compatible with powermat charging right out of the box.
6. Should have 2 multi format card reader slots
7. A multi touch resistive screen. Sweaty hands on a capacitive screen is a nightmare
8. Voice commands that don’t require me to press something on the phone first or put on a US accent so it could understand me.
9. It should have an I.R. blaster with internet programmable universal remote software.
10. The camera should be as good as a DSLR with double image stabilization
11. The OS should be 100% comp able with windows desktop so I can drag & drop files no conversion or 3rd party software needed.
12. The UI should be very graphical with endless user customisable options.
13. As for software, if it can run on a netbook it should be able to run on the phone.
14 contacts should be able to be sorted and filed using any available field in the list.
15 it should have the chrome web browser
16. Emulators for every smart phone OS made so I could just run/install a program and use it with out having to change OS.
17. It should have an fm radio that can output to A2DP speakers
18. And it should cost not more than 400US
Now which company will make this dream a reality for me?
OH MY GLOB!!! HTC DESIGNS IS WONDERFUL!!! the design is much better than the GS3 but the specs i think no one tops the GS3 for now
AnonD-52908, 02 May 2012i dnt like the windows and really wanna keep the phone but wld like to put to android is it th... moreIm on Dual OS but Android as my daily ROM.
Im running ACA ROM.
abhishek, 08 May 2012hey antony i want to say that u have a problem to say that i have a new problem etc.. u r very... moreIll take it that English is not your native language…
I can read the words but I don’t know what you are saying.
chrib, 29 Apr 2012very true anthony, never buy provider marked phoons my htc hd2 T8585 is very gud for internet... morehey antony i want to say that u have a problem to say that i have a new problem etc.. u r very clearyfy
he this is abhishek bansal m inform u that the mibile of HTC HD2 The fabullas mobile in the world i want to say to u that buy it...
Anthony, 24 Apr 2012I can’t tell you which is the best ROM because I have not used every ROM made.
I can only giv... moreIn reply to Anthony @ 2012-04-24 15:21 from LxG4
I Have Manage to install ICS 4.0.4 ON HD2 through my freiend.Android is really very good specially ICS
It works very good
Only thing that i have lower memory on phone , Since at a time of Installing ROM it had asked for partition of 320mb or 250mb or 150 mb for ICS rom
I choose 250mb , & hence now i have a lower space on phone memory
Now i m trying making partion 150 mb for ICS, but what is the next problem i shall face i donot know.
Do u have any suggetion so that i can install more software of ICS?
Awiting Your Reply
nik vel, 02 May 2012Hey Anthony....
Long time :))
Would like to change the metal panel on my phone,which covers ... morelink to battery cover
link to making your old cover into a chrome cover
link to power mat cover for the HD2
Dear Antony sir
I buy htc hd2 i phone but it very soom become very hot so plz i need u r help & advice
AnonD-52908, 02 May 2012i dnt like the windows and really wanna keep the phone but wld like to put to android is it th... moreVisit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/
for flashing Android to your windows mobile.
how do i get my htc hd2 to use android and the windows os it came with is difficult to configure for internet use how do i go about the configuration?
Long time :))
Would like to change the metal panel on my phone,which covers the battery area. got some scratchz on it. is it possible to get that alone or need to change whole outer case?And if we can get that alone,pls get me link whr i can order ot online.
AnonD-52469, 28 Apr 2012this phone was made in 2009... we are in 2012.. and this phone still rock.. it's specs are ver... morei dnt like the windows and really wanna keep the phone but wld like to put to android is it that hard and do u kno hw..
kian, 30 Apr 2012hi,i want to ask you if this unit is cannot change the language?because my phone is chinese an... moreEach windows mobile phone only comes with one language in the OS.
If you want to change the language you have to change your ROM software.
It is an un-authorised ROM change so it will void your warranty, but it can be done once you know for a fact you have an authentic HTC HD2 and not some Chinese knockoff that just looks like a HD2.