Hi i got this phone yesterday and there are a couple of things i want to do! its simple all of my email contacts seem to have merged into my contacts list and i dont want them too! i want to delete a lot of add contact pics etc is there an easier way to do this as i cant seem to do anything without it taking ages and going through one by one! please help! also i see everyone seems to be downloading things for it...can anyone simplify it as i dont have a clue what you are on about but want to be able o get the best out of my phone its just cost me a lot of money!! thankyou :)
High Tech, 07 Feb 2010Will do. Thanks. Well the phone is still working..... I'm still playing with the Miri ROM. One... moreHow to disable the default lock? I just can't find it.Bcuz i want to use the s2u2 to lock and unlock my phone.
HTC released new Rom Version Greece:1.66.482.1,
Germany:1.66.407.1,Portugal :1.66.410.1, Netherlands :1.66.404.1,Russian Federation:1.66.411.2,
WEE_GCC:1.66.415.4. Keeping in touch has always been very important, and this update delivers fast and reliable SMS messaging. My GCC S/N HT9CNNW05386. THANKS
Found this on the net. Here is what WM7 will bring to the table. The part about (WP7 only supports app installation through service based delivery i.e. marketplace, so no side-loading) is not good, and (ODM / OEM will not be able to modify the “Start” screen, so no more HTC Sense / TouchFlo etc.). Post what you think?:
· WP7 will be announced at MWC, and there will be a demo, but this will be just the UX
· MIX will have specific developement focus sessions on WP7
· WP7 supports both Sliverlight (out of browser) and XNA
· Silverlight is version 3.0, with elements of 4.0 plus mobile specific features such as sensors etc
· XNA apps can be developed using XNA GameStudio 3.1
· SL apps developed using Expression Blend 3.x and VS2010
· MS will release a mobile version of VS / Expression which will be free, and VS2010 / Expression Pro will have a free add-on
· WP7 will have an equivalent of .NET CF embedded into SL, but no SQL.
· WP7 will have isolated storage which is accessible using LINQ
· The UX of WP7 is based upon a theme called “METRO” and is similar to Zune HD, but with a completely new “Start” screen.
· No multi-tasking (applications will pause when in the background, however they will support notifications using the MS Push Notifications environment)
· No .NET CF backwards compatibility, however a proportion of the data and business logic in .NET CF could be ported
· MS were confident to have devices ready for Sep 2010
· No MS manufactured device, however much tighter control of manufactring process, so as an example each device has a 3D processing chipset, and MS provide all of the device drivers. So no platform builder. This enables OTA updates and simplified model for ODM’s
· Marketplace will support buy and try before you buy, as well as an API
· ODM / OEM will not be able to modify the “Start” screen, so no more HTC Sense / TouchFlo etc.
· MS are actually ahead of schedule which will surprise the analysts / journalists
· Browsing experience is currently faster / better than iPhone 3G, and they are aiming towards 3GS.
· Browser is based upon desktop IE7 codebase, but with some IE8 functionality
· No in browser Flash or SL
· WP7 has full integration with XBOX Live, and ability to purchase games
· WP7 will use the Zune software for music, videos, photos sync
· WP7 only supports app installation through service based delivery i.e. marketplace, so no side-loading
· MS will provide a hosted push notifications environment
Anthony, 07 Feb 2010My s/n was able to get it from HTC But i did find a link that has it off of the HTC site. Th... moreFrom HTC UK site??????? Put my s/n in but said it wasn't for my phone??????? What's up with that????
Anthony, 07 Feb 2010By the way i was able to take back off the HSPL When you download the original rom you want t... moreWill do. Thanks. Well the phone is still working..... I'm still playing with the Miri ROM. One thing I noticed is that it's a little slow when you sync with your computer, when it first loads up to sync. After a few min. it becomes responsive again (no lag)??? So far things are working well, but I haven't tried GPS or things like that. I don't use that function that much.... Did get it to sync with my wifi network at home. Will try to sync with outside wifi connections like Mcdonalds, Barnes & Nobles, etc.... So far Spb Shell, BsB Tweaks, S2U2, CorePlayer, Zooomer, PocketBible, TF3D Mobile Shell Switcher, and Spb Time loaded and seem to work fine. Will post more later. On my way to church..........................
davden, 07 Feb 2010I've had this phone for 2 weeks. My previous phone was tytn2. Beautiful phone but I have the f... moreSms patch is on the HTC web site.
Or if you can put on the 1.66 rom
Weather on home screen needs internet to update and will only update when the weather tab updates.
So go in the settings of the weather tab and set it to automatically update every 15min if you want it like that.
High Tech, 07 Feb 2010Where did U get the ROM 1.66 from. I tried to get from HTC, but it said not for my phone?By the way i was able to take back off the HSPL
When you download the original rom you want to use.
1. Use a program like 7-zip the extract the “.nbh” file from it.
2. Rename the file to “leoimg.nbh”
3. Copy the file to the root of the memory card.
4. Power off the phone
5. Hold down the volume down key
6. Keep holding it and press the power key
7. And just follow what you see on the screen.
(The interface is light gray with blue writing and it takes allot longer to flash. You don’t even see the black HTC flashing screen.)
When it is done you will see “ok” next to all the lines. And “Update Complete UPDATE SUCCESS”
8. Take out the battery then and put it back in. (the phone will start-up like it’s the first time you are using it.)
Note: Don’t forget to delete the “leoimg.nbh” file off the memory card when you are done or every time you try to do a flash it will use that file.
I've had this phone for 2 weeks. My previous phone was tytn2. Beautiful phone but I have the following issues:
- outgoing sms's at times have a lagtime of up to a day or more.
I also have noted that at times I haven't received incoming sms's at all.
- Touchscreen overly sensitive especially when used on web browsing.
- Have had to soft-reset phone 6 or 7 times already.
- weather app on home screen will not update.
Anyone with similar experiences and possible solutions?
High Tech, 07 Feb 2010Where did U get the ROM 1.66 from. I tried to get from HTC, but it said not for my phone?My s/n was able to get it from HTC
But i did find a link that has it off of the HTC site.
They even had the test T-mobile rom i am playing with that right now. but play time is over now.
Too bad i can’t keep this one on as well, because it has a “Confidential” water mark right across the screen. But i know when T-Mobile starts to sell this phone i will get the full official rom then.... lol
Here is the link to most, if not all the official HD2 ROMs
The English 1.66 is the one with “WWE” in the name
Anthony, 07 Feb 2010i going back to original 1.66 ROM. dutty voice recorder not working and i need that in my job... moreWhere did U get the ROM 1.66 from. I tried to get from HTC, but it said not for my phone?
High Tech, 07 Feb 2010Does that ROM have the Doc Tab? Will give a run down of Miri ROM on Sunday....i going back to original 1.66 ROM.
dutty voice recorder not working and i need that in my job.
i on the miri ROM now and the digital compass & maps not integrated into footprints. and i use that.
miri looks good but missing allot. dutty has more add-on (no .doc tab) but both missing things i use.
It looks like the tweaked original ROM is still the best for me because of my job.
Unbelievable but true.
I'm begin to think htc did such a good job with 1.66 and together with the add-on i use. A cook ROM may not see me again till cookers start testing win mo 7
KP, 06 Feb 2010After installing the English / Arabic ROM, go to Settings - All Settings - Multilingual Suppor... moreThx KP, i did just like you advised, the device still the same, having some Icons in Arabic, like the contacts, calendar, setting, messaging, phone, they all apper in Arabic. i wish i find a solution. thx again
Anthony, 07 Feb 2010sorry I now saw your post. I was flashing dutty new ROM. that has the radio built in and the b... moreDoes that ROM have the Doc Tab? Will give a run down of Miri ROM on Sunday....
High Tech, 07 Feb 2010The Miri ROM really, really looks great. I think you would like it. It seems very responsive a... moresorry I now saw your post. I was flashing dutty new ROM. that has the radio built in and the bigger RAM. I'm staying with this one.
now I'm testing my app's.
when I'm done I'll give a rundown. it would be nice if you do the same for the rom you are using.
High Tech, 07 Feb 2010The Miri ROM really, really looks great. I think you would like it. It seems very responsive a... moreGood for u High Tech! u done it ! 2nd day using miri rom
1)Run gps with Garmin XT no problem ^ ^
2)Wifi ok.Bluetooth to connect my I-Tech's Bluetooth Headset A2DP works, can control 2 player window player and HTC player.
3)I install 16/20 QuickLinks and Extended Appointments cab http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483 on miri rom. great. no problem with that also.
4)Read email and send email no issue.
This is all my daily use on my HTC HD 2 with custom miri v2.0 rom..Thanks miri for the great rom..