I brought this phone last year. Dec 2009.
I am really pissed off by this phone.
Disadvantages that I found.
1. No good applications for this phone
2. Windows market place is a joke. Apps are very costly
3. Camera quality is very bad.
4. Video performance is very bad. When playing videos with resolution more than 480*360 its skips lot of frames which makes it barely watable.
5. Cut, copy paste is very difficult because one can't preciously select the text.
6. Mircosoft active sync is buggy. You cannot have more than one calendar like iphone (personal and official).
7. HTC alarm apps doesnot work is alarm.
8. Colors are really frustating. I could see the band of colors in all pictures.
9. I made a wrong decision and got locked with this phone for next 2 years.
k&n, 19 Jan 2010hah...laptops are getting smaller & ,i.e. netbook,but phones are getting bigger and heavierThat is because the goal is to have that one device that can truly do it all. There is no longer a defining line between devices any more. So the race is on from all sides so see who or what will reach there first.
hah...laptops are getting smaller & ,i.e. netbook,but phones are getting bigger and heavier
Epag, 19 Jan 2010HTC killed this phone with such pathetic color screeen. I am very sorry for the people who dec... moreErm, it's about the fact that Windows Mobile only supports 65k colours at the moment. I'd be interested to know if the screen can support more though.
HTC killed this phone with such pathetic color screeen. I am very sorry for the people who decided that. Its definatelly not about the cost its maybe because of the fact that people who design such phones are more like diplomna academics other than cell phone users or people who actually use their phone. -1
Anthony, 19 Jan 2010To use facebook text chat you have to install a program call “FIM” from www.mosko.mobiYep, either FIM or Nimbuzz (www.nimbuzz.com) can do Facebook chat on WinMo.
Nimbuzz does VOIP and Skype, Google, MSN, AIM, etc, etc.
FIM only does Facebook but it can sometimes get some chat history, which is nice.
got my leather case today very cheap and delivered in 5 days from hongkong ,here the link . the resin soft jelly case is awesome as it covers the chrome border of the camera lens as well and recommended by members on XDA as well.
Its defenitely a replacement for my Samsung Omnia HD!
Anyway, im just wondering with all its features, is YAHOO MESSENGER pre-loaded on this phone? like youll just go to Yahoo website and "click" messenger then log-in your YM ID? or youll need to download YM for mobile first like the one for iphone touch? Plese help guys as your infos will help me decide to truely buy this phone. Thanks
Tasha, 19 Jan 2010Hi I am thinking of getting this phone, can someone please tell me the following.... wha... moreTo use facebook text chat you have to install a program call “FIM” from www.mosko.mobi
I am thinking of getting this phone, can someone please tell me the following....
what is the actual battery life like after using it quite a lot?
Also random question but does facebook chat work on there?
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=10100000_900000_11000801 hi everyone check this link for your phone case
Hi i have placed order for Case-Mate and Pdair Leather Case Book Type (Black/Crocodile Pattern)for my htc hd2. i am from UAE does anyone know how many days it will take for international Delivery
Anthony, 19 Jan 20101. the browser that looks most like the one on a PC is “skyfire”
2. I can’t help you with t... moreWhat??? Fixes and ROM updates stay on the HTC website for years and years and years.
That particular fix was pulled because it causes other problems. They will have another go at fixing SMS either today or in the very near future.
Let's hope that it's third time lucky.
Bharpreet_India, 19 Jan 2010Hi Anthony ,
1) does any mobile browser support Pop-up's or can it work ?
2) Some how late... more1. the browser that looks most like the one on a PC is “skyfire”
2. I can’t help you with that. It’s not like it did not send at all. It could be a network problem. And there is not way for me to test that because I’m not having problems with sms or mms.
Sorry that fix is gone :-(
That is why I told “Liverpool” don’t depend in HTC to keep hotfix and roms on there site forever. When ever you download things from them, make your own backup.
vish, 19 Jan 2010Anthony,
How does the acive sync / mobile device centre work when transferring files .
i... moreOk tells get this straight once and for all iTunes is apples thing. It was designed to lock you in to its interface like every other thing apple makes. ActiveSync was never intended to be like that. ActiveSync is not an intrusive interface. After the initial setup you never have to open the interface again.
ActiveSync has 6 main functions.
1. To sync your outlook mail, calendar, contacts & task without having to open any special interface every time (it just sync in the background once you are in sync mode. You don’t have to open Outlook for the Syncing to be done.)
2. To give you full access to the internal memory & memory card without the use of special software interface. (the phone just shows up in “My Computer”)
3. To make a sync folder on your desktop, with folders in it that matches some of the folders on your phone internal memory. And changes made to those folders on the phone or any files added or removed from the folder on your desktop will sync the next time you phone is hooked to the PC in sync mode. (No interface has to be open to do the sync.)
4. To give windows media player access to your internal memory if you want to sync music/video to the windows media player on the phone. (I think this faction is lame for the HD2 because the sense UI player is much better and its play list can be made and edited on the phone.)
5. To install msi files and give your PC access to the phone’s boot loader for rom installation
6. To be able to tether the phone to the PC so you can get net access from the phone using it as a modem or from the net access from the PC using it as a access point (not interface needs to be opened)
By the way “hotfix” files don’t use ActiveSync.
You run “hotfix” from the phone not your PC.
I’m begging to think you don’t really have this phone.
So if you can live without opening a special interface, maybe you should get an iPhone.
Anthony, 19 Jan 2010in order for me to help you, I need to know, how you tried to pair it when you failed?Hi Anthony ,
1) does any mobile browser support Pop-up's or can it work ?
2) Some how lately when i tried to send the SMS from the "people" tab , the SMS was lying in the Outbox and got deliverd after 2 days. Also the 2nd hotfix which was there on the HTC's India website has disappeared , Where can i get it ?
High Tech, 19 Jan 2010Found info on WM7 and what specs you will need to run. It also gives an idea on what it will l... moreYeah I read that.. looks awesome. Can't wait for more (official) info on Windows Mobile 7 or 'Seven' as they call if now. I really believe this will be a succes, because if you look at the other stuff Microsoft does, it does make sense.
Zune HD: succes (I don't know a lot about Zune, but I have never read bad comments about it)
Windows 7: succes
Microsoft just needs to take everything that is good from all these things and find a good way to put it in 'Seven'.
I am just starting to get worried about the HD2. Will it be able to FULLY benefit of all the features WM7 will offer? I really hope so.. (Still, the HD2 is awesome even at this point. Looooove it)
Back in late November Marat Fidarov wrote that he talked to people at the U.S. T-Mobile headquarters about when they are getting HD2 - they said around March 8 - unofficially. Not sure if that date holds, but sounds about right. Marat is not sure, though, about Xperia X10 and T-Mobile - Sony might be selling it unlocked for like $800.
Anonymous, 19 Jan 2010Hi anthony, i am not able to pair my sony bluetooth handsfree with HD2.i have just installed ... morein order for me to help you, I need to know, how you tried to pair it when you failed?