To everyone that wants to know.
There are many ways to free up your phone memory but it depends on what you did to full it in the first place.
1. If you sync pictures, videos and music to the phone using media player or media center you will need to go into those programs and remove all the files from the sync list so they can be removed from phone memory. And just copy them to the memory card instead. You should even take this phone off the sync list of media player because there are no real benefits of syncing with it and it has this way of adding files to the sync list without you knowing. If after removing the phone from the sync list of windows media player the pictures, videos, and music are still on phone memory you can manually move them using file explorer on the phone or the PC when you are connected in sync mode.
The only syncing that has real benefits is syncing with MS office using “ActiveSync” or “Windows Mobile Device Center” (syncing to upload media is pointless. copy and paste with the phone in “Disk Drive” mode will do the trick and you will be shore that the files are going to the memory card because the PC does not see phone memory in “Disk Drive” mode.
2. If you installed all your programs on phone memory, it’s time to uninstall them and install them again. But this time install them on the memory card (you do get the option to pick where to install during the installation process.) the only programs that should be installed on phone memory is... Drivers, hotfix/patches and programs that are set to start with the phone. All the rest can be installed on the memory card (games fall under the section... all the rest.)
Note: HTC hotfix files will install to phone memory no matter where you put them (memory card or phone memory) so save your space and put it on the memory card.
3. Don’t copy installation file to the phone memory put them on the memory card..... (They don’t even have to be on phone memory, even if the program is installing on phone memory.)
4. Programs like word, excel, Notes, voice recorder, camera, footprints and email all have their independent settings. You have to go in them one by one and set it to save files by default to the Memory Card not phone memory. Almost all the programs you install will have their independent settings so you should go in all of them and see if you can change where they save files. (Word, excel, notes, voice recordings, pictures, videos and music) files that you have already taken to the “phone memory” can be manually moved to the “memory card” with the use of the file explorer on the phone or the PC if the phone is connected in sync mode.
5. Use “MP3 Trimmer” to clip songs you use for ringtones. You don’t need to us an entire song as a ring tone. (your phone dose not ring that long) “MP3 Trimmer” can be found under multimedia in the start menu.
Note: if you have your info backed up with “myphone” “MS Office” or “PIM Backup” you can always do a factory reset to bring your phone back to its original condition (this does not affect files on the memory card and if you changed your rom it will not put back on the old rom)
To keep the phone at its most stable always close programs after you have completed using them (the only way to truly close a program is with “task manager”) a shortcut to “task manager” can be put on the phones task bar by installing “Duttys Task Manager for Leo.cab”
It is also a very fast way to switch between programs.
Here is the link.
You should check this site from time to time because new tips are always being added.
Note: not because your phone is connected in sync mode means it is syncing with MS Office. You have to set that up in “Windows Mobile Device Center” or “ActiveSync”
Even if you don’t want to sync with MS Office you should still install one of the 2 above (just don’t set it up to sync with MS Office.) doing so will let you see both phone memory and the memory card in “My Computer” on your PC not just the “memory card” like when you connect in “Disk Drive” mode.
khan, 20 Dec 2009in which website can we download free windows mobile games?there is know one site for that. you have to use google search.
free PPC games
Free windows mobile games.
Anthony, 20 Dec 2009There are newer roms but the roms HTC are giving is 1.48 and the English one ends with .405.2 ... moreok the starge thing is that it allowed me to install in less tha 10 secs .. and i see them in remove programs .. now the pink tint issue has lessened but not disappeared completely .. and sms is working fine... so the phone did allow me to update ... i have 1.48 its an officially unlocked phone in India .. now should i uninstall or just let it be ... ive installed both the hotfixes on the memory card so if i change the mem card i think i will have to uninstall and install again but this time on the phone memory..correct me if i am wrong .
vish, 20 Dec 2009Hi anthony ,
can u pls help me on these 2 issues.
- any ways to free phone memory .
... moreThere are newer roms but the roms HTC are giving is 1.48 and the English one ends with .405.2
So if you already had that on your phone there was no reason to update your rom. (i don’t think it would even let you update.)
As for the 3 hot fix files if you want to know if they were installed on your phone just go to “remove programs” and see if you see them in there.
That can be found under
Hi anthony ,
can u pls help me on these 2 issues.
- any ways to free phone memory .
- is 1.48 the latest rom ????cause the htc site says all updates for roms less than 1.49... i followed the update procedure( i have 1.48 ) and it took less than 5 secs for the hotfix ) the pink tint has lessened and no sms .. did i miss out on something ... pls help cause htc site says update takes 20-30 mins !!!! i took my handset 5 secs to update ... !!!! my rom still shows 1.48 after the update !!!
can anyone help on language?how to change the phone language?is this only available on english? wats the exact expandble memory on this phone?
It is a little sluggish like most phone out of the box, but still a large improvement over the Touch Pro. Waiting for a new rom to flash to from http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=531
Will this phone be available in australia?
If not where can I buy one and for how much?
Anddd is there any possibility that you can put android software on it rather than windows mobile
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
i have been using this phone for last 5 days and frequently its getting hang also no other WM 6+ software working properly. its a big problem if possible please pass this to HTC dev team
vishal, 19 Dec 2009can anybody tell me how do i free memory on my phone ... i keep on getting a msg saying phone ... morewhen I reach home later I will write in detail some of the many ways to free phone internal memory.
Chuck, 18 Dec 2009Well, lucky HTC has a person like you available to be their user guide. Its probably cheaper t... moreNO phone or software you buy will not work 100% out of the box... Now if the doesn't work out of the box, that's a big problem. That's why you have updates to make your product work better each day. Why buy a product and there's no support to make the product better. You buy a car in 2009. In 2010 there will be a better model of your car (they made a better model with more upgrades), same with phones, software, etc. No product is perfect out of the box...........
Has anyone heard when the 32GB microsd cards will be available. Been searching for awhile now, and cannot find anything????????????????????? I have a two 16GB cards now, but want a 32GB so I want have to switch cards out........................
Looks like t-mobile will be getting the HD2 and X10 next year. ATT dropped the ball again. I was hoping they would get the x10. My wife wants the x10. Looks like I will have to buy the x10 unlocked.
Anthony, 19 Dec 2009This was dumb of HTC.... solitare and bubble breaker is on the phone but they did not make a ... moreI was wondering if those games was there, because I didn't see them in the games folder. Thanks for the info. But still WM or Manufactures need to include more games out of the box. You pay over $700 for an unlocked phone, surely they can inclued a few more games. I'm not saying add 30 games, but give us more than just 3. Give us more motion games to see how the HD2 really plays games (just got one teeter).......
Shelley, 19 Dec 2009Hi!
I am due to get this phone on Monday.
Are there any 'must have' installations you th... moreThere is no one place to get all the apps for windows mobile. Programs can be found all over the net. This phone has more in common with a windows PC than with an average phone. so the faster you accept that the easy things will be for you when using it. So make Google search your best friend because you will be using it a lot to find what you need. There is no iTunes to do it all. And the “window mobile market please” is Childs play compared to what you can find on the outside.
And seeing that you are new to windows mobile and HTC phones the first thing you should do is spend the weekend reading the HD2 user manual.
HTC did a good job of making the phone user friendly. But sad to say, it is still not as i-diot proof/friendly as the iPhone, so you will have to do some reading to know how some things work, what some things are for and how to edit the many setting that can be edited.
Go to w w w .h t c . c o m
Pick your country as United Kingdom
Go to the support tab
Pick this phone
Pick the User Guides tab
And download the User Manual (not the Quick start guide)
After you digest all that is in there.
You can think about what programs to get.
Starting with the updates right there on the HTC site.
Neutral_Guy, 19 Dec 2009I have heard that after installing the patch from HTC site to resolve the sms issue, there are... moreI've noticed after installing the SMS patch, I can no longer open emails from the screen. I have to go into inbox tab to open my emails. I'm thinking about removing the patch...............