About this comment:
'1)NO video call
3)NO digital compass
4)NO 16million color display
6)NO 16 GB internal storage
7)ONLY 5MP camera
8)NO HD recording
9)NO 5.1 channel surround sound (even virtual doesn't exist)
10)NO DNSE 2.0 speakers (or Dolby enhanced speakers)
11)TOO small of a battery for such large screen (device=battery drainer)
14)NO Android (but that is people's preference)
15)NO REAL multitouch as it still runs on WM 6.5 (HTC shoulda waited till WM 7.0)
16)NO North American 3G bands
18)TOO ugly (on the back)
19)NO HD radio'
1. I Don't Care, never used it, don't know anyone to use it, and I know a lot of people.
2. I Don't Care.. maybe used it once in my entire life.
3. No that important to me, would have been nice though.
4. I am starting to get frustrated about everyone talking about that stupid 16M screen.. HUMAN BEINGS CAN NOT EVEN SEE THAT MUCH COLERS. There is hardly any difference. And please don't be one of thses people that wants to be able to say: 'i am so cool i have 16M color screen'.. It's just failure.
5. AMOLED? I hear it is better for you battery, but it has only been used in samsung phones if I remember correct. Could have been nice, but that is just a minor detail.
6. So? 8GB is already hard to fill up.. Yes there are some people that have 80.000 songs, but imo that is just fail. Have 50 that you really like, it is enough. Again, like the 16M color, this is just something to 'act cool about'. 8GB is just enough, with a extra memory card of 16 you have nothing to worry anymore.
7. Only 5MP camera? iPhone and BB have not even passed the 3.2MP, and even with these you can make nice pictures. Believe me, 5 MP is ENOUGH. Again something to act cool about..
8. HD recording? Since when is that standard? There are like less than 5 phone's that can do that? It would be nice though, but really you can not use this as a 'negative' point of the HD2, because it is not standard yet.
9. Would be nice, I agree with you. It is very important to me, and my current BB Bold has one of the most impressive speakers ever.
10. I don't know what to say about this..
11. You are right about that. I don't know how long the battery will last, so I can not say if the HD2 is good or bad in that area. But good battery life is VERY important.
12. What is this XPERIA X10? Please... it has a fine way of handling media.
14. The first time I am 100% behind you. If only this had been Android.. nuff said.
15. I can not say a lot about this, looks like you have more experience in WM 6.5 etc. But I am 100% sure I saw some kind of Multi-touch in all the video's about the HD2, so it does have (fake?) Multi-touch.
16. I am in Europe :D
17. It's same size as iPhone. And still the screen is 0.8-inch bigger. It's magic.
18. I can see your point, but I would not call it 'ugly'.
19. I have radio in my car, at home, etc. I don't need it on my mobile phone.
Some interesting points, but a lot of (in my opinion) not important comments. The biggest drawback is WM6.5, although it is not like it's the devil. Maybe future updates will make it much nicer. Still, android would have made this phone the KING.
And for the love of god, please stop wanting 100GB and 16M screens just to say to your friends 'I am cool because I have 100GB'. If I would be your friend, I would say: 'So? You only use 2GB? FAIL!"
My 2 cents, this is a great phone!
Acry, 05 Nov 2009Says the guy whose name is Anonymous.Oh really! So would you plz let me know if Acry is your true ID and you are known with that name in all parts of the world?! That's exactly proves my point, I can name myself whatever I want and there isn't even any point in using the same name here because others can do the same and use my name, who can stop them? what what is the point of using the names if people are just ranting against each other? and you're not better than them because you ignored my message and decided to stick to what pleases you more! good luck with that kid!
Is it just me or others feel the same thing? I'm really getting sick of those keep repeating this style "no x, no y, no z...."! Would you please shut up?! between those NOs there are twice more YESs that you ignore! They are doing the same on all comments sections for SE, HTC, Samsung, etc. What the hell is wrong with you?! Why are you acting like 10yo kids?!
I'm starting to believe that manufacturers have hired people to spam these comments' pages. I would like to see the day GSMA requires authentication for accepting comments. Yes, plz do that and stop this mess!
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Damn! Your just too childish..can't you read this?
Be polite and use common sense
Read before you post. Search before you post. There is a big chance that your question is already answered
Muhsinoglu, 05 Nov 2009Hi All will HTC HD2 be able to be upgradable to Winmo 7.0? Regards, Yes Sir..definitely...
will HTC HD2 be able to be upgradable to Winmo 7.0?
anyone know if you can upgrade the windows 7 when its out with this phone? Thanks
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970You must be mistaken...your probably talking about the Sony Ericsson X10.
UX is the terminology that SE uses, as in the "User eXperience"
You start your comment by bashing the HTC HD2, and then you close your comment by saying that a "prototype means delay" and that "SE" aren't doing their job well... you don't sound very sharp buddy. So which is it, HD2 or X10 that you are bashing?
Also, I just wanted to add to Anthony's list of things the HD2 DOES have...it's actually got 2 camera LED's, not 1 :)
G-dawg, 04 Nov 2009This phone looks really awesome, imho the best phone (almost) available on the market, and by ... moreI like your questions. It help me show how much people really donít know about Windows mobile (version 5 and up) not just HTC phones.
Let me start by saying....
1. when you start to install an app in windows mobile on any phone the first thing it does is ask you where you want to install in (on phone or memory card).. People that donít see that just donít read. And I know it works because I have done it many times myself. (you memory card is a good place to install apps like google maps that way if you change your rom or just factory reset you donít lose you info on the map when you reinstall it on the card in the same location again.
2. it does not matter if the HD2 comes with DivX/XVid or not because you can get many free media players that can play DivX/Xvid on windows mobile.
Coreplayer is one of them and it can play almost every media format there is. (And there are sites you can get it for free)
To the people that go by the name Anonymous.... it makes it hard to answer you one on one but I guess that is why you left the Anonymous there.
But any way....
To Anonymous there is msn messenger, IQC, Y a h o o messenger and more for windows mobile.. garmin mobile works on windows mobile and shazam for windows mobile is called "midomi" and it is free and does a lot more and shazam
To Anonymous that thinks he will not able to make skype video calls on this phone because it has no front video camera... that is True.. But the reason is skype mobile does not support video calls.. Just text and voice... I know because I had an HTC HD with the front camera and skype mobile as well.
And to the Anonymous that came up with the no list.
It does have a radio
It has an onscreen full QWERTY
It does have support for 32GB SD card
And itís not coming with windows mobile 1.6 it is coming with windows mobile 6.5
The back cover is metal...this is the HD2 not the HD
Look.... you are just playing domb. most of your info is wrong and Iím begging to think you wanted it that way so I would not even bother to go through the rest of your list.
Anonymous, 04 Nov 2009Such an awesome phone. With multi-touch, 4.3" screen, 1GHz processor, and a lot more but windo... moreAt current stage, winmo is more developed then android. I own hero, and I still waiting for a full flash support browser and a divx/xvid video player.
I have a HTC touch HD right now. one of the best phone i have ever used. I love the looks of the HD2. Just that I think the phone is a bit too big. would have been perfect if it's 4inch screen! and the phone a bit smaller. I really dont think a phone should get any bigger and heavier then the iPhone or HTC Touch HD.
is this phone has the screen made of glass like the iphone or is plactic?
no secondary camera no problem!
1. make skype call
2. stand in front of a mirror
3. problem solved!
Bharpreet_India, 04 Nov 2009Yup , thats why i have dropped my plans of buying HD2 thru net. The only way left out is to fi... morehey bharpreet..good news is that the HTC HD2 is being shipped to Europe and Asia...i think whether india is included in the asian market or not!!!
This site has 30 HD2's left in the first batch to ship on Nov 11th. http://www.smggsm.com/htc-hd2-unlocked-pda-smartphone.html?productid=807
GVS, 04 Nov 2009the only htc phone with a camera flashThe Touch Pro 1 Has Flash
Devil666, 03 Nov 20091)NO video call
3)NO digital compass
4)NO 16million color display
... moredude are you serious? first of all what do u mean by no real multitouch?it has multitouch and it works so who cares if htc put it in or microsoft?theres no difference.next who will ever use a digital compass when u hav gps and google maps....next hav u actually compared screens?there is no visual difference between 65k and 16m its just a fat spec....next, 5mp camera is not bad, u cant expect an 8mp unless its more expensive than iphone....its so huge cuz of the screen, its main sellin point, if u dont like it buy somethin else but don't blame it, it satisfies its target audience that's y its called hd. next only one phone has hd video recording rite now so you can't expect all high end devices to suddenly hav it.