I think this phone is great value for the price we sell it for where i work. It is android a plus. great rear housing, tough.The black colour is better. pretty responsive with the touch screen.
The camera is not to bad. it aint the best. but atleast you can video call and bluetooth. unlock some other smart phones that are more expensive.
xian, 11 Feb 2011how is the video quality?? not that good shoot 480p
Really disappointed with the phone.I'm waiting for the 2.1 update (I'm in Canada I have no idea what the delay is), which I'm hoping will fix the rebooting issue.
Periodically while I'm on a call or a call comes in the phone reboots.
The worst is when I'm in certain areas the phone reboots every time a call comes in, the phone will ring once then reboot.
This constant reboot issue is location specific as when I'm at home I get random reboots but when I go to visit my parents I get constant reboots.
I sent the phone for repairs and all they did was re-flash the rom. Today my 2nd day back with the phone it rebooted in the middle of a call.
I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone.
I was going to buy this phone ..have changed my mind after reading the above
Hi guys, got my Black Legend with Froyo yesterday from Vodafone Australia, extremely happy with it... Main points so far
- Great Screen
- Froyo brings a more complete Android experience
- Build quality is greet but feels small in the hand
- Battery isn't great, i'll probably get a 2nd and keep it in my wallet
- People and social media integration
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Very smooth and quick
- Android apps have gotten ALOT better since a year ago when i had a HTC Magic.
Can this phones' voice memo record during a call? If yes, is recording started by some dedicated key, shortcut, etc?
After firmware update, to ensure a good setup:
1) Backup your data.
2) Hard reset phone to factory default.
3) Re-configure phone settings.
4) Restore data (from step 1).
5) Do not use 'Live wallpaper' (resource hungry).
6) Do not use 'Task Killer'.
(read somewhere that from v2.1 and onwards, 'Task killer' became ineffective. Only use it for poorly written apps. If possible, uninstall and do not use the poorly written apps & 'Task killer').
7) Try not to use 'App2SD'.
Read/write speed to internal memory is much faster than External memory.
8) Only use Froyo compatible apps.
9) Reduce apps' update frequency.
E.g. change from 15mins to 60mins.
10) Press Menu, Settings -> Display -> Animation. Change it to 'some animations' or 'no animations'.
11) Reduce the usage of 'widgets'. Because 'widgets' needs to update themselves from time to time. Usage of 'shortcuts' should be okay.
12) Try not to use interface overlays. 'HTC sense' by itself took up some resources. If you use other overlays (E.g. Iphone, Windows7). Availability of resources will be affected.
Getting the Vodafone Aus Black version pre-installed with Froyo tomorrow, looking forward to it!
gms, 02 Feb 2011can legend upgradable to froyo?A nice phone by design. Surely upgradeable to Froyo 2.2
HTC has released Firmware update to 2.2 for HTC Legend.
Phone got improvement in terms of performance.
I got a question, i want to buy a Legend, and i want to know if the condition unlocked (sim free) is the same thing like Unbranded. I am looking to buy it with out any service provider cuztomization in hardware or software, so i can use it with every operator globally and recive update without operators interventions.