Just registered to post this. Got this phone for 4 days now and I absolutely love it. Everything about it is amazing, except maybe the fact that BlinkFeed cannot be completely removed, but I can live with that. The camera is also maybe not the best one, but for a smartphone (not a pro digital camera) and for my needs it's more than enough. I love some of the HTC specific features like Zoe and it would really be hard for me to go to any other phone now. I also tried using it for Skype while I cook, and the speakers are amazing. I talk to my parents quite often and it really helps to be able to just leave the phone on the table while I cook, not having to use my laptop and take up the space on the table :D I guess the only thing I don't like about the phone is the battery. But that can be said for ANY smartphone with such specifications. It's the problem with battery technology of today... not the phone itself or HTC being lazy. All in all... 9.3/10 from me :)
Phone is beautiful, speakers are just incredible, I couldn't belive how loud they would go without any distortion.
Screen is gorgeous, new sense is ok, but lacking pages for more apps, don't like being forced to use folders.
Missing the tab button is just silly, swapping apps is difficult and frustrating.
Camera is good but nothing great.
Save your money and get a ONE X, besides the screen and aluminum body its just as good as the ONE.
HTC One camera performance really amazing with 1.29.401.13 update.
Night shots are also excellent :)
Just read the threads below. I have taken a lot of pictures on the htc one and I swear they are not only amazing and unbelievably clear for anyone owning one you will see how they have enabled the pictures to turn to videos and a variety of things effortlessly specially with people like myself who are not picture savvy.
I currently own the Sony xperia z and the lumia 920 both of which are great great phones each bringing a different experience to the user. I came across the Samsung 4 and the htc one yesterday in dubai airport and had a chance to compare. Again my decision is based on my personnel needs and requirements from the mobile. I spent about 20 minutes with both. Htc one beautiful phone light picture experience amazing,the feeder on the front page pretty great,keyboard quick and easy to type on and battery life great and I am a heavy user with email,SMS,browsing and phone calls. The Samsung also provided a great experience with a larger screen also great camera and the software has been tweaked to show a different experience when using certain apps. I opted for the htc one that I feel surpasses the Sony xperia z, Nokia lumia 920 and the Samsung 4. I day later I am loving this phone hoping that when I need to replace it there be a phone out there to rival this. Again everyone uses each phone for a different usage and my is business and music and it is amazing in those.
Galaxy S4 and HTC One photo comparison:
In my opinion the photos made by HTC One are better looking.
AnonD-77351, 24 Apr 2013Nope, the Xperia Z is better. HTC One has no microSD card slot and its camera is ridiculously poor.Xperia Z are you kidding me ? 32 GB is for me fairly enough memory, and you speaking lies, HTC One has a great camera, HTC is the best phone in the market..
There have been some people trolling around here with capacitve button issue..well all that is false..
About the phone -
- Awesome phone..fell in love with it in the first meeting..
- Superb sound quality ..both earphones and speaker
- Fabulous screen.. love this one!!
- excellent design.. it cannot get better than this..
- camera is superb ..beautiful images in dark..best i have seen till date with any smartphone..love this one!! daylight images are also good enough and will improve after the update just released.
- Battery - decent battery ..gave me around 1.5 day back up with normal usage.. 3 hours music, 1 hour calling , internet on wifi..
- Highly recommended ..wait for this one...HTC ONE is surely something you will enjoy in your daily life..
On Samsung S4:
- Screen is very good.. both mobiles have good screen.
- ugly design..didnt want to feel that i bought cheap plastic after spending so much..
- software glitches ..touchwiz lags even on octa core(with 4 cores working at a time).
- music quality is very good but not better than htc one.
- video recording is poor
- image quality good in daylight but night images have a lots of noise and less light.
- Battery back up similar to htc one..
- UI is very bad...feels like using samsung grand or S3..no premium feel.
Guys if you want to enjoy your smartphone go for htc one..don't get lured by benchmarks..this tiny difference doesnt mean anything..and what difference does that benchmark make if even touchwiz lags on S4..??.
Blindly go for HTC ONE!! BEST MOBILE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!
yatin, 25 Apr 2013it is launched in India 2nd week April but availability is not confirm nearby sellersyes I got a mail frm htc saying its gonna launch in may 1st week for sure
According to gsm arena-battery tests endurance rating for htc one is 48, 63 for galaxy s4. But the test results are very similar. How come so different ending???
AnonD-22665, 25 Apr 2013when is it launching in india?it is launched in India 2nd week April but availability is not confirm nearby sellers
aaa, 24 Apr 2013htc one has a capacitive button problem in which they stop responding, htc needs to fix this!!!!The capacitive butons work just fine :)