Its a misconception most people has... Its still the same 4 megapixel. The name "Ultramegapixel" was just made up by HTC... in laymans terms its like comparing Nikon d3s vs d3x ... Both has the same full frame sensor yet d3x has higher pixel count however its not good in low light compared to Nikon d3s.
SUN, 07 Apr 20134mp camera for 590 euros? that's a drawback!! ^You re getting a high end smartphone ..not a camera for 590 euros
ThomasCarlsson, 07 Apr 20134 MP is not enough, because most people like to zoom in and look at parts of their pictures bu... more4mp is already twice the resolution of full HD..unless you r using a really high resolution screen like in the nexus 10 or ipad 4 , there shouldn't be much problem...or get a dslr if you need really good pics
ME :P, 07 Apr 2013its not 4MP. its 4UP(ultra pixel) Its a new technology Ok...a 4 megapixel photo is 2688 x 1560 in size / resolution...what's the size of ur 4 ultra pixel photo?...my dear friend..please understand that the ultra is marketing term used for the size of each individual pixel, not the size/ resolution of the camera
edcgar53, 07 Apr 2013If the battery needs to be change, how will you do that? ill give this only 2 star.i don't know you ever used O2 xda phone or not. but for me i used it b 4, today i used HTC Incredible S. i think battery not removeable it no problem, because HTC made smartphone not like Samsung. And how about iphone battery not removeable , why don't you think !!!!!!!!!!!,
Good evening! I have a question, does the 3 dot black bar appear at the bottom of the screen in some apps? There's a way to disable that? In some reviews on the internet I saw the black bar and in others it doesn´t appear.
remember this is not 4 mega pixel camera it has 4 macro pixel camera which is more excellent and better than other HTC has made this great change 1st time in smart phones
If the battery needs to be change, how will you do that? ill give this only 2 star.
[deleted post]Tnx for link..
One is most complete package since now ..
really handpiece. From htc.
People put a casing on htc one to protect its beautiful body but people put a casing on galaxy s4 because they are ashamed of the ugly sgs4
Tj, 07 Apr 2013Htc should put this phne in india at less than 36000..then only it can beat others...in india ... moreThat's why you guys are so behind in terms of technology. I'm waiting for this phone with passion
SUN, 07 Apr 20134mp camera for 590 euros? that's a drawback!! ^It has been said countless times that HTC are using ultra-pixels in the One. Its 4mp theoretically, but practically it's as good 10mp+
people who said that 4megapixels is not good or is very bad you are wrong actually is the best a phone can give you with a resolution of 2688 x 1520 pixels and with autofocus and led thats something not other phone could done and if lets say somebody mention that samsung is better hahaha lmfao is just a pice of crap company copying other phone ok
They deliberately reduced the amount of pixels of the camera so that they can use larger pixels, thus increasing the amount of light captured by each pixel.
This improves image quality in low light conditions.
the camera is not better!
look at all the reviews!!!!
why are people saying it is better when it is pooo
xyphr, 06 Apr 2013It's still 4 mega pixel resolution...& each pixel is 2um in size...which is by the way goo... more4 MP is not enough, because most people like to zoom in and look at parts of their pictures but with only 4 MP that is not possible!
Htc should put this phne in india at less than 36000..then only it can beat others...in india people dont care about quality..bigger screen preference.
HTC One is the clear winner because of the following:
1) Better screen: The 4.7 inch SuperLCD3 has powerful whites, better viewing angles, and truecolor narutal colors then SGS4's Amoled. S4 has has Adobe RGB mode which allows to adjust colour accuracy (but it does it really bad; natural is not natural but pastel)
2) Much better camera: HTC One camera can shoot photos with more realistic colors and faster because a faster shuter speed. The field of view is also larger on the HTC One. And OIS along with the UltraPixel tech makes better night shots.
3) Better battery: It uses a Li-Ion Polymer battery that has a much longer life span. S4's can be removed and on the other hand.
4) Better hardware: Better FF camera with wide-angle lens. Front facing stereo speakers. Internal sound amplifiers. Optical Image Stabilisation on the camera lens. Tough aluminium unibody build. (Same CPU/GPU)
5) More useful software: BlinkFeed, Zoe, Sense 5. The best Android keyboard interface ever, with gestures to operate easily and intuitively.
6) Build quality: Dont get me started. HyperGlazed polycarbonate scratches just by looking at it. HTC One is almost scratch-proof ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWqPpYVE08 ) It has better in-hand feel due to a rigid design and tapered back. Only 4mm on the sides so it feels extremely thin but a nice 9.3mm on the centre back so it fits your hand like a glove.
7) Internal storage: has 32/64GB NAND. More then enough for everyone. Also supports USB OTG to connect a USB stick or an external disk. NAND is much faster, more durable and has incredibly longer life span then SD cards.
8) Customer support: HTC customers support are fast and friendly. Samsung has the worst costumer support ever (at least in my experience)
Others: I could operate One X with gloves. And a screen too sensitive just makes new kinds of problems. Samsung has better name recognition but they don't devote themselfs to producing only smartphones. They make loads of other things like other OEM's. HTC WAS the face of Android and will be again. HTC has smartphone herritage and Android wouldn't be if not for HTC and especially SENSE UI/UX that made Andoid usefull and easy to operate. They are the official sponsor of UEFA and Champions league of football. People notice the beautiful build of HTC's devices and the new marketing campaign will help more to promote. Which brings me to aftersale. Nothing makes the price last and people wanna buy it like good hardware like HTC One has along with it's incredible metall builld. Accessories are plentiful. Really, I don't see the point here at all. Original HTC accessories are the best and other manufacturers follow the design cues.
The bottom line really is that you will simply FALL IN LOVE WITH the HTC ONE when you get your hands on it.
If you compare the devices hand-in-hand, side-by-side the effect will just be grater. Trust me. HTC One feels more polished and looks so much better. From hardware standpoint as well as the software standpoind. Holistic, ZEN and stylish interface that is intuative and very easy to use throughout the whole experience.