AnonD-238457, 25 Apr 2014Hi people. I have recently upgraded to Htc One M8. I had the M7 previously. I used Lg G2, Ipho... moreyou are the king with this detailed review man
i will get the m8 very soon
Hi people. I have recently upgraded to Htc One M8. I had the M7 previously. I used Lg G2, Iphone 5, Nokia 1520 and i also checked galaxy s5 troughly. Let me tell you, Htc One M8 is one of the best i have ever seen. I am still trying to work out how they managed to design such a beautiful phone. The metal curves is just an engineering miracle. The build quality is second to none. Nothing compares. Iphone 5-5s is a joke trust me. I will cover the differences in m8 compare to m7.
* Battery is more powerful in m8, around 6-7 hours real on screen time compare to 4-5 hours on m7.
* Screen is much more clean, vivid colors, brighter, very touch responsive almost like silk. Bigger screen definitely a plus without any problems of holding it. its the same width but longer. On screen keys dont make much of a problem.
* The new sense UI is awsome butter smooth. IOS follows behind. Sense ui is faster then ever with the new snapdragon 801. Almost instant.
* The speakers are on par with m7 even better i should say because it sounds abit louder just as HTC promised. They weren't lying. I was a bit spectical going from M7 64 gb to M8. Because m7 had the beats. But do not worry. Its perfect. M8 has better speakers. I did a research. They reported that, the M8 has harman kardon amps to support. Which is better then Beats. So i have no complaints at all regarding speakers.
* Now the second camera is really not a gimmick. I have used it. And personally, it is a very welcome feature. It does work and its amazing. The 3d effects are something nice to play with as well. The camera is so fast, you just have to try it yourself. I was a bit sad when i had the m7. Comparing to Iphone 5, it was a bit slower. But M8 is so fast, even Iphone 5s wont come close. Plus, you can take pictures with the volume key. That is something i really look for on my phone, previously couldnt do that with my M7. The HDR feature is ten times better now. It really has improved with better lighting, you can definitely see the difference between M& and M8. Also the front cam is realy improved. It does take clean photos, much better resolution.
* Also regarding battery, The M8 charges much much quicker now. Infact it charges quicker then the iphones. This was much needed.
* The M8 does not get hot as M7. Since i began using it, i have not felt any heat on my phone, which is very interesting. Thats because , with M7, i had this problem a lot. The heat was very annoying. It could go up to 45 degrees at times. I could feel the heat trough my beautiful UAG case. So think about it. Now M8 is so cool, it operates perfectly.
* i do miss the inbuilt 64 gb. There is no doubt. I already about to run out of room in my inbuilt memory of 16gb. Memory card expansion is very welcome feature. Though i wish i could have had the 32 gb version. But no where to find that. Though they did mention 16 and 32 gb version on release. But still I could live with that i guess. Moving apps to sd card doesnt help much as it moves a certain part of the app. It is about 10-20 percent of the file.
* The headphones are the same. I do love these headphones. Every other phone has headphones that are like from a toyshop. Even the iphone ones. But sony z2 will have good ones with their release.
* The motion gesture launch feature on M8 is awesome. Forget fingerprint and the rest. I never lost my phone, never needed pins or anything like that. A smart person dont really need those. Who would like to have their fingerprints in the NSA data centres? Iphone lovers and s5 users will no doubt.
Coming to motion launch, with one swipe to right im in the home screen. One swipe up im back to where i was left in an app. with one swipe down , make a call to your contacts. You really have to use this to understand what i am talking about. Its so convenient.
* One downside with my M8 is , it still has the same led light notifications which i cant modify. This really is sad. I thought HTC would rectify this as many users complained about this with M7.
* To me the bezel where HTC logo sits is not a big deal. It doesnt bother me at all. Though it would have been much more clever to put the HTC logo on speaker grill. But as HTC said, apparently there is much going under there so looks like they needed that extra space for now.
Last thing i have to add here is M9. It will be the king of the phones for sure. HTC teased already regarding a new camera with flush zoom camera built in the M9. So this is allready exiting. Hope this review helps anyone who has some questions in their mind.
Htc One M8 does not lag at all. Lg G2 did lag. Back buttons were a joke. Screen wasnt bright as M8. Ui was not as bad as touchwiz though definitely can not be compared to sense ui. Battery was very good no doubt. Camera was slow but took very detailed nice photos. Was taking amazing photos really. Videos were bad , they have problems with ois, constantly breathing. Speakers were not adequate. Htc One M7 did lag minimal. Nokia 1520 no lags at all but it lost alot from the ui and the apps and usability. Built quality was good but it was too big. Camera was very good but a bit slow.
As much as i could see from few galaxy S5s i used, there is still lag current on them even thought with the latest snapdragon. The camera is really not fast comparing to M8. Opening apps on S5 is fairly slower comparing to M8. Touchwiz is a joke. I got lost in it. LOL.. Water resistant feature and removable battery is good. M8 is the new king again this year no doubt. Cheers.
Jake, 25 Apr 2014why did they remove the Beats Audio sound enhancement!?HTC have to sell the rights of beats audio because they have not enough money to ran their company
Jake, 25 Apr 2014why did they remove the Beats Audio sound enhancement!?it was about financial and useless in compare in the price .... but now htc has boomsound and inside amplifier in new devices.it is equal or better than beats.don't worry about it because I heard one max sound(has no beats) and it was excellent and perfect. when htc could make high quality sound beats is unnecessary with those price(265 million dollars).
Jake, 25 Apr 2014why did they remove the Beats Audio sound enhancement!?I think Beats Audio and HTC partnership is over. Trust me this phone has better music quality even without Beats.
Beats Audio is just a fancy, useless trademark.
AnonD-257456, 24 Apr 2014Good day. Please I need to confirm if MS Office comes preinstalled in the phone or I have to d... moreThe M8 which I bought doesn't has the Microsoft Office. It's comes with Polaris Office, which is a great application. I can do all the basic stuff in Word, Powerpoint and Excel through the Polaris Office.
AnonD-257456, 24 Apr 2014Good day. Please I need to confirm if MS Office comes preinstalled in the phone or I have to d... morePolaris came pre-installed even if it doesn't, there are better office app available to download
AnonD-116479, 22 Apr 2014I promised you guys that I will add a detailed review here once I got this phone. I bought thi... moreGood day. Please I need to confirm if MS Office comes preinstalled in the phone or I have to download it from the Play Store?
Also, is Polaris Office 4 a good alternative? Asking because my bro wants to buy it. Thanks in advance.
AnonD-257292, 24 Apr 2014I m using S3 for a year and i m tired of it because it's too laggy i open an app or even i pre... moreMaybe one reason why your s3 is lagging is because of touchwiz...while the UI has its merits it also causes lagging problems in many of the grand series phones....stock android is really smooth with negligible lagging so its not because of android.....
M8 is the best the Gun Metal the Camera effects are nice plus other features like other phones have
AnonD-257292, 24 Apr 2014I m using S3 for a year and i m tired of it because it's too laggy i open an app or even i pre... moreJust look video reviews on You Tube between HTC M8 & Galaxy S5.
You will see how smooth is the M8. M8 display is really fast responsive than even iphone 5S. It has the fastest responsive display than any smart phone. Similarly, it's completely lag free. You don't need to worry to buy this.
This is just my opinion. Im not here to bash any unit but this is a fact. My officemate has a LG G2 and the pictures taken was not good enough mostly in low light conditions. As well as the S4 of my sister. My point is 16/13mp is no use if you do not know how to use it correctly. Always on auto mode point and shoot, youll think youve been fooled by 13/16mp shooter. Higher mp mostly good in daylight but not in lowlight. I havent tried the ultrpixel yet coz of m7's tint issues..good thing i havent buy one. I stick to my HOX+ which is after the update to 4.2 the camera become worse. Im waiting for the M8 to arrive here in Philippines and give it a shot. No tint issues so far and thats good. I'll go for metal body and stereo speakers and just make some tweaks to camera since ive benn using an average shooter (HTC One X+) for 2years. I know i can live with that, in case the dual cam fails hahaha
I m using S3 for a year and i m tired of it because it's too laggy i open an app or even i press phone app it takes 4 to 5 scnds to open it. my brother bought iphone 5s i used that and its too fluid and smooth. As lag is bcz of android vs ios . i think IOS is much fluid than android. now i am planing to buy new phone which one should i buy GS5 or M8.? are these phones are also laggy because of android.?
Any suggestion will b really appreciated.