AnonD-238457, 25 Apr 2014Hi people. I have recently upgraded to Htc One M8. I had the M7 previously. I used Lg G2, Ipho... moreHave you tried "Light Flow Lite" to see if it can change M8 LED Notification colours?..
HTC M8 is awesome phone! why everytime others give you upgrade in processor and RAM and Camera with all plastic body thats really stupid! HTC has done a remarkable job with Gun Metal body and boom sound. And by the way it has all the specs that a high end phone these days but othes dont have such exclusive things that HTC has. So no doubt HTC is the winner!
mukesh verma, 27 Apr 2014my choice is samsung s5 because 2180 video recording or meximum resulation photo capture possi... moreReally, It's funny you are saying the Galaxy S5 is better than the HTC M8 just because of a one video recording feature.
How about the low-light photography of the S5 and lagging Touchwiz.
M8 is better than the S5 in all the aspects.
mukesh verma, 27 Apr 2014my choice is samsung s5 because 2180 video recording or meximum resulation photo capture possi... moreThis is an international community, so learn to write proper English first, or get out of here.
my choice is samsung s5 because 2180 video recording or meximum resulation photo capture possible in samsung s5 or feathers excelant compare to htc one
[deleted post]Lol, didn't think like that :D I'll give it a thought now.
Seriously though, need it cause with my S4 while I'm walking I never feel the vibration, and ultimately I gotta call back my clients as their calls are missed! Whatever I do my next phone must have a super strong vibration cause I hate missing calls!
Well,metal body is awesome and strong but still if u drop it from big height ,be ready to face bumps,scratches and pressed metal just like happens with car body,better to use a strong body armour with this phone,Atleast Plastic bodies dont get bumps and solid enough to take drop pressure,though they look cheap.
AnonD-258252, 27 Apr 2014what mean of two camera's???The phone actually has two cameras on its back side; one for regular image-capturing and another for recording of depth perception data.
The idea is that the extra depth data can let the phone know what objects are near and far from you and then allow you to play with the focus after the fact in some interesting ways.
AnonD-14582, 26 Apr 2014When will dual SIM m8 launch in IndiaA quad SIM model will launch here according to hTC, but it will be released in 3017.
It's a nice upgrade from HTC one.I love every aspect about this beautiful piece of hardware.I like it over galaxy s5
AnonD-238457, 25 Apr 2014Hi people. I have recently upgraded to Htc One M8. I had the M7 previously. I used Lg G2, Ipho... moreThanks a lot for taking time and writing the review.
Could you please tell me, how is the vibration of M8? Is it strong? I mean do you feel it when it's vibrating in your pocket?
AnonD-238457, 25 Apr 2014Hi people. I have recently upgraded to Htc One M8. I had the M7 previously. I used Lg G2, Ipho... moreyou are the king with this detailed review man
i will get the m8 very soon
Hi people. I have recently upgraded to Htc One M8. I had the M7 previously. I used Lg G2, Iphone 5, Nokia 1520 and i also checked galaxy s5 troughly. Let me tell you, Htc One M8 is one of the best i have ever seen. I am still trying to work out how they managed to design such a beautiful phone. The metal curves is just an engineering miracle. The build quality is second to none. Nothing compares. Iphone 5-5s is a joke trust me. I will cover the differences in m8 compare to m7.
* Battery is more powerful in m8, around 6-7 hours real on screen time compare to 4-5 hours on m7.
* Screen is much more clean, vivid colors, brighter, very touch responsive almost like silk. Bigger screen definitely a plus without any problems of holding it. its the same width but longer. On screen keys dont make much of a problem.
* The new sense UI is awsome butter smooth. IOS follows behind. Sense ui is faster then ever with the new snapdragon 801. Almost instant.
* The speakers are on par with m7 even better i should say because it sounds abit louder just as HTC promised. They weren't lying. I was a bit spectical going from M7 64 gb to M8. Because m7 had the beats. But do not worry. Its perfect. M8 has better speakers. I did a research. They reported that, the M8 has harman kardon amps to support. Which is better then Beats. So i have no complaints at all regarding speakers.
* Now the second camera is really not a gimmick. I have used it. And personally, it is a very welcome feature. It does work and its amazing. The 3d effects are something nice to play with as well. The camera is so fast, you just have to try it yourself. I was a bit sad when i had the m7. Comparing to Iphone 5, it was a bit slower. But M8 is so fast, even Iphone 5s wont come close. Plus, you can take pictures with the volume key. That is something i really look for on my phone, previously couldnt do that with my M7. The HDR feature is ten times better now. It really has improved with better lighting, you can definitely see the difference between M& and M8. Also the front cam is realy improved. It does take clean photos, much better resolution.
* Also regarding battery, The M8 charges much much quicker now. Infact it charges quicker then the iphones. This was much needed.
* The M8 does not get hot as M7. Since i began using it, i have not felt any heat on my phone, which is very interesting. Thats because , with M7, i had this problem a lot. The heat was very annoying. It could go up to 45 degrees at times. I could feel the heat trough my beautiful UAG case. So think about it. Now M8 is so cool, it operates perfectly.
* i do miss the inbuilt 64 gb. There is no doubt. I already about to run out of room in my inbuilt memory of 16gb. Memory card expansion is very welcome feature. Though i wish i could have had the 32 gb version. But no where to find that. Though they did mention 16 and 32 gb version on release. But still I could live with that i guess. Moving apps to sd card doesnt help much as it moves a certain part of the app. It is about 10-20 percent of the file.
* The headphones are the same. I do love these headphones. Every other phone has headphones that are like from a toyshop. Even the iphone ones. But sony z2 will have good ones with their release.
* The motion gesture launch feature on M8 is awesome. Forget fingerprint and the rest. I never lost my phone, never needed pins or anything like that. A smart person dont really need those. Who would like to have their fingerprints in the NSA data centres? Iphone lovers and s5 users will no doubt.
Coming to motion launch, with one swipe to right im in the home screen. One swipe up im back to where i was left in an app. with one swipe down , make a call to your contacts. You really have to use this to understand what i am talking about. Its so convenient.
* One downside with my M8 is , it still has the same led light notifications which i cant modify. This really is sad. I thought HTC would rectify this as many users complained about this with M7.
* To me the bezel where HTC logo sits is not a big deal. It doesnt bother me at all. Though it would have been much more clever to put the HTC logo on speaker grill. But as HTC said, apparently there is much going under there so looks like they needed that extra space for now.
Last thing i have to add here is M9. It will be the king of the phones for sure. HTC teased already regarding a new camera with flush zoom camera built in the M9. So this is allready exiting. Hope this review helps anyone who has some questions in their mind.
Htc One M8 does not lag at all. Lg G2 did lag. Back buttons were a joke. Screen wasnt bright as M8. Ui was not as bad as touchwiz though definitely can not be compared to sense ui. Battery was very good no doubt. Camera was slow but took very detailed nice photos. Was taking amazing photos really. Videos were bad , they have problems with ois, constantly breathing. Speakers were not adequate. Htc One M7 did lag minimal. Nokia 1520 no lags at all but it lost alot from the ui and the apps and usability. Built quality was good but it was too big. Camera was very good but a bit slow.
As much as i could see from few galaxy S5s i used, there is still lag current on them even thought with the latest snapdragon. The camera is really not fast comparing to M8. Opening apps on S5 is fairly slower comparing to M8. Touchwiz is a joke. I got lost in it. LOL.. Water resistant feature and removable battery is good. M8 is the new king again this year no doubt. Cheers.