Really surprising for a mobile phone maker such as HTC trying to beat the market with their flagship mobile phone the HTC One M8 and yet coming up with a 4 MP (They call it Ultra pixel) camera. Who are you trying to compete with? Samsung, Sony, Apple, LG OR Nokia? Non of them makes a 4 MP camera. Yes, I talk about the camera because one of the reasons most smart phone users make their buy decision is on camera quality, number of MP may not necessarily determine the quality of the picture, but come on 4MP is a shame in 2014!
I was so much into getting the M8, but now I think I'd rather wait for apple to announce its iphone 6 with breakthrough features and definitely the best picture quality of its camera.
This phone has an awesome design and a very fluid onscreen layout. I upgraded to the M8 from the HTC One and it was a great decision. Well worth the value, just put a case on it.
Loudspeaker..if sony z2 rated 99.70% loudness of its speaker the htc one M8 is rated 100% loudness..although its not a big difrenz..and to tink that Z1 is a water proof/water resistant smartfone.
Sindroid, 04 Apr 20145 things that really sucks with M8 and made me not buy it. (Note: Im a former M7 user)
1. T... moreSome of your issues can't be considered as seriously. I know every buyer expect a good camera from a high-end phone. I'm currently using a HTC One M7. I can satisfy with the performance of the camera. Some of my friends who using S4 are saying it's camera is good only in the day light. But it's horrible in the indoor and low light conditions. Then I compared the picture quality with Xperia Z1. I found both these cameras don't have any noticeable different. They both perform equally. Then I would like to talk about the pink tint. I had the same problem as soon as I bought the M7. After a firmware update the pink tint issue is completely gone. I know that HTC could have increase the ultrapixel amount at least 5 UP or 6 UP. However, Specs doesn't matter if the real life performances are good.
I think you must don't know that M8 has a feature called motion gestures. You really don't need to press the power button to wake up the screen. Just swipe on the screen (when the display off) much more enough to wake up the screen. So, again the power button placement is not really a big issue.
Indeed, every high-end phone is quite expensive when they are introducing newly. For an example, I bought my M7 for 85 000 LKR ($650). But now it's just 65 000 LKR ($500).
Generally, I believe M8 is a great phone when compared to Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2. There are lots of changes in new M8 while S5 and Z2 almost same as the previous version.
hey guys im useing htc one m8 its a fantastic phone about the camera its far better then the htc one m7 and its got 5up front camera which is an amazing also an i hope this will be the best andriod phone of 2014 none of the company can beat htc one m8 ..
Sindroid, 04 Apr 20145 things that really sucks with M8 and made me not buy it. (Note: Im a former M7 user) 1. T... moreI understand your comment.but what i hate most is bottom useless black line,it make phone screen look shapeless,blackberry make thesame mistake on z30 i love samsung,LG and sony edge to edge screen size no bottom black line.htc should change from upixel to mpixel. 13mp is ok i love good camera phones+dual speakers
keke, 04 Apr 2014I'm using HTC One Max as I'm typying watching cricket my country South Africa outplaying Indi... moreAre you sure you will like m8 than one max? Changing one max for m8 is not good idea. What do you think?
5 things that really sucks with M8 and made me not buy it. (Note: Im a former M7 user)
1. The camera obviously. The 4 UP gimmick did do much success, and the purple tint was dreadful. What is the point with a camera that is suppose to take good low light photos when it has purple tint. HTC should have roamed forums and seen the opinions about the camera and in the end, DROPPED the 4UP rubbish a stuck a proper 12mp camera in the M8.
2. The Price. It costs the same as an iPhone. You would be a fool to buy it now. The M7 was also a costy thing but dropped HARD in price after short time. Want it? Wait for price drop.
3. Screen utilisation. I bought a secondhand LG G2, and i LOVE how they stretched the screen out to the edge and had a narrow bezel as possible. HTC still has a lot to go and learn from Samsung and LG. I mean, come on. It´s an aluminium casing and is sturdy as hell and don't need bezels. And the bottom part with the HTC logo is absolutely useless since M8 has on-screen capacitive button now. Is just a black line of NOTHING..
4. The Power button is still on top. On the M7 it was there too on the left side. Fair enough, but HTC has done the pointless move to keep it on top, and worse, moved it to the RIGHT SIDE of the phone, making it more harder to reach and access unless you have rubber fingers. Again, Z1 and G2 wins. Put it on the side man come on.
5. Boom sound speakers. This is more of a personal issue and i guess i will get pawned by it. In my honest opinion, the speakers on a phone is low priority. I rarely use them. Because me, and people mostly have their Beats connected to it most time. And as i already mentioned, i rarely use them, but the bottom speaker still managed to go defunct. I would rather have a fantastic camera if they could be scarified.
It´s a shame HTC has sunk so low. They try hard but they fail. They seem not to listen to their consumers which is a bad thing. It´s a shame because HTC is the only company that make phones built like a tank. And i liked that.
Anonymous, 04 Apr 2014The most terrible issue with m7 was the purple tint when taking low light picture. Does the m8... moreTo early to tell. The purple tint came after some time of usage. My m7 did not have this to begin with, it slowly came.
Techno J., 04 Apr 2014I wish South Africa will meet Sri Lanka at the final. Greeting from Sri Lanka.We have lost my brother, it's one of those days when you try so hard but things don't go your way. Last year December India was here in South Africa and we dominated every game from Test to ODI to beat them in every game. India was good because they were home. Well done to India although you cannot beat us twice or should I say India won by luck. lol. Nonetheless, HTC for life no matter what
Techno J., 04 Apr 2014I wish South Africa will meet Sri Lanka at the final. Greeting from Sri Lanka.Your wish is not fulfilled. India vs Sri Lanka.... Greetings from India.
The most terrible issue with m7 was the purple tint when taking low light picture. Does the m8 have the same problem?
I'm using HTC One Max as I'm typying watching cricket my country South Africa outplaying India. I'm patiently waiting for M8 to arrive. HTC for life no matter what
k, 04 Apr 2014What is the main difference M7 and M8? Do tell us please.The difference between the 2 are screen size. 5.0 screen instead of 4.7. Micro SD card slot for expandable memory up to 128. M7 did not have this. Slight faster phone also. Dual camera on the back and dual led flash as well. Previous model did not have either of those. The m8 to the m7 is like the Galaxy s4 to the Galaxy s3. Slight improvements to make the phone better but overall not a completely different from the earlier one.
its a fantastic gadget. the one best manufacturer i had ever seen in mobile makers with high quality. best phone. how can the thought of a remote control comparision. probably cammented by other manufacturing competetors. i have been using htc since 8 years. i was pride all the time when discussions araised between friend and remained top
Anonymous, 04 Apr 2014I hate htc phones because it looks like remote controller and too where i live people regard b... moreLooks like remote control? Lol! That's the most absurd comment i've ever read. Even my old HTC HD2 looks great, how much more with the new HTC phones? Be realistic in making comments next time or else, people who read it will think you are simply not able to buy that's why you are sour-graping :)