I can only said that really the m8 is the best phone ever
Sold my note 3 and get htc m8 yesterday waaay better then any samsung that i had used before
Thanx htc :D
The camera is so much better than m7 and enough for me
Other thing is first class
thatguy, 05 Apr 2014you do know that any decent camera lens that is large and 5mp will produce very good pictures,... moreYou are absolutely correct bro. Megapixel amount doesn't reflect the quality of a photo. It's refer the resolution of a photo. Most people don't understand this. The quality of a camera depend on lens quality, image sensor or aperture size. Most people believe that higher megapixel cameras always give better quality photos than a lower megapixel camera. HTC don't concern about mp amount, they don't fool people by showing higher megapixels. All they focus on superiority of their cameras.
I'm currently using HTC M7. I have compared M7 camera with many high-end phones such as Galaxy s4, Lumia 925 and Xperia Z1. M7 can definitely beat S4 and Lumia 925. Some time it's even better than even Z1.
I hope that M8 camera will be even better.
phone got much more smooth and better user experience than before, but why HTC still not making phone without damage always first shipment phoe shell have dent , i was wonder what the standed for their Q.C i have an Rogers one its not look like brand new its look like used one . Why
no support for keypad 3g video call
Samsung s5 support for keypad 3g video call
Samsung s5 is a greet, support for 3g video call
Tw, 05 Apr 2014Really surprising for a mobile phone maker such as HTC trying to beat the market with their fl... moreyou do know that any decent camera lens that is large and 5mp will produce very good pictures,having a 13-16mp camera phone is a selling technique to make a phone sound awesome.
the lens size and how much light it lets in will determine how little noise in the picture is produced which then gives a cleaner looking picture,plus the camera cpu chip.
iphone 5s 8mp camera has a much better lens size and imaging chip than the 13mp-20mp of the z1,
AnonD-251251, 05 Apr 2014Not looking impressive, waiting for Galaxy S5.Wait for iphone 6.. S5 look is not good...
keke, 04 Apr 2014We have lost my brother, it's one of those days when you try so hard but things don't go your ... moreKeke, do you know how I can get a new Nexus 7 tab (2013 edition) here in South Africa? Nothing at Vodacom or mtn.
Really surprising for a mobile phone maker such as HTC trying to beat the market with their flagship mobile phone the HTC One M8 and yet coming up with a 4 MP (They call it Ultra pixel) camera. Who are you trying to compete with? Samsung, Sony, Apple, LG OR Nokia? Non of them makes a 4 MP camera. Yes, I talk about the camera because one of the reasons most smart phone users make their buy decision is on camera quality, number of MP may not necessarily determine the quality of the picture, but come on 4MP is a shame in 2014!
I was so much into getting the M8, but now I think I'd rather wait for apple to announce its iphone 6 with breakthrough features and definitely the best picture quality of its camera.
This phone has an awesome design and a very fluid onscreen layout. I upgraded to the M8 from the HTC One and it was a great decision. Well worth the value, just put a case on it.
Loudspeaker..if sony z2 rated 99.70% loudness of its speaker the htc one M8 is rated 100% loudness..although its not a big difrenz..and to tink that Z1 is a water proof/water resistant smartfone.
Sindroid, 04 Apr 20145 things that really sucks with M8 and made me not buy it. (Note: Im a former M7 user)
1. T... moreSome of your issues can't be considered as seriously. I know every buyer expect a good camera from a high-end phone. I'm currently using a HTC One M7. I can satisfy with the performance of the camera. Some of my friends who using S4 are saying it's camera is good only in the day light. But it's horrible in the indoor and low light conditions. Then I compared the picture quality with Xperia Z1. I found both these cameras don't have any noticeable different. They both perform equally. Then I would like to talk about the pink tint. I had the same problem as soon as I bought the M7. After a firmware update the pink tint issue is completely gone. I know that HTC could have increase the ultrapixel amount at least 5 UP or 6 UP. However, Specs doesn't matter if the real life performances are good.
I think you must don't know that M8 has a feature called motion gestures. You really don't need to press the power button to wake up the screen. Just swipe on the screen (when the display off) much more enough to wake up the screen. So, again the power button placement is not really a big issue.
Indeed, every high-end phone is quite expensive when they are introducing newly. For an example, I bought my M7 for 85 000 LKR ($650). But now it's just 65 000 LKR ($500).
Generally, I believe M8 is a great phone when compared to Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2. There are lots of changes in new M8 while S5 and Z2 almost same as the previous version.
hey guys im useing htc one m8 its a fantastic phone about the camera its far better then the htc one m7 and its got 5up front camera which is an amazing also an i hope this will be the best andriod phone of 2014 none of the company can beat htc one m8 ..
Sindroid, 04 Apr 20145 things that really sucks with M8 and made me not buy it. (Note: Im a former M7 user) 1. T... moreI understand your comment.but what i hate most is bottom useless black line,it make phone screen look shapeless,blackberry make thesame mistake on z30 i love samsung,LG and sony edge to edge screen size no bottom black line.htc should change from upixel to mpixel. 13mp is ok i love good camera phones+dual speakers
keke, 04 Apr 2014I'm using HTC One Max as I'm typying watching cricket my country South Africa outplaying Indi... moreAre you sure you will like m8 than one max? Changing one max for m8 is not good idea. What do you think?
5 things that really sucks with M8 and made me not buy it. (Note: Im a former M7 user)
1. The camera obviously. The 4 UP gimmick did do much success, and the purple tint was dreadful. What is the point with a camera that is suppose to take good low light photos when it has purple tint. HTC should have roamed forums and seen the opinions about the camera and in the end, DROPPED the 4UP rubbish a stuck a proper 12mp camera in the M8.
2. The Price. It costs the same as an iPhone. You would be a fool to buy it now. The M7 was also a costy thing but dropped HARD in price after short time. Want it? Wait for price drop.
3. Screen utilisation. I bought a secondhand LG G2, and i LOVE how they stretched the screen out to the edge and had a narrow bezel as possible. HTC still has a lot to go and learn from Samsung and LG. I mean, come on. It´s an aluminium casing and is sturdy as hell and don't need bezels. And the bottom part with the HTC logo is absolutely useless since M8 has on-screen capacitive button now. Is just a black line of NOTHING..
4. The Power button is still on top. On the M7 it was there too on the left side. Fair enough, but HTC has done the pointless move to keep it on top, and worse, moved it to the RIGHT SIDE of the phone, making it more harder to reach and access unless you have rubber fingers. Again, Z1 and G2 wins. Put it on the side man come on.
5. Boom sound speakers. This is more of a personal issue and i guess i will get pawned by it. In my honest opinion, the speakers on a phone is low priority. I rarely use them. Because me, and people mostly have their Beats connected to it most time. And as i already mentioned, i rarely use them, but the bottom speaker still managed to go defunct. I would rather have a fantastic camera if they could be scarified.
It´s a shame HTC has sunk so low. They try hard but they fail. They seem not to listen to their consumers which is a bad thing. It´s a shame because HTC is the only company that make phones built like a tank. And i liked that.