Hey guys can anyone confirm about reception issues with one s, is this hardware or software related.
Also has anyone experienced chipping/flaking off problems with the grey ONE S.
Heard that signal problem is software related well if it is then WTH is HTC doing about it.
insight, 15 Sep 2012Just got the htc one s in black color and It really impresseme due to its slimmer than one x. But its color will rub off soon dude :) be careful!
Kruskal, 15 Sep 2012hey friends.. i was wondering if i could get a T Mobile unlocked phone from UK in India...wil... moreI'm having unlocked Orange htc one s and having no problem. Yes the Asian version having old chipset the Qualcomm S3 with 1.7 CPU clock that's based on ARM A9 architecture where as international version having Qualcomm's S4 that is based on ARM A15 architecture.
i was wondering if i could get a T Mobile unlocked phone from UK in India...will there be any problem?
is there any difference in the international version?
Just got the htc one s in black color and It really impresseme due to its slimmer than one x.
Pratik , 12 Sep 2012Hello all,
I read a lot of comments about this phone & here are my doubts:
1. People s... more@Pratik...
no there wont be any problem as i Got my one S from US to India works like a charm here.... PS its cheaper there too !!
Any one got the ICS 4.04 update for One S? if Yes.
What is your region?
Why did I choose this over the X
1) go and put a One X in your hand and make a call on it and you realise that it just too big
2) I have a friend with one and the performance in everyday tasks is not noticeable between the two
Recall, 08 Sep 2012Yes ceramic black one slightly started to wear off after some time. I think something to do wi... moreso what's the point of buying it while you know it looks pretty bad after one month ? what do you recommend ?
HOME SCREEN BUTTON ISSUE!
In many ways this phone is excellent, but it has a huge design flaw and becomes almost useless in areas with poor reception.
No point describing it in detail here, just google 'home screen button issue'. There are hundreds of people reporting the problem and receiving precisely zero support from HTC.
Obviously not every handset seems to be affected, but I have had two that were (replaced the first one), and the spreadsheet listing those affected is growing daily. Worse, the problem seems to take a few weeks to develop (so you will be outside your cooling-off period and will not be able to return it), then becomes increasingly bad after that.
Seriously, think twice before buying this phone. If I knew what I know now I would not even consider it. I certainly will never buy an HTC again.
This phone would be great except for the home button problem which can make it unusable. You don't get an sd slot, so what. You can't remove the battery, again really not an issue. Let's face, iPhones don't have a problem win that, and neither have I having had the htc one s for 6 months now. The phones quick, smooth and sleek. If htc can sort the home button thing out it will be fantastic. Oh, the problem started on my phone after 2 weeks, and I've had a replacement to try and solve it, but still no joy!
Anonymous, 10 Sep 2012Helle, users of HTC One S.Please help me
I want to buy this phone (or a Sensation XE, I dont'... moreAs i have beem uding this for thr last 3 months (ceramic black, krait processor) i can tell you:
1. Extremely nice design. For me is the nicest. At first i thought it will be long, but it is very comfortable and good looking.
2. Very fast OS. I had about 3 jams when the phone restarted by itself or by long pressing power button, but i don't see it a problem.
3. The coating is not perfect at least in my opinion. Is not that fagile but i didn't take any risk and went for a cover
4. Display is nice, but being pentile is a little grainy. For me is not a issue, but because of lack of certain subpixels the contrast is not as great (at least for writing that appears on the screen). Movies or games runs perfectly and can be seen in best condition. There are some new games that are not adapted yet but wiol be soon.
5. Battery life is good. Normal use can take to one day and 6-7 hours/charge, but the internet drains more quickly the battery than talking, mail or sms.
Personally i am happy with this phone and if things stays like this or i will avoid droping it down i will keep it for next 2 years. Perfect combination of looks, dimensions and performance.
I read a lot of comments about this phone & here are my doubts:
1. People say the color comes out & the back is easily scratched easily. Is it true? If yes, for both colors?
2. If problem #1 is present, I will not buy this phone.
3. If Not, can I get an unlocked phone from USA to India. Will there by any problem?
Thanks in advance guys.
Generally a nice device, but be aware that many times many users, including myself, are experiencing a SERIOUS ISSUE whenever carrier signal is weak: The capacitive Home Touch Button then tends to press itself. When in an app or on the home screen with or without the finger near the home button it seems to spaz out as if the home button gets pressed in quick time succession.
Basically, you then completely loose control over your phone. Just google "HTC one S touch home button issue" and you'll see plenty of posts and videos about it.
This issue has been reported to HTC by many users for several months now, but no patch or update has been released now as to address the problem. So keep this in mind if you want to purchase this device... You have been warned.
HTC, please take position and FIX THIS ISSUE! Thank you...
Other issues on this phone (personal experience):
- HTC Task widget duplicates tasks by itself, up to X times
- Connectivity issues, phone suddenly switches between 3G and HSPDA permanently, resulting in extremely slow data connection
- Sync issues with contacts (ICS issue)
Reported issues: Black metal coating chipping off on black edition
aurel, 26 Jun 2012i bought the s4 version from vodafone germany, but i live in romania. actually,it's blazing fa... moreHy Aurel,
I am also from Romania (Bistrita) and I am interested in this phone (htc One S). Did you have any roblems with it (excepting the fact the the phone slepped from your pocket).
Is it a good phone? Woul you buy it again?
Helle, users of HTC One S.Please help me
I want to buy this phone (or a Sensation XE, I dont't know yet). I like One S because is very thin.
Those who have HTC One S please tell me:
1.Is it a good phone? Do you recomen it?
2.Has it ever blocked? If it blocks how can you unblok it because you can not remove the battery?
3.In normal use, with calling 1 hour a day, some messages, internet with 3g about 30 minutes, internet with wireless 1 hour/day, no bluetooth and gps activation, no gaming, does the battery last for 2 days?
4.Has it ever heated? Or restarted for no reason?
5.How is in your hand and in your pocket? Is it BIG? No I have a Samsung Nexus S i9023 and One S is highest. Is that disturbing?
Please tell me if you had any problems of any kind with this phone (even small problems) and please tell me its good parts.
Thank you, all.