e-man, 13 May 2012 go and watch the battery test on gsm arena blog and u'll find htc one x has worse battery lif... moreu mean that 10 hours iz not enough :|? u knw 4.7 inches screen means? with quad core ...u dnt knw anything u guys only spreading misguidens :s
Anonymous, 14 May 2012Guys I've bought this phone over a month ago and i have to tell you, its absolutely brilliant.... moreThanks for taking your time and writing this fantastic review. It does help ppl like me who are unable to decide between this & SG3. The built quality & looks (design) ......are the main reason I'm little hesitant to get sg3.
Despite great review of one x, I've decided to go with sg3. The main reason is.....this time samsung put "Dedicated led notification light" on sg3. This may not be important for other ppl. But for me, this is very imp as I've come from Blackberry family. Also bigger & removable battery. Just like you, I don't care about those synthetic benchmarks. All I need is smooth lag free device. Having said that.....it is still a hard decision for me. I really love looks, built quality of htc one x.....also love htc sense.
The HTC One X is the best phone I have ever owned. It is fast reliable and has top spec graphics and processor. I saw the pictures for it about 2 years ago on a graphics site. It is so light you hardly notice that it is in your pocket. The Camera has replaced my point and shoot camera and the quality of the pictures is first rate.
I just bought this wonderful device and it really packed the desired punch. It just feels right in the hand (and i touched a lot of phones in my day :P), the tegra is amazing, no hiccups whatsoever...i don't care that galaxy s3 is i dunno 5-10% faster or has a bigger battery, this phone is the KING in my mind. I waited on S3 to see what it can do...and it disappointed me, so the next day i bought one x. But don't take my words...go out and test it for yourself and you will be surprised too!
Guys I've bought this phone over a month ago and i have to tell you, its absolutely brilliant. i have absolutely no regrets about it. Let me give you a clear picture about this phone,
1)GREAT screen... absolutely crystal clear and it almost looks like the images are hovering a few inches above the actual screen itself. The viewing angles are so good that you wonder why phones weren't always built like this.
2) Built quality: this is one of the most beautiful phones I've ever put my hands on. I've had an iPhone 4 before this and let me tell you one thing, its as good or in some ways even better !!
3) Speed: this phone is almost stupidly fast, theres never a lag between tasks and ts absolutely responsive to every input you give it. all apps start up very briskly and run amazingly smooth.
4) Camera: I am a photographer and though i'd never use my phones cam to take really important shots, this ones camera is really good. its more than what you can ask for from a Mobile Phone.
5) HTC Sense: i kno a few of you might not like HTC Sense but its my first time and I've absolutely fallen in love with the interface. this is intact my first android phone and i am in love with the freedom this software gives when you compare it to the IOS.
6) very nice sound, the beats enhancement works for me whose a casual music listener, am not looking for the inch perfect audio quality that some people want and it is quite loud too.
there really aren't many cons here but ill try to nitpick and give you a few
1) Low light performance of the camera isn't as good as may the best camera phones out there. the phones a little too big to take landscape pics with one hand.
2) Now many people have been complaining about the battery but for me it comfortably lasts about 24 hours between charges. if i uses it very heavily, it still lasts a minimum of 12 hours. it was bad initially but after a few charge cycles, it stabilized. i really don't think its bad for such a powerful device, i mean , what more do you want than a phone which under heavy usage , still lasts from 8 am to about 10 pm.(though for me it lasts much more than that coz i don't use it so heavily every single day)
3) the phone doesn't have a proper screen guard available coz the glass curves and all the scene guards available don't cover the entire glass area. I haven bothered getting one coz its gorilla glass anyway and doesn't get scratched unless you do something really stupid like put a knife across it.
4) though am happy with the battery's power, it takes a bit long to charge. it takes about 2 hours to fully charge and this might ut of people who look to charge it during the day. i just plug it in at night when i sleep to get around this.
thats about it guys, i was really nitpicking with the cons though. its an absolutely brilliant phone and well worth the money. i know that the SGS-3 is out now and it has better benchmarks and all that but you do have to realize one thing, we buy phones for much more than just some synthetic benchmarks. Plus you will never run an app which might require all the processing power a beast like this has to offer.
Another reason why i would say this is better than the SGS-3 is that, the built is in many ways a generation ahead of the samsung. no offense to samsung fans but, theSGS-3 has a pathetic finish to it with all those silver grills and shiny plastic. this phone by comparison looks like a jewel (I've got the white one). people always asks me about it when i take it out of my pocket. Its an amazing phone guys, i would still recommend this over the Samsung Galaxy s-3. This phone might not have the raw processing power but it will more than make up for it with its looks and built quality. i give a lot of importance to the materials my fingers touch when i use a device and this one just doesn't disappoint. Fantastic Phone !!!!!
Guys, I am fed up waiting for updates to improve battery time. I bought it 700$ white with version 1.19 still out of box. Read month back 1.28, 29 already Ota done in blk grey, with Singtel icons, which cannot be repeated. Htc when will I receive update, its genuine with warranty. Or I am going to sue you. Tell correct state.
Excellent Htc One X i gurantee I phone 5g n samsung s3 all r under HTC One X ..i hv no words to say this an extra ordinary handphone....I wish HTC all the best... but onething is that pls pls try make long lasting battery life than existing....
godi, 13 May 2012very bad mobile dson,t ply any video don,t buy this mobile I think you pressed the wrong button buddy.
HTC one X is the best Smartphone in market. This is the most beautiful phone I touched in my life. One X is a stable phone.
NVidia is the best GPU to run videos :)
AREFiN, 13 May 2012The best handset ever.....The One X. Made up of quality polycarbonate materials. Guys don't go... moreWhen did u cry after using gs3??? Its not even launched... Hw can u say ppl will cry after buying gs3... Are all s2 fans crying after it won best smartphone of the year beating sensation, xperia n iphone???
Such a bad experience buying OneX,,,this phone has many issues,,like...battery life,,,heating problem,,,,I purchsed box pack OneX 7 days before and in 7 days it restarts 3 or 4 times daily.....i think x series is flopped series by HTC ......Sensation XE and XL much better.....
I bought this a few weeks ago, and was initially concerned about battery life (having a non-replaceable battery). Then I remembered that when I had the Nokia N900, I had a spare battery but honestly only used it once a fortnight, if even that.
So I got the One X a few weeks ago, and I don't regret my decision at all. As far as battery life goes, it's lasting me all day and alerts for a recharge about midnight. My typical daily usage is: 2 email accounts syncing every 4 hours, weather updating 3 hours, a total of about 1-2hrs calls, several SMS (including what's app, viber), intermittent web browsing (10-15 minutes here and there), music playback 30mins. I find that when I'm ready for bed at about 10pm, it still has about 30% battery left, so often just play on the phone til I go to sleep.
Sure, it would be great if the battery didn't need daily charge, but I don't think those days are near considering that screens are getting bigger and brighter, and we're doing more and more with our phones.
godi, 13 May 2012very bad mobile dson,t ply any video don,t buy this mobile To the previous poster...you are talking rubbish. It plays most types of video.
godi, 13 May 2012very bad mobile dson,t ply any video don,t buy this mobile you shouldn't buy smartphone.
Fan of HTC, 12 May 2012
Thanks for your reply Liju. Could you tell me what is the standby life of HTC One X? I am re... more go and watch the battery test on gsm arena blog and u'll find htc one x has worse battery life then sgs3
This phone is nice and all, but once I had my hands-on it, I noticed there is very few improvements from the sensation xe ICS. A bit better screen and a tiny bit smoother handling. Things like design and materials are even worse. But its still better than galaxy s3..