LupusMonk, 10 May 2011Looks like a great phone....too bad Vodafone keeps extending the release date....first it was ... moreNo. see my comments below re 3G video call. Better to have a feature and not need it than need it and not have it. In my sorry very opinionated way, I remember my 1st 3G call and almost being distracted by my own image PIP picture in picture. Sorry your choice
Looks like a great phone....too bad Vodafone keeps extending the release date....first it was week 19....then week 21.....now the customer service are giving me the advise to pick a different phone because it will take a while before they will actually get it.......
Should I go for the Desire S or the Arc instead?
If design is no. 1 for you, Sensation is the phone for you. Sensation (and HTC, for that matter) makes the BEST HARDWARE for smartphones, hands down.
Look at this:
1) Sensation has the good "sense" to put qHD and not WVGA, since qHD is the perfect resolution for media. Iphone is using a similar resolution, they call retina display.
2) Sensation uses DUAL LEDs, whereas the dumbos like Samsung (still emulating the beleaguered iphone 4) insist on single LED. Actually, you really NEED dual LEDs for night photos, and on a screen this HUGE, a single tiny LED is a joke.. a bad joke.
3) Sensation placed the dual LEDs on the left side, not right side (like Samsung Galaxy S2 did) of the camera. Whats this good for? A LOT. When you put the phone on its side to take a shot, the LEDs will end up on TOP (not UNDER) the camera, so your shots wont look over-exposed or under-lighted.
4) Sensation has its very own Locations -- which is more dependable than Google maps, since you can navigate OFF-LINE and calculate routes without using data!! previously, only OVI Maps has that. But since Nokia went over the hill with Symbian and WP7, buying Nokia just for the free maps is a losing proposition. Now that HTC has similar offline maps, I'd go for HTC.
5) Last but not least, Sensation includes "stereo sound recording" along with 1080p video. Wow. Why didnt anybody figure that one out EARLIER? Everybody is pumping up resolution, but not sound.. I guess they are not truly aficionados when it comes to videos.
If Sensation will price itself LOWER than SGS 2, then HTC may have another winner on their hands for 2011 !!!
AnonD-8026, 09 May 2011too late HTC... SGS2 is better thinner, and it's here no need to wait, as for the looks arc is... moreI Iphone 5? thats for snobs who have no sense of form over function ,to this day everything good out does an Iphone, even the old Nokia 5800 made Iphone 3gs look dumb
AnonD-8026, 09 May 2011too late HTC... SGS2 is better thinner, and it's here no need to wait, as for the looks arc is... moreAt present the SGSII appears out in however this may be a marginal lead the weight of the S will take time to get use to. The HSDPA do not matter as no networks are Xmitting at those speeds, in the hand there may be little to choose between the SGSII & S except for on board storage. The ARC loses out as it has no video call facilty which is increasingly being used by students. As it included in data charges there is no way to separate & count this in the same way sms or call lenght. Students are more aware of the limitations of Apples 'facetime' in that is closed ie only iphone-2-iphone & wifi, so you cannot make a 3G call if one of the handset is an iphone. If the I5 is fully 3G who knows. SGSII S head 2 head for 1st & 2nd, the I5 may come out 4th simply because it price may be excessive for the features offered.
HTC had a booth outside a shopping mall here glasgow "Scotland" This phone is nice. A tad too big for my licking but very very nice indeed. Sense has matured get ready to blown away.
too late HTC... SGS2 is better thinner, and it's here no need to wait, as for the looks arc is the best looking... so that leaves HTC in number 4 whyyy coz number 3 will be for Iphone 5 :-)
arun, 09 May 2011my dear it would be insolence for htc sensation to compare it with arc, it is better than sony... moreMay be you are right but SGS 2 doesnt look bad in any way ...
my dear it would be insolence for htc sensation to compare it with arc, it is better than sony ericsson arc and samsung galaxy s2.
Anonymous, 08 May 2011which one is better sony ericsson arc or this :-) i think sony ericsson arc :-)HTC is much better
which one is better sony ericsson arc or this :-) i think sony ericsson arc :-)
AnonD-7813, 07 May 2011That or by one sim free that way you dont have to wait for the other networks to pick it up, p... moreHi liam, I am not disagreeing with U but I have seen lower prices I can't get on MY laptop to check (mobile and list SLOW) when these R available. Hopefully as at present this now is in direct competition with samsung galaxy s2 this could drive down the price of both which R both in my opinion way 2 high. This SHOULD be the case in an open market, but the price could remain at these artificial high prices if the iphone5 is persued by 'fans' who will pay ever increasing amounts ie IP5 is £X, £550ish is not 2 high when compared 2 the iphone5 so price stays.
Anonymous, 07 May 2011It's gonna be a vodafone exclusive for a month or so first! If you wanna be the first to own o... moreThat or by one sim free that way you dont have to wait for the other networks to pick it up, plus you dont get the network bloatware on the phones, superetraders has it sim free at £549 when its released
For those who want to have an insight of what the Sense UI is capable of doing and why people are crazy after this
I like it verry much with these specs. Hopefully it will appear soon in Viet Nam!