Case using: Capdase Smart Pocket (the black and red accent is just perfecto for the beats... and the notification window is great too!)
- Decided not to put screen protector because of the almost indestructible gorilla glass display ---but the fingerprints are annoying so I might get an anti fingerprint one.
- beyond excellent sound quality ---on both XE and iPod
- The wire from the 3.5mm jack to the mic/ play,ff,rw buttons are thick (similar to Apple stock ear pieces).
- The wires from the mic to the ear pieces are so thin that I'm almost afraid to make unusual movements or twists... feels like a thread.
- Built is solid and good. Feels like an expensive phone compared to GS2 lol :D
- Easier to hold and operate with one hand compare to GS2. Both share 4.3 diagonal inches but the XE is slightly taller whereas the GS2 is wider which makes it harder to hold and operate with a single hand.
- The rubber material at the back seems to be prone to scratches and not easy to clean up... also I foresee wear and tear very very soon on that part (mdaling magmumukhang luma)
- Not sure if it's just my unit, but the audio for calls on the earpiece is not that loud as S2 or Arc, very low on some occasions.
- Sense UI - hands down the best! (GS2 only edges in terms of the ability to resize widgets). Unlocking from the lockscreen is 100,000 times better than GS!
- The keyboard
- spacebar is too small
- hitting the spacebar will oftentimes result you accidentally hitting the back capacitive key hence the keyboard disappears.
- long press option for special characters - cool!
- I don't know... seems to be at par with my GS2 though GS2 seems to be able to focus much faster
- VGA front facing camera :( -GS2 wins with 2MP
- Deathgrip issues -I just tried a few secons ago - held the top part, wifi signal drops 1 bar but then went full again after a second (same with the bottom part on the network signal)
- The speaker volume, on notifications and ringtones are lower than what GS2 has to offer
- Vibrate seems to be a step lower too.
- Battery, lasted almost 24 hours with wifi on most of the time, txt messages, calls
- Beats audio... sounds good with the sample music on the device, but when I loaded my mp3s - mostly downloaded from youtube, iPod offers better sound and quality.
- Con: screen doesn't light up when notifications kick in ie new text message.
- Contacts - no option to tap a letter to jump quickly to a contact, have to scroll all the way down if I'm calling my friend Zeli
- Messages - weird - txt messages come in registering a later time ie 1:15, upon responding my message will reflect the real time ie 1:00 so the order of the message will be funny with my response coming on top first.
- 2.3.4 and news is ICS very soon... the one thing I hate about Samsung is the fact that they made 2.3.5 available in the UK but not here... what the...??
- Con: HTC sync application not available for Mac, ok so Kies is but you can't upgrade the software ---what's the f***ing use?
- Con: No internal memory, entirely SD Card dependent
- Con (for me): When replacing the battery, the back case is a uni piece extending to the front (earpiece/ front cam area)that wen you remove it the internals would show.
- Con: No one touch silent/ vibra mode.
- Somehow I loved the location for the power/ sleep button on the GS2
So far everything has been working perfectly, but I'll update as soon as I see any issues. But so far I'm loving this baby, a long term phone indeed. But then again, preferences vary depending on your lifestyle, opinion, and whatever else. Yeah I was the one who sold a GS2 after 2 weeks for this baby, and so far I think it was the right choice...
fly, 26 Nov 2011Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this phone is better than the HTC Amaze 4G?You do realise that you can only get this phone is GSM countries like those in europe whereas Amaze 4G is USA only?
anyway advantages of Amaze are
-16GB internal storage vs 4GB on sensation XE
-better camera on Amaze (illuminated sensor and wide aperture lens (f/2.2) for better low light performance) and 2MP front camera vs VGA on XE
-256mb more ram
apart from that Sensation XE looks tons better imo, has Beats audio and premium Beats headphones; and has a better battery
...out of the 2 I would buy the sensation XE even though the Amaze has slightly better specs.
juliet, 26 Nov 2011does it have camera at the back...yes it has an 8mp camera with 1080p HD recording on the back and a VGA camera on the front
This phone doesn't have Wi-Fi Direct... can this be counted as disadvantage ?
Is Wi-Fi Direct useful?
is there white version for this phone?just found this phone at mall this morning white in color.just curious whether it's true or not...
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if this phone is better than the HTC Amaze 4G?
FF, 26 Nov 2011Dear Sensation XE users, I want to just ask below questions: 1- does it has swype function o... moreTouchpal is highly and far better then Swype ..although yes any time time yu can install this tiny applications ....talking about battery timing its same like other big screens & smartphone but as it been said by me and many other users it can be improved by using anker battery. . Last thing yeah sound through beats headset is simply great and best so far comparing with any other music phone. .without thinking too much you can buy this phone.. .. ..!
Dear Sensation XE users,
I want to just ask below questions:
1- does it has swype function or is there software available to install it on sensation?
2-hows battery timing.
3-hows music through beats head set?
Per HTC Customer Service, XE is carrying a gorilla glass display, so don't bother with a screen protector unless you ind the fingerprints and oil.
08:25:37 [Sammy] :
Hi, this is Sammy, what can I do for you?
08:25:58 [Marcus Tee] :
Just want to ask if the sensation xe has a gorilla glass display
08:26:13 [Sammy] :
Could you please hold on for a while? I will check it for you. Mr. Marcus Tee
08:26:36 [Marcus Tee] :
08:28:00 [Sammy] :
Thanks for waiting online, Mr Marcus Tee
08:28:15 [Marcus Tee] :
08:28:16 [Sammy] :
Our HTC sensation XE does have a gorilla glass display
08:28:33 [Marcus Tee] :
jo, 25 Nov 2011linking your contacts to your email and facebook acct, etc, drains battery fast. How do u mean? Why?
linking your contacts to your email and facebook acct, etc, drains battery fast.
Why does htc not believe in having an FM transmitter on their devices? a major disappointment for me. the Xe is the best by far and it's still not available via voda directly (is via all the other channels) and is far better than the XL (who is htc tryin to fool?)
Come on HTC..everything else is on this device except one of the most important ones...FM TRANSMITTER!!!
i got xe and its looks fine its just when u play games its easy to get heat, but everythings good i love the camera tho