George, 11 Jan 2010I have the handset for a while and for those interested in buying it I must stress the followi... moreThanks george for the infor. I have more confident in getting this phone real soon...By the way for the poor audio quality, is it really bad consistently? or it's just slightly blur at sometimes?
I have the handset for a while and for those interested in buying it I must stress the following:
1) win mob 6.5 runs great on it and it provides the possibility of installing loads of great applications
2) very fast phone, never freeze once, movies run great on it (only slight delay when the phone is in no-signal area)
3) 3.5mm jack give the possibility to switch to more performing headphones
4) active sync is grate when connecting to a pc (it also works like a card reader for the sd card unlike other handset where you have to remove the card every time you want to add something on it, sync outlook mails, etc.)
5) don't worry if you come across slight set-backs for running applications after buying the phone (i.e doesn’t play .avi), it works if you install a codec or core player (its free); basically it can do almost everything if you find the right add-on application
6) Touch Flo interface makes it user friendly and easy to use (in other words, you get the hang of it very fast)
7) It supports high capacity sd cards, (don't know the limit but mine worked with 32 gb)
8) Sound quality when playing mp3s is oki (decent), for better sound you can switch to a better headset
9) Battery life is more than decent. I recharged after 4,5 days when using it not very often. With normal daily usage (30 – 50min calls, 30 min on the internet and music / day) it can go to 3 days.
10) At app €280 (in my country) it has good price/quality and has even more features than most of the handsets with similar or even higher price tags. Also seems quite reliable
1) rather small screen at 2.8 inches, but you get used to it. the 65k colour also doesn’t bother your eyes although 16M would have been better
2) Rather poor camera with no flash. Pictures and videos are ok but only when light is sufficient
3) rather poor audio quality when making a call. Also I don't recommend to put the call on speaker (it’s terrible). On the other hand, the hands free sounds a little better
4) few bugs or issues that seem to bother you at the beginning (i.e weather updated is not always accurate, the mail application only lets you access recent mails, alarm does not repeat, touch screen does not respond promptly sometimes and you need to press the screen again, etc..)
5) No hand writing recognition
6) GPS does not pinpoint your accurate location (still, I don't think that this is a phone issue, rather a software problem, I will retry GPS with IGO 08 and come back on this one)
Hope my info is helpfull, Overall I recommend the phone and I do not regret buying it.
Mohammed, 09 Jan 2010I am facing the same problem with the alarm, it doesnt repeat, i also tried checking the box i... morei have the magic n the alarm doesn't repeat too :' (
i dont know y but u can get some alarm app
Anonymous, 06 Dec 2009I have a HTC Touch2 and the only problem I have is with the alarm setting. I am not able to ge... moreI am facing the same problem with the alarm, it doesnt repeat, i also tried checking the box in the settings to repeat but nothing happened, did u find out how to overcome this problem, coz it makes no sense that they make the alarm in such a way?
Could anyone please let me know how to make the Youtube clip play on my HTC Touch 2. It was working couple days ago and I don't what did to the setting and now it only can view the Youtube main page. I can not get Youtube program play the clip. My phone connected to Wi-Fi and other web sites and Google working fine. Thanks for your help.
Peter, 07 Jan 2010HTC needs to look at their display colours. We are in the era of 16M colours and HTC still at 65K.65k of active colours...16m colour phones got the same - 65k of active colours
HTC needs to look at their display colours. We are in the era of 16M colours and HTC still at 65K.
Anonymous, 02 Jan 2010can i know does HTC Touch 2 support up 8GB mini sd card? Or only up to 4GB?8 GB
merme, 05 Jan 2010i, personally, recommend this phone because it has a nice cpu 528mhz and windows mobile 6.5 an... moreThank you! i just wanna ask u and everyone here who own this phone,about the chrome part around the phone! is it plastic or metal? does it get scrached easy and does it pell off? sorry for my bad english,hope u understand!
Touch, 04 Jan 2010Guys please help me! Should i buy this phone or tmobile pulse? Wich one is better? Thanksi, personally, recommend this phone because it has a nice cpu 528mhz and windows mobile 6.5 and that provides you a lot of application support and troubleshooting forums
Guys please help me! Should i buy this phone or tmobile pulse? Wich one is better? Thanks
Read alot of reviews here, is the battery life really that short?? can it last at least 3 days after each charge? Does the phone hang/freeze? Although the camera doesn't come with a flash, can it still take a picture of not too bad quality?
Anonymous, 02 Jan 2010can i know does HTC Touch 2 support up 8GB mini sd card? Or only up to 4GB?It supports upto 32GB.
can i know does HTC Touch 2 support up 8GB mini sd card?
Or only up to 4GB?
Max, i think HTC Diamond 2 is better since it offers more versatility in terms of its user interface. e.g. Accelerometer for landscape messaging etc. HTC Touch lacks in this. However, HTC Touch 2 offers 3.5mm audio jack but HTC Diamond 2 doesn''t. It all depends on what kind of experience u r seeking.
i have this phone for 1 week and iam very happy.It is very fast and easy to use.I think i made a wise choise.
guys i need some feedback? which do you guys think is better? htc touch 2 or htc diamond 2? on the features and overall?
I have purchased this handset a couple of weeks ago and util today I must say that I got more than I was expecting from Touch2. It moves very fast with the new WinMob (it is the fastes WinMob touchscreen I have seen yet). To all interested in buying it I recommend it. PS it has FM radio two