It`s a good phone I think,,, but i have a question: which one is better? HTC touch diamond or Samsung i900??!
I bough this Touch Diamond phone-pda a couple of days ago, I was looking for a good phone to get rid of my SGH-D900 and since I have also an HTC TytN, which is a great device as PDA, (but too big to use it daily as phone) I thought the Touch Diamond could have been the right choice.
I WAS WRONG
This nice toy is not up to the TyTN when used as PDA and is not up to the Samsung SGH-D900 when used as phone, but the main odd about the Touch Diamond is the battery life, which is the worse I have found since my first Motorola MicroTac in 1991.
And I am not running out of battery due to extended use of GPS or Camera, I am talking about using the device as a phone, with a 10 minutes internet surfing per day and after the internet session I always disconnet the browser from the net.
Generally talking, I see that the batteries are not up to the features available on today's 3G's phones, at least the slim ones.
However if you are looking for a phone which would really impress your friends at Friday's, it's a great choice, but for business use... stay away from it.
DXB, 15 Jun 2008Hello all
I asked Question before. when will HTC release arabic version ( Sending/Recievi... morehi the answer of your question
its already there with sending and recieving arabic sms in dubai and sudi arabia and the full arabic version will be delayed for a while
I asked Question before. when will HTC release arabic version ( Sending/Recieving SMS only)
plz answer me
Jason, 15 Jun 2008Sorry to say, but I am not impressed by this phone. It looks very nice and is not really big. ... morethe phone is got good mp3 quality.i own iphone with a large screen but am fed up of the bogus phone.diamond is stylish and beautiful and stand out.i dont think samsung is a better choice 4 me
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2008Jason if u want to buy samsung then buy it and stop giving useless reviews here,u dont even ha... moreiam totally agree with you daimond is the best i cant wait to have it
less wards you can tell about it (made by HTC)
Jason, 15 Jun 2008I have forgotten one thing to mention: handwriting recognition is not possible in some languag... moreyou think that option will be in samsung(i dont think so) my opinion that
dont gudge a phone unless you try it very will
Jason if u want to buy samsung then buy it and stop giving useless reviews here,u dont even have the diamond.the diamond it magnificent with good mp3
I have forgotten one thing to mention: handwriting recognition is not possible in some languages, so check this if you would like to buy this HTC and prefer to have this option!
Sorry to say, but I am not impressed by this phone. It looks very nice and is not really big. But it is rather slow. Tapping the right icon/button is also not that easy in the beginning, but maybe that will improve in time. Furthermore I think the screen is small and operation could be easier (but that may be a personal thing). What is very keen is the magnetic stylus, simple but effective! I haven't tested the camera, so I cannot say nothing about that. MP3 quality is also not very good. The question is if 4 GB memory will be enough? GPS TOMTOM will take about 1GB already. Some extra programs, videos and music and you will have a lack of memory.
HTC Touch Diamond is a hype! Well done by HCT, etc. But I think I will wait for the Samsung i900. I expect this will be a better choice.
heloo....actually I would like to ask anybody here that already bought HTC Diamond...firstly,can we set MP3 as our message and our call tone...secondly,actually I already tested my friend's TyTn 2 and the speaker quality is not that good...so the question is,did the speaker quality of this Diamond also the same as the Tytn?...thank you everyone..bye
HKBoi2002, 15 Jun 2008Swipe your finger up and down to move to next photo on main screen, if you enlarged a picture ... morei must edmit that you are very nice helpfull guy you helped me alot thank you very much
one last question
what about the reciotion (incoming \outgoing)calls and whats your opinion about the battery
Anonymous, 13 Jun 2008Hi HkBoi2002
Since you had this phoen longer than me. Can you tell me how to use the Touch s... moreSwipe your finger up and down to move to next photo on main screen, if you enlarged a picture or go into a album then you need to swipe left and right to change to next picture. If you zoomed in on a picture, use the d pad to move as you are zoomed in using the touch sensative circle.
I havn't use the favorite contact very much. I rely mostly my sim for the contact. I find the A-Z option Very useful in locating the people I'm looking for in contact, just hold your finger on the screen and slide down without releasing preesure, you will start see A-> B ->C etc.. as you swipe pass and you can land it where the name of your persona first name starts with.
I personally don't do alot of texting on the phone. I don't have the texting plan so it cost me alot. However I do e-mail ALOT and i type using 2 things, the styls on a full computer keyboard setting is very good when in short lenght e-mail. and I use the half QWERT to type a long one. If you have a big finger though, you might have trouble with ANY touch screen phone.
Hey guys, sorry for not replying faster, I didn't know so many people have posted since I last did. Keep in mind I'm just an average guy who bought this phone and is trying to help answer some question for some curious fellas out there and those who are considering getting it! (So if my point of view on this phone is wrong, please don't blame =) )
Here are some quick answers for people who have asked me questions:
1. I live in the USA, I bought my phone on Ebay for $706 (includes shipping $25) the Diamond came from Hong Kong by Fex Ex next day priority air, so I got mine the next day!! The ebayer I bought from had a customer service person in Washington State when I called. I know because I recongnized the phone area code.
2. Sound Quality: Although I'm by no mean a professional reviewer on this phone. The speaker on this phone is really not that great, it is good enough for regualar phone conversation, ring tone is loud and virbate the same time. But if you really want to enjoy your music, and watch movie like I do. Then your solution is the headset that comes with the device! That head set makes the music and movie sound SOOOO much better. the Diamond also had a "Audio Booster" option where you can mess with the sound quality with pre-programed configuration or you can customermize your own setting. My personal point of view is that with the head set, the sound is Very Good, without it, not so good.
3. Build In GPS Reciever- No the phone does not come preinstalled with Tom Tom or Google Map. However I downloaded the Google map for free and right now it has been working fine for me so far. It shows live traffic (red yellow & Green), gives you real time location tracking of where you are even as I walk around my office, the gps detected that as well. I'm currently using the T-mobile unlimited internet plan which gives me access to Edge connection. It is decently fast at uploading google map (4-8sec) depend on what you need to see. You have the options of the following with goodgle map:
-My Location (locates where you are)
-Direction (give you direction to the address you enter)
-Satellite view of the map
-Real Time GPS Tracking
-Favorite (Saving locations)
4. Battery Removal: It is very easy, just slide the back Plastic cover off and out goes the battery. You might have some trouble getting the cover off if you had oily hand becuase the phone is very compact and it have a VERY smooth surface.
5. The phone is made of mostly plastic. The frame of the phone is made of real metal painted black. The touch screen is made of glass (comes with a screen protector in the factory package) it fits very well.
Over all I'm still happy with my purchase, I havn't experience any freezing on my part, but I read that other users have. I guess if you read my last review earlier last week, keeping only 2-3 applications running at any given momment is what preventing me from hanging =)
Btw, I love the D pad and the touch activate circle in the middle of it. I find it very useful when browsing internet, listerning to movie, watching movie (fast forward or Rewind) and viewing pictures (zoom in/out)
Ok this has been way too long and I apologize for htat. let me know if you have any more questions I will try my best to post my thoughts on it. Great day everyone!
I think that this is better than the nokiatube. HTC are really making its name now. And I think that it is a match for sony ericsson Xperia.
The only problem is that it has a low memory compare to other smart phones and it doesn't have any card slot.
I think HTC will swipe out motorola on the top...
Can you please tell us how to disable the 3G i am in Dubai too.
Thank you in advance.
hello every one....
i want ask is there arabic language in htc diamond in stores in uae...please let me know
Andy, 14 Jun 2008I tested this device in Dubai. The reception is quite poor on this phone and the speaker quali... moredisaple 3g network and you will see the reciption will be the best among any bocket pc