Yak, 07 Sep 2008Ive bought this fone 2 months ago (July2008) and had so much problem using it: 1. No sound ... morego to this website and you'll find tones of upgrades, for free, which will enhance your unit. http://www.xda-developers.com
wg, 06 Sep 2008Does it come with a stylus pen, or do i have to use my fingers all through?yes, the unit comes with a stylus pen. There are two stylus pen, actually. One is a spare in case you lost it.
Dear LIM, you are really professional.
I tried the Message tone, you don’t need even to put it in the windows folder.
Anyway. Thank you very much. You are a real sufficient user.
Ive bought this fone 2 months ago (July2008) and had so much problem using it:
1. No sound when sms received only until you switched the display on.
2. Backlights flickering when its being charged & when the info page is shown.
3. Cannot change backlight settings (i tried changing the backlight settings so it dims after 30 sec but after switching it off and on again, the settings for the backlight will automatically returns back to 5 sec (very annoying))
4. Cant switch on Wi-Fi
5. Cant switch on Bluetooth.
Another thing is that the transitions is very slow compare to my iPhone. And its a problem for mac users like me to sync data from the fone with my mac.
Sent my Diamond back to the shop after two months of using it, luckily it was still under warranty. Im planning to trade the HTC Diamond with Nokia E90.
Unsatisfied User of HTC Diamond!
Does it come with a stylus pen, or do i have to use my fingers all through?
hi. i've been thinking about buying this phone for quite a long time but i heard that typing msg with this phone is difficult, and when u dig deep into the menu bar like searching tools, u can easily miss out the thing u wrong becoz of ur finger position. is tht really true? and another questions is that which phone with wifi would u guys recommend? thx heaps
yao, 04 Sep 2008how to set our own song as message tone?? and where can i find the theme for this fon?? sumbod... moremsj tone must use the wave file...u need to convert the song to the wave file n just simply paste it at the "window" folder at your "file maneger".the you can choose the song at the "sound and notification" in setting .
Nikosss, 05 Sep 2008Hi! My question for those who own this phone is : is it normal for the phone to get hot when c... moreYes, it does get quite warm especially when you do more then the usual browsing of the 3D-FLo interface, like wi-fi, receiving calls, internet, etc, those that require more loading from the RAM. There's no way to stop the heat but just to avoid palm/finger contact when it gets annoying hot at the bottom part.
The battery is to blame cause the more applications you work on, the more the tiny battery has to content with. It is a 900mAH that is chemically producing more energy to support the demands of heavier applications. In short, it's like a small car with small engine trying to pull a truck that weighs 4times. The engine from the small car will overheat putting great effort to pull the truck. It wouldn't explode, but it will not last long either.
hTC TD has its good side as well as its flaws. In my 3 weeks of using it wth the initial ROM v.1.35. and then upgrading to ROM v.1.93. through hTC-website, it has improve a fraction of it's 3D-Flo performance. That was still a short lived relationship as the battery life and the screen size (though VGA) stop short of what a 3G pda phone ought to be like. It'll do great if it had screens, 3D performance and battery life similar to the likes of the Apple iPhone. Still the battery life gets me, and I sold it off after the 3rd week. I am still very much into gadgets from hTC Corperation and happy to wait on them till they get it all together the way we like it to be.
Hi! My question for those who own this phone is : is it normal for the phone to get hot when charging or when I using it? couse mine is...10X to all!!
Hi! My question for those who own this phone is : is it for the phone to get hot when charging or when I using it? couse mine is...10X to all!!
This is by far the most stupid, annoying phone I have seen in my life. Let's be clear about one thing: the packaging is neat and the mini-usb for power as well as connections is nicely done. And that's where it stops.
I bought this machine becaue I had read the GPS and camera on the 2nd generation Iphone were really crap. I really like making pictures with my camera (I had a decent SE before) and I want a smartphone so I don't need to buy a new navigation system. So the Iphone went and I decided to take the HTC Diamond Touch, which looked nice and small. What a fool I was.
1. I could find no button to access the camera directly. As I said, I love to make pictures, so not having this button is frustrating for me. I don't want to get out my stylus every time I want to do something. Also, the quality of the pictures is so bad it is hardly worth taking one and the camera has no flashlight.
2. I could find no clear way to swith off the volume for the machine immediately. I might have missed it, but there is no simple way to do this.
3. HTC has used a kind of overlay on top of windows mobile 6.1. This overlay repeats some functions in the windows system, purportedly to make them better accessible, and partly replaces others. This overlay is just unworkable. It makes the machine extremely slow and makes the general handling of windows mobile even more complicated, becauwse the central preferences for the functions it says it handles are not connected to those buttons. However, the smart people at HTC have made it necessary to use this layer of junk by adding buttons that are rather handy: pickup the phone, closing a call etc. Obviously, these buttons do not work without the junk. This has caused me irritation to no end. Moreover, on my machine with Dutch localization, all maps with names like 'documents' had been produced in two languages. Obviously, only one map would actually contain the documents, but two were needed to be made for some reason. The same goes for the impossibility to find back pictures, as the machine uses two different folders for 'pictures' and 'images'. Finally, the windows mobile start menu just won't allow me to add more than seven items to my start menu. Why? What is the purpose of limiting your customer in an obnoxious way from something he wants to do?
4. I tried to sync the machine with my windows xp computer. Initially, the machine was not recognized at all, netier as a diskdrive nor as a smartphone. Upon checking on the internet, I found that for other versions of HTC phones, you need to update your active syc software. So that's what I did, although it was not inculded on the cd that came with the machine and the manual doesn't tell you any of this. It worked! Now to the next step: I wanted to use my mac address book on the little thingy, and as outlook does not easily import mac address books, I thought it would be good to make a U-turn via google, updating my google addresses on the run. Downloaded csv file from google, imported it into outlook: all blanks. Not to mention the fact that active sync syncs with outlook only, which is another 3rd party product that I had to buy at great cost and which doesn't do its job properly. Then, it turns out every time I plug in the phone into my windows machine, active sync starts syncing automatically. It loads automatically, runs automatically and it doesn't ask you for the specific settings you want to use for syncing.
5. windows mobile does not sync automatically with my mac. So, I had to find out that there is free software from syncmate which does the trick and I can use oggsync to keep my calendar synced. What syncmate doesn't tell you is that the phone needs a driver too and that in order for the phone to have the drive installed, you need to disable your firewall. By this time, I'm recalling the seemless syncing I experienced between every phone I had without windows mobile and my mac and I start cursing.
6. trying to install route66 map software has given me endless headaches: installation doesn't go automatically under windows and copying doesn't work. In both cases, windows for some reasons reports that it cannot copy directly onto the second disc. then, I decide to do something stupid: I go along with the option provided by Route 66 to format my disc (NAND memory). Stupid idea. 'Can't access disc' is the next step. So, the computer nerd in me cries: I can do it myself, I'll format it! So that's what I do, using windows xp. Thing formats, but doesn't stop the process within two hours. I cancel. Disc has disappeared now and cannot be found under windows. Luckily, I have my trusty mac waiting, which does find the disc and does restore it back to a useable windows partition.
7. the route66 software does copy to my windows machine, but not to my mac. On my windows machine, trying to copy the maps gives an error message like: 'path too long'. Since the copy to my mac failed, I decided to copy the maps from the windows machine onto my mac, then onto the NAND memory. Or just give up and use google maps.
8. After all this, I checked the settings once more. I found out that on my HTC, a little sneaky option had been enabled without any warning. This option means that every time I refuse a call, the phone automatically sends out a text message saying that I am not available right now to the caller. WTF?!?!? Sending text messages without me knowing it or asking for it? I don;t want to send text messages every time I refuse a call, not to mention these things still cost money.
All in all, my experience with HTC, windows mobile and Route 66 until now has been extremely disappointing and as time-consuming as I'm used to with the grossly undertested windows family of products. This is not a machine that you should be selling to people. It is clearly not though through, instead asks for immense levels of technical knowhow on the part of the consumer and even then it is simply not foolproof. I will never, ever in my life buy another HTC product if I can help it. The same goes for windows and Route 66.
yao, 02 Sep 2008does anybody know where can get the theme for this phone??? i cant find it...thx yagoto xda developers.com you will find all you want and u will love the phone
Guys, have you seen the new ROM upgrade for TMN customers What is TMN, is it the arabic ROM ??
how to set our own song as message tone?? and where can i find the theme for this fon?? sumbody please help me to solve my problem..thx
Doesn't worth the money. Very difficult to use, always react very slowly, signal strenght is very low.... just a nice looking gadget, but not much of use.