I live in UAE and when i check for nay updated ROM ont he htc site it says there is none for this Region. in this case can i just use the cooked ROM that you have mentioned with the features of HTC Dimond2. Please advise.
Rico, 17 May 2009are there any websites that you can download good games from? tried www.freewarepocketpc.net ... moredo a google search for (xtrakt) it's very nice "finger on" game made by sony ericsson that works on the HD.
are there any websites that you can download good games from? tried www.freewarepocketpc.net but seems to load back to original page. teeter is great but sometimes you want something more, dare i say it, hands on. any suggestions?
Farshid, 17 May 20091. can we down load the update ROM for Diammond2(HTC site for example) and install it in our H... moreThere is a cooked ROM out to give your HD the new Diamond 2 touchflo 3D. You are going to have to update your phone to the latest HD ROM from the HTC web site first. After use the link below to unlock the phone’s HSPL. And then install the cooked rom. The ROM does have some small bugs but I find it still better than the original touchflo3d made for the HD
(But keep your updated ROM file that you download from HTC encase you want to go back to the original ROM) I went back and forth many times before I decided to stick with the cooked diamond 2 ROM for the HD. The version of the cooked ROM I’m running now is “Duttys V3.3 XT WWE”
Dexter Morgan who chats here uses it as well; he is the one that introduced it to me.
This site has the info you need and the links to the stuff you have to do/download. DON’T FORGET TO UPDATE YOU PHONE TO THE LATEST HD ROM ON THE HTC WEB SITE FIRST.
1. can we down load the update ROM for Diammond2(HTC site for example) and install it in our HTC HD and expect all those new apps on the Diamond2 works fine on our HD ? is it working this way ?
2. Is there any Update ROM for HD which we can update our HD software performance same as those modification which is already lunched in Diamond2?
SNAP, 17 May 2009what kind of connectivity does the stock and weather menu use? is wifi good enough?they use any conection they get, wifi edge gprs 3g and with atctive sync add usb and blue tooth to the list. there is no 3G in my country. and i sent this from the phone using edge
Anonymous, 17 May 2009if u purchase the telstra version u will have 3g in the USwhat kind of connectivity does the stock and weather menu use? is wifi good enough?
How is this phone for use in the United States?
I am planning to buy one but there are no 3G networks that will support this phone.
What is the connectivity used to update the stocks and weather menu? And for the people who already bought this in the United States, how do you go online?
I imagine that it would be quite stressful to find WIFI hotspots all the time so what do you do?
worried, 15 May 2009it says the server cannot be reached, please verify the server nameif you want to know if something was installed on your phone go to settings on the PHONE pick the system tab then pick remove program you will see all that you installed.
worried, 15 May 2009it says the server cannot be reached, please verify the server nameok it sounds like you have settings from other pc on your cell and it's clashing. Or no settings at all. you can only sync with 2 pc's/ profiles max. as yours not working right, I will help you dump all settings and start a new sync profile.
1. don't have the phone connected to your pc in anyway.
2. Open active sync program on the phone and go into "menu" then "options" and delete all the computer profiles you see in there. If you're syncing to your personal pc you don't need to setup the "add server source.
3. Go in connections and check the box for "synchronize all pc's using this connections" and set it to usb.
4. Open windows mobile center on your pc. DO NOT CONNECT THE PHONE. You should see "mobile device settings" click it. If you see "end a partnership" go in and end the partnerships you see.
5. Go in connection settings check "allow usb connection"
"allow automatic device authentication"
"allow data connection on device when connected to pc". Ok it. (you can play with the rest after you get it working)
6. Now connect the phone with the usb cable and connect. Then pick setup or make partnership. I can't remember the exact words. After that you should see it start to sync in the windows mobile center window on your pc.
7. Pick "mobile device settings" again and pick "Change content sync settings" set that up the way you want.
8. If it is syncing good after that, install the .net on your pc. With the phone connected in mobile device center.
raajes parekh, 16 May 2009Am using this phone since 5 days now and the battery life is very low. Thought the website sug... morehow many time have you fully charged and discharged the battery to train the cells? read the pdf version of the book that's on the cd. it has a lot more info in it that a 5day user needs to know. and did you update your rom from the htc site? you talk about I phone. if you had one you would make shore to have all the updates, so do the same here.
Am using this phone since 5 days now and the battery life is very low. Thought the website suggests 6.5 hrs of talk time, it does not work for more than 3 hours. And its sad to know that winmo still has not been able to solve its various problems, wish this phone was as smooth as Iphone.
Anthony, 15 May 2009do you have "Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1" installed on your vista pc?yes i have it installed on my PC. the windows mobile recognizes the device but does not sync with it. i don't know if it has something to do with my connection settings. the phone states....( cannot connect with current connection settings. to change your connection settings, tap settings) i have tried to download .NET with my hd attached to the PC but i don't know how to find out if it is successful. do i need to change my connection settings on my phone?
any one know a hack to change the default picture you see when you get a call from a # not in your contact list?
Farshid, 15 May 2009I want to install some Tweaks on my HTC like:
"HD Tweak 0.5.4_English"
"Advanced_Configurati... morei use tweak hd and it works great.
the .net 3.5 has to be installed on your pc whiles the phone is connected in sync mode.
cab files must be runed from the phone for them to install. zip files must be unzipped before use. this can be done on the phone or pc. and most program will not work till you install .net 3.5