I can not use internet explorer. other brouzer works fine. it says connection is lost. pleae help me.
Can any one please help me how to get the replacement of touch screen as my one got broken. mail me email@example.com
Alexis League, 17 Jun 2009Hi guys! I bought TyTN II today.. actually my last was O2 xda Zinc.. now im looking the softwa... morehi friend my name is dil and i'm from mauritius. i badly need your help. my problem is i have got a mobile htc tytn 2 and i don't have its installation cd, infact it was a gift of second hand.can you make a copy from yours and send me. please help me dear. my email adress is firstname.lastname@example.org and my adress is:-
royal road 9th Mile Triolet.
bornpinoy, 23 Jun 2009got my tytn II the other day, my only problem with this phone is the battery life... too short... morehi friend my name is dil and i'm from mauritius. i badly need your help. my problem is i have got a mobile htc tytn 2 and i don't have its installation cd, infact it was a gift of second hand.can you make a copy from yours and send me. please help me dear. my email adress is email@example.com and my adress is:-
royal road 9th Mile Triolet.
got my tytn II the other day, my only problem with this phone is the battery life... too short! but all in all, best bang for the buck!
olliric, 17 Jun 2009After over one year of use I just wanted to write few lines about my impression of this PDA. ... moreIt sound very annoying,but it does not apply to the one i have.I have both Apple and TYTN II.I prefer HTC,it does peform much better.
After over one year of use I just wanted to write few lines about my impression of this PDA.
I travel a lot and I thought that a PDA could be helpful to keep in touch and do the IT chores while on the go. I was very wrong and I regret having bought the damn thing. The device tries to do many things but none of them well. In retrospective it sounded too good to be true.
At the beginning I did make a point of using it to its best potential but after a while I got so tired and annoyed with it that I have recently used it mostly like just any other phone.
I thought I would give myself some time to get accustomed to the complexity of the device before jumping to conclusions.
Over one year later and I still find it cumbersome and totally user unfriendly. The guys at HTC should go to Apple to get a crush course in making something user friendly and intuitive.
Here are just a few things. The list is way longer but I would have to go back and try most functions to recall all the flaws.
- It's super slow. I am no super fast teenage geek but I am always waiting for the stupid thing to react to any command I give. It is very annoying and it's like stepping back to the time of the 286 PCs. The speed is archaic. For example it takes 4.5 sec to switch from the vertical screen to the horizontal and back.
- The buttons controls are very difficult to feel with the touch and are very cumbersome to operate. Especially the side ones. I am sure that even blind people would have problems using them.
- Windows mobile is as bad as Microsoft gets. It's slow, counter intuitive, user unfriendly. Early Vista at the power of ten!
- Window media player is a joke. I have been using the PDA to listen to music in the car and it's a miracle I have not crashed while trying to select some music yet. To get to the card MP3 files it takes a very contorted and long way.
- The touch screen is also very bad and difficult to use. A lot of the commands are way too small for a man's finger while using one hand. It is very difficult to select something on first attempt with your thumb.
- To open a running program is difficult. One has to press the top right menu and than select what is running by touch only. The bar is about 4 mm high and it's very difficult to select using one hand. One cannot select by using the scroll bar and button.
- During phone calls the screen goes out quickly and to get it back one has to look for the hidden button on the side, very, very bad.
- Voice recognition sucks. Since the controls are so bad I now use the voice recognition most times. It's rare that the damn machine get it right on first attempt. Repeating the name twice helps but not always. I end up having to raise the tone as if I was yelling. It is very embarrassing in public.
- The GPS takes a long time to get the satellites even when the data has been updated.
- Active sync is a disaster. The guy who design it should be shot. I have given up on it altogether. I had to buy small software to access the data in the PDA and memory card.
Active sync could just not do the most elementary operation in a simple and straightforward way. You simply cannot plug into a computer and access the PDA like a USB stick. You have to buy a program for that. Isnít that a joke?
- The booting upon starting is the longest I have ever seen. Switching it off is also a chore. I just live it always on.
- The battery capacity is way too small. Some applications will run down the battery in no time.
The list goes on but I am getting annoyed just to think about it all. This is the first and last product Iíll ever buy from HTC. Unless you are a geek that gets pleasure messing with IT devices do not buy it. Its use will take an unhealthy amount of your time. It will not help your life, it will waste a lot of your time and annoy you in the process.
In the first few months I tried to fix it and make it work to an acceptable level by downloading ROMs that improved the performance and install a program that would let me access the card via USB. Then I had problems and had to remove the ROMs. I then gave up on it. I keep it to use the navigator which is guess what? neither HTC or MS.
If you want something that works decently well out of the box donít buy this one!
Hi guys! I bought TyTN II today.. actually my last was O2 xda Zinc.. now im looking the software/Application/games just like my zinc had... could anyone tell me where or what site i can DL a free software/games/application e.g. FUNCONTACT/ Encyclopedia/ BEta Player
anything. pls help me guys.. email me ur answer
mostofa, 09 Jun 2009hi my htc tyrn is not working.just comes on the scean windows mobile.please can u tell me how ... moreIf the phone does not boot pass the system BIOS its trash you cant recover from that
TITAN, 11 Jun 2009I was trying to figure out how this GPS thing works. Does the GPS work like a normal GPS(Garmi... moreit is A-GPS it works off of cell phone towers not satellites like normal GPS. To utilize A-GPS you will need a application like Google map
I was trying to figure out how this GPS thing works. Does the GPS work like a normal GPS(Garmin, Magellan), or do you need a special service from your provider to use it.
Are there phones which dont need the service to use it(GPS)?
kdog, 18 May 2009I just got rid of the Tytn II and switched to the iphone. I didnt really care for the TytnII. ... morehow does the iphone compare to the Tytn II? The touch screen has broken on my Tytn and i'm looking at phones to change to
hi my htc tyrn is not working.just comes on the scean windows mobile.please can u tell me how i solve it.
I've had Tytn II almost a year now, it's quite a great PDA and I'm content with it. The only problem is setting mp3 as ringtone. For some strange reasons when mp3 is set as a ringtone it doesn't play when there's an incoming call. I'm wondcring if somebody can help out there. Thanks.
Proud to be post# 2000
im gana wrap it up ..
HTC TyTN II is THE PHONE OF ALL TIMES
Best phone i ever had ( touch pro included lol )
Well my HTC TyTN II works great!!!
Got no problems with it and the battery is also ok. For having a long stand-by u should let the battery turn the phone off after unuse of 5 minutes. Your phone aint off but on Stand-by. So u still recieve phonecalls but ur battery use the minimum power cause ur phone aint lighted or using any other power.
I have added my personal msn messenger sign in to my phone while trying all the phones different features.
I want to take it off but can find no way to do this.
Can someone help...I cannot fully reset to factory settings either as it means deleting programs i use for work. HELP HELP
I just got the mobile and it cannot find it's network, and I'm not able to use it. I've spent more than 200000dollars for fixing it,still doesn't work. THAT SUCKS !!!
I HAVE Been using this phone for a tear now!
As u know the batery is too weak, and one of this days the barey went totaly flat and went off, I recharged but it doenst go on.When I switch it on, it just shows the smart mobility initial page and it doesnt pass this stage!
Do anyone know what it might be or what suold i do?