Burst mode is not working for me in the camera app. I tried by long pressing the photo button but it is taking single photo only. Before Oreo update it was working for me.
Can anyone tell me how to enable the burst mode.
AnonD-748534, 30 Mar 2018I bought this phone in February at $100 off from HTC to replace an HTC One M7. Yes, I keep ph... moreIts very interesting that someone write that long about any phone and not even a word about the main thing-performance! Congratulations!
I bought this phone in February at $100 off from HTC to replace an HTC One M7. Yes, I keep phones a long time. I was hesitant due to guarded reviews and that my carrier Verizon didn't sell it. Very happy with the phone after using it for about 2 months now.
- Works with most carriers, including Verizon (may need a new Nano SIM card and the rep needs to remember to set GSM HD calling for voice, though)
- HTC Transfer Tool to quickly duplicate apps and configuration from one phone to the other. Admittedly a feature for migration from nearly any phone to all HTC phones, but still notable and nice.
- Good price ($549 after discount, versus up to $1K for comparable phones like iPhone X or Samsung 9)
- Sharp looking phone, available in colors (I had a blue M7, so got a blue U11).
- Really sharp display and powerful audio.
- Industry leading camera resolution and picture quality.
- Early availability of Android Oreo.
- Finger print scanner to access phone and log in to supporting apps, saving you from fumbling with PIN's and passwords.
- HTC Sense Companion provides useful information like pedometer, notifies you at meal times about nearby restaurants, even notices that you've set an earlier than usual appointment the next morning in your calendar and offering to set a one-time alarm.
Didn't find some of the following Cons in others' reviews to be an issue:
- USB-C instead of audio jack.
For the reasonable price (especially after discount) you get both an adapter for your present headset and some nice noise-cancelling earbuds. I'm not a heavy headset user for calls or music, so it's not a deal breaker for me. USB-C is symmetrical, and seems sturdier than Micro-USB (not likely to develop connection problems). And there's also bluetooth for speakers and car audio systems. Dropping the analog audio jack is the inevitable wave of the future.
- Battery life below-average by industry standards.
I went from about 15 hours battery life (when new) on the M7 to almost 2 days on the U11. I use the phone for browsing and occasional calls, and not heavy use of music and videos. Lots of power-saving options that can be tuned to optimize battery life. Even if you have to charge it mid-day, Qualcomm fast charger gets you back up to full within a few hours.
- Squeeze feature is gimmicky
I at least find it useful for the default mode, which is to turn on the camera. Was able to quickly take pictures on the U11 where I was fumbling through menus with the M7 and often missed the shot.
- Data saving options not turned on by default.
This was a data-thirsty phone until I spent some time tuning it, even after transferring all my app and phone configuration from the M7, but once set, now sips data. I have an 8 GB plan shared among multiple phones, and can easily stay within it.
- Only supports GSM and not CDMA.
My carrier is standing down CDMA in 2019. If you travel extensively in non-GSM areas, an inexpensive flip phone that supports all bands might be a good emergency preparedness option. HD calling via GSM brings call audio quality up to at least landline standards.
- Glass back fragile and easily smeared with fingerprints.
Most mortal phone users who want them to last a decent lifespan will put them in a protective case, anyway. Spigen makes an inexpensive soft clear bumper case that doesn't detract from the color and gloss of the phone. Mine has survived a few short drops, and will likely remain unbroken for its service life if usual precautions are taken.
- Display margins and top/bottom bars look dated.
Moving up from an older phone, not really a deal-breaker for me. The alternatives seem suboptimal anyway (edge-to-edge screen either adds an ugly and distracting "notch" for the selfie camera, has the button/fingerprint scanner on the back where you can easily miss and smear the camera lens, or requires other gimmicks like curved screens that are more vulnerable to scratches/breakage and require more expensive screen protectors, etc.).
- Not an OLED display.
Looks about as bright and sharp as an OLED display, and without the cost/potential reliability issues.
- Not a widely sold/supported phone and with brand having a bad rap for quality control issues.
Most carriers can easily activate any unlocked phone. My M7 lasted four years without failure or screen breakage. Ask me about this one again in a couple of years, but haven't yet had the problems others have reported (fingers crossed).
can we decrease the resolution of the screen to 1080p with android oreo 8.0 ?
Mr Grey, 20 Mar 2018When I updated my U11 to oreo I had problems with the playstore crashing also but a factory re... moreYeah usually with these big updates it would be better to do first a factory reset, install update and then reinstall all your apps.
AnonD-702525, 20 Mar 2018After 5 months using HTC U11 Solar red 6Gb ram 128Gb:
-Awesome design and color(s... moreplease note that boots+ only clear files that apps cache in the main partition of the ROM-chip.
but there is also a cache partition, which is separate and is not even cleared with a factory reset. that partition holds information that is accessed at system bootup.
the only way to clear that is from the bootloader mode.
you should have cleared the junk in it, just before you updated the ROM-chip
but it's too late for that now.
you can clear it now without factory resetting. (but it would be best to clear it & factory reset your phone as you have cliches)
AnonD-702525, 20 Mar 2018After 5 months using HTC U11 Solar red 6Gb ram 128Gb:
-Awesome design and color(s... moreWhen I updated my U11 to oreo I had problems with the playstore crashing also but a factory reset fixed it for me and since then my U11 has been absolutely perfect with no issues at all.
Battery life is outstanding also with oreo
After 5 months using HTC U11 Solar red 6Gb ram 128Gb:
-Awesome design and color(solar red) that catches people's eyes
- Fast charging, good battery, even on heavy use, no need for more than twice per day charging.
- Very fast in opening multi tasks like up to 30+ opened google tabs with other apps but no lagging.
- Didnt find yet a good screen protector, spigen case protecting it perfectly and the glass screen not easy to show or catch cratches. Still as new.
- Good sound system for music listening and video watching
- Good camera but you need time to learn all features to take the utmost of its high quality.
- Google playstore consistently crashing after last update(Oreo!!). Some said to clean cache files, well cleaning it always through boost+, others said best to factory reset device but have no time now for that especially need to copy files in internal storage.
- Few times abnormal get out of system then in to say android stopped...similar to playstore crash but system this time as if refreshing or restarting!
- If you do not setup Edge sense, it keeps on popping up at every by accident little squeeze of device.
Has anyone had any issues with the USB headphones or USB to 3.5mm adaptor ? I've seen a lot of issues reported on Google play along these lines.
Hello people, I didnt recive latest update via OTA, my latest sw version is 2.33.401.10, is there any information about this. Location Europe, Serbia.
Thanks in advance.
crazyboys.tp, 23 Feb 2018V30 + is also a great device but If you already have a U11 then don buy it. Main reason for th... moreThanks for the info bud and I tend to trade phones in to knock money off the ones I want and at the moment I have a u11 and g6 and I am also currently interested in the U11 plus or the Samsung s9 plus which be shown tomorrow but I admit I do love lg phones and the v30 is very nice.
I would get a S8 plus but I admit I don't like the fingerprint placement all that much but I know when the s9 is shown tomorrow then the S8 plus will drop massively in price so that could be a option or even the note 8 also.
Mr Grey, 22 Feb 2018How would you compare the U11 to the v30,would you say the v30 is better in anyway at all,?
... moreV30 + is also a great device but If you already have a U11 then don buy it. Main reason for that is the V30's display is not consistently great. I am fortunate enough to have a unit with great display without any display issues as mentioned by others, but can't tell about other V30 units. Only reason I went to V30+ is because of Oled display.
Wait for couple of months you will get lot of other options as new flagship devices are about to get announced.
If you feel the prices for 2018 flagships are ridiculous then buy last years ones, they will definitely get a price drop.
PS: Selfi camera of V30 really really sucks.
AnonD-163739, 22 Feb 2018Well I sold my U11 last week for good or bad I can't say. And got LG V30+.
But still I will s... moreHow would you compare the U11 to the v30,would you say the v30 is better in anyway at all,?
I have a u11 myself but I am considering getting a v30 but I don't know if it would be worth it because the U11 is a excellent phone as it is.
Well I sold my U11 last week for good or bad I can't say. And got LG V30+.
But still I will say HTC U11 is a great device and I miss it some times.