finally, version 9.14.929638 update of sense home
has added a better grid of 5 x 6 in the app draw to take batter advantage of the high res and big screen of the U Ultra. you still have 4x5 as an option
Using the dual SIM version available in Hong Kong. Excellent phone for travelling, covers all important 3G & 4G bands. Superb build quality, excellent camera. Very fast. Glass back looks and feels like a flagship phone, does not seem to scratch. Battery life is great. Have had several HTC and Samsung phones, the HTC's have all been much better than the Sansungs.
JohnIsCooper, 21 May 2017Then you must have the same complaints against the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S8 unless you just hat... moreHate? Where did you get that idea from? I have been commenting here from the first day I got the phone. You read all those comments an concluded I hated the phone?
This is my first glass back phone and I have realized it not my material of choice for a phone if I'm not going to see the beauty of glass in a TPU case.(you may not need a case but I need one.)
so yes I would think it was pointless on the S7,S8 & G6 if they don't have wireless charging which makes the glass functional / practical on those phones.
But I still prefer my U ULTRA over them because
1. I like the wider screen for typing on the portrait keyboard & movie viewing.
2. Colours look better on the U ULTRA screen over the G6.
3. Speakers sound better on the U ULTRA.
4. included ear buds are better on the U Ultra.
5. I prefer sense UI.
6. HTC phones are not famous for being full of lag like Samsung.
7. The back camera is the best I've ever seen on a HTC phone and the front camera is much better than both the G6 & S8.
8. Audio recording has always been excellent on HTC phones and this phone takes it to the next level with 4 mics.
9. I enjoy having the second screen for none intrusive notifications, skiping sound tracks, and staring my most used apps without having to go back to the home screen first.
10. I enjoy using "OK google" to turn on my screen, unlock my phone & get what I need. All In one voice command. That only responds to my voice. Not the voice of the radio,tv, my wife, kids or friends. It works so good I don't even have a phone dialer icon on my home screen. I just have no need for it.
11. I like that the 3 keys are not onscreen, taking up screen realestate.
12. I like the bezels, it gives me somewhere to rest my long fingers that doesn't block part of what I'm viewing on the screen.
13. I like phones with big viewing areas so to me this is still bigger than the S8,G7 & U11. so I don't even regret not waiting on the U11. I would have liked to get the water resistance but a bigger screen trumps that for me.
I'm upgrading from the HTC ONE MAX and before that I had the samsung SIII.
before that I used HTC Windows Mobile phones (not to be mistaken with "windows phone" phones, because it's not the same OS.)
so now do I have your permission to say the back glass is pointless for me and don't have you accuse me of being a hater of the brand or model?
Anth0ny, 10 May 2017after 2 mounts of having this phone, I can safely say...... The glass back on this phone is po... moreThen you must have the same complaints against the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S8 unless you just hate HTC or believe what top Youtubers tell you.
Perfect,nice,awesome and really excellent phone. It has no negative point.it is far better than v20.in camera part u ultra had the highest points with pixel xl and in ui as all of honest person know htc has the best,fastest and bug/lagg free ui.ultra is really luxury and faster than v20.dont ignore that utc sense works better than other androud ui with the same specs.
Grab u ultra.good luck
Phone is nice with little bit unhandy peace because of size,little bit issue with network, i personally recommend u play model for those u look for handy peace camera quality superb sound and picture quality nice but price value i too high it should be near around 30k also htc gives self insurance for breakage and liquid log this help me to avoid roming and entertaining by insurance person also service center with professional service. nw i can recommend this brand to my techfreendly frd
Mohd A.Hussain, 26 Apr 2017Anybody tell me, why I should buy U Ultra and not LG V20 ? Would recommend v20 dual sim model ,2 proper sim slots and micro sd slot ,not hybrid ,seriously it doesn't disappoint,lovely audio ,great camera with excellent capabilities ,good battery and replaceable battery ,snappy ,responsive ,it's cheaper
U ultra ,at first look it's got an identity crises ,doesn't know what it's trying to be
The phone is not l compatible and as such creats operational hazards with reliance jio card
zain, 29 Apr 2017hi too all...can any suggest me ..i buy wich phone...whos best ..htc u ultra and htc desire 10 proGo for htc U ultra
I'm using this phone almost 2 months I'm not using back cover Bcz I want a beauty design so it's very nice to hold hand and the camera one of the best and best self camera sound also very nice if you use htc u sonic earphone and battery a full-day with 4g all around the phone is very nice I recommend you guys
after 2 mounts of having this phone, I can safely say...... The glass back on this phone is pointless to me.
unless you plan to use it without a case, you will never see the true beauty. The one time I had the case off when I wasn't home it fell on concrete and scratched the back, so that confirmed I have to use a case.
With a clear case on, the back is still not as reflective as when It has no case, so most of the beauty is lost. not to mention the scratches you get on the (in the box case) &/or discolouration you get on 3rd party TPU clear cases. So I ended up with a spigen black case and don't see the glass. As this phone has no wireless charging and I have it in a black case, the glass is pointless to me.
shaxain, 29 Apr 2017i buy which phone whos best ......htc u ultra and desire 10 pro...plz tell meGo for HTC 10....not desire 10
This is the most detailed review I have seen for this phone to date.
Had my first unprotected fall today. :(
Seating in the concrete stands of my kids swimming class and I see water between the case and the phone. It isn't looking good so I decided to remove the case to wipe it. I rest the phone on my pants to get the cleaning cloth and it slides right off onto the concrete then drops 2 feet on to more rough concert.
Got 1 short hair line scratch on the back glass. And a scratch on the frame between the volume & power.
zain, 29 Apr 2017hi too all...can any suggest me ..i buy wich phone...whos best ..htc u ultra and htc desire 10 proIf you need the FM radio then buy the pro 10.
Other than that, the U Ultra is the better buy once price is not an issue.
i buy which phone whos best ......htc u ultra and desire 10 pro...plz tell me
hi too all...can any suggest me ..i buy wich phone...whos best ..htc u ultra and htc desire 10 pro
Anth0ny, 28 Apr 2017Yes it supports USB-C OTG.
the link to the one I use is below.
1. I have used it with a logi... moreaddition to post below.
you can also use it to connect your DLSR to transfer photos from the camera to your phone.
and if you connect a next phone to it you can access the files on that phone & charge it too from this phone.
Anonymous, 28 Apr 2017otg capable?Yes it supports USB-C OTG.
the link to the one I use is below.
1. I have used it with a logitech keyboard & mouse combo using the unifying dongle (nice for using Microsoft office & excel on the phone).
2. I have used it with my flash drive.
3. I have connected my 2TB WD My book. It said it was corrupted and wanted to format it.
I think the problem there is, that drive is formatted in NTFS not FAT32 and Android may not have NTFS support. Any one with more technical knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong.
There is a next dongle I want to buy that give you access to micro USB, USB A, HDMI all at once. Should allow me to power my phone connect keyboard, mouse and a TV.
Will know if this has support for the one below later this year.