Hi, I am considering this phone. I am from Singapore and the price is SG$380 which is USD280. It's really a good budget phone for me but there's also other phone for me to consider, which is...
1. ZTE Axon 7 SGD300
2. Sony Xperia XA1 Plus SGD400
3. Samsung Galaxy J7 pro SGD $350
4. Huawei Mate 10 Lite SGD SGD398
5. Lenovo P2 SGD300
6. Moto Z Play SGD300
7. Oppo A77 SGD SGD345
There's too much option for me, so please help me decide with one is the best. Hopefully the phone is upgradable to Oreo. Thanks!
Just got this set after a massive price slash (nearly half). Its really an awesome phone for this price...
My only gripe is that I could not find a quick handy shortcut (other than in secondary display when main display is blank/disabled), to go into silent mode..
HTC manuals state to press the Volume UP button twice, but could not get it to work.
Other than that...its very decent especially the sound :D ...
HTC User, 10 Nov 2017I am in dilemma between HTC U ultra ( $360) and Huawei Honor V9 ($550) . I use HTC one max and... moreWell I think you shouldn't be in dilemma, as a HTC user without problems I think the best is to stick with HTC and go for this U Ultra. It's cheaper and really beautiful. I was informed this phone is getting the oreo update as well.
I am in dilemma between HTC U ultra ( $360) and Huawei Honor V9 ($550) . I use HTC one max and M8( Primary - No hiccups until now) .
I narrowed down my choices to U Ultra, Galaxy S7 Egde and Galaxy S8+. I need to buy 2.
I will probably buy one U Ultra and one Galaxy S7 Edge or S8+.
U Ultra is around $300, S7E is around $300 and S8+ is around $450
Zank, 09 Nov 2017I can get this phone for 290 Euros. The review for it was positive, except for the Price... Wh... moreIs saving 80 Euros worth having a smaller screen at a lower rez lower PPI & lower contrast ratio?
will a snapdragon 625 be worth the 80 Euros savings?
are you Ok with not having OIS on your camera to save 80 Euros
and what about Audio quality? you willing to sacrifice that too?
that is what you dealing with if you go with the Mi A1
between the Ultra and the 8...
which screen size you like more?
which UI do you like more, or that doesn't matter to you?
and which speakers do you like more?
all the rests of specs are too close to call in real-world use.
I can get this phone for 290 Euros. The review for it was positive, except for the Price... Which is not a factor anymore.
So, please, suggestions: Do I save 80 Euros and get a Xiaomi Mi A1 (210 Euros) or do I pay 170 Euros more and get the Nokia 8 (460 Euros)?
Other phones are either not available or interesting to me.
Aadrian, 08 Nov 2017Yes a good price I am also thinking of buying this phone for 339 euro. Aadrian
what phone are you using now?
Kasim, 07 Nov 2017I can buy u ultra for $330 brand new should I buy it or not plz tell meYes a good price I am also thinking of buying this phone for 339 euro.
Anth0ny, 08 Nov 2017as someone that used the ONE MAX for 3 years & now the U Ultra for 8 months, this is my co... moreThank you very much for the detailed explanation. I believe HTC would provide three major software updates for this fabulous device .
HTC User, 07 Nov 2017What about the battery life of U Ultra compared to one max ? Is there an option to scale down ... moreas someone that used the ONE MAX for 3 years & now the U Ultra for 8 months, this is my comparison opinion.
1. the screen of the U Ultra looks like AMOLED in comparison to that on the ONE MAX
2. the 5x6 grid of the app drawer is much more useful than the grid in the ONE MAX.
3. the loudspeakers on the U Ultra can play with more detail but the ONE MAX is noticeably louder.
4. the U sonic earbuds are much much better in volume and audio quality than the buds you get with the ONE MAX.
5. the fingerprint scanner on the U Ultra can wake the screen and unlock the phone all in one touch. Using the Boost+ app that comes with the phone you can add fingerprint lock to individual apps. but when the scanner is not clean I think the one on the ONE MAX works better.
6. charge time is about half that of the ONE MAX.
7. camera picture quality, OMG. if the U Ultra is a 10, that would make the ONE MAX a 2.
8. software i miss from the ONE MAX is the camera (split capture mode). HTC photo album, which allowed me to see photos on the map & take stills out videos.
9. the U Ulta default keyboard supports skins and has a dedicated number row but the dedicated arrow keys were removed. would have been nice to have both.
10. the secondary screen I now use for only 2 things. Music control without leaving the running app & quick access to social media apps. because of the second screen, i don't even leave chat preview on in viber or whats app as I can get the notification & reply from the second screen.
11. "ok google" can wake your screen and unlock the phone and it only responds to your voice even if other people are talking at the same time.
this is so cool as i can ask the phone to do stuff or dictate text when other people are talking and it will still get it correct. and i like that my kids or wife can't say ok google to open my phone.
hope this helps HTC ONE MAX owners that wanted to know.
HTC User, 07 Nov 2017What about the battery life of U Ultra compared to one max ? Is there an option to scale down ... moreI upgraded from the ONE MAX
1. with what my normal day use is, I got about 1 hour more on the ONE MAX (this is not just screen on time I'm talking about)
2. there is no option to scale resolution
3. they are relatively the same size, but you can feel that the U Ultra is thinner.
I can buy u ultra for $330 brand new should I buy it or not plz tell me
What about the battery life of U Ultra compared to one max ? Is there an option to scale down screen resolution.I did not get a chance to see this mobile in real. Is it relatively smaller than one max ?
yugi, 03 Nov 2017What about 300 USD?Don't waste any more time with that trole.
Clearly he has never used the oneplus 5 or the U ultra, if he is bad talking the U ULTRA & recommending the oneplus 5 for camera bump, waterproofing & finger print scanner size. And both if them are in the same boat.
Macbeth, 02 Nov 2017339 euros for this phone is too much.What about 300 USD?
Macbeth, 02 Nov 2017Small battery capacity, no headphone jack, awful capacitive buttons, too thick which a massive... moreO, be real man
for 339 euro are you telling me...
3000mAh is too small when you only getting 300mAh more on the onepluse 5
you can't talk about the battery being too small until you start recommending phones with 4000mAh batteries
and the included usonic earbuds are way better than what you getting with the oneplus 5, hands down, no questions asked.
now I know you are trolling if 0.7mm thicker makes it unacceptable.
and talking about not being waterproof, when you recommending a phone that is also not waterproof. talking about a camera hump but recommending a phone with a camera hump. There is no light bleed on the 2 units I have.
speakers are great. (could be front facing but defiantly not tinny)
and I broke my back glass on 1 and replaced it my self, so I know for a fact that the broken glass I took off was laminated on the inside.
if you have some hidden need for everyone to buy a oneplus 5, what can I say. but don't just make shit up. or find problems where there is none. Your finger could be as big as a lollipop, it would still work just fine with the fingerprint scanner.
go be happy with your low res, low ppi, jello effect, no SD card, small screen & single load speaker oneplus 5 and stop trolling, as your grips with the U Ultra are not based on the reality of value for money spent.
then again you probably don't even have a oneplus 5 if you didn't know it also had a camera hump and isn't waterproof as well.
Anth0ny, 02 Nov 2017But how is the oneplus 5 going to give Aadrain the secondary screen that he/she said they like... moreSmall battery capacity, no headphone jack, awful capacitive buttons, too thick which a massive camera hump, really small fingerprint scanner, no water resistance, light bleed, speaker is tinny at higher volumes, back glass is unlaminated.