AnonD-120709, 22 Jun 2017Hi, its's a nube question. The profile pics are not displaying properly and only half is visib... moreit is best to use a square picture. As it is trimmed to a circle in contacts a.k.a people.
and trimmed top & bottom to a rectangle shape for the dialer.
if your contact photo is coming from a phone that used portrait photos they are not going to crop in a way you like. sorry.
Hi, its's a nube question. The profile pics are not displaying properly and only half is visible on call screen and upper half is covered by the call display. Which is not the case with say S7 edge or V20. Tried editing the pics but of no use.
Zain, 20 Jun 2017Thnxx bro...u says htc u ultra is better than lg g6...can i ask u...for the bettry timing and ... moreThe back camera takes detailed pictures that are colour accurate but the LG has that second lens for wide angle so it comes down to personal choice because the LG back camera isn't bad. Battery of the 2 should be about the same from test I have seen so that is not really a deciding factor. My usage time will differ from yours so what I could tell you is I'm coming from the HTC ONE MAX and I get the same amount of battery live & that had a 3300mAh battery. Charge times are extremely fast if you use a charger that supports the PD standard.
You can go from below 4% to above 80% in under & hour. The last 20% charges slower.
The only thing I'm not a fan of is it's a glass back phone. And unfortunately the big names are all glass back. O and my one Max speaker layout had more volume but this definitely sounds fuller.
This has more volume than the G6, so it's really only competing against other HTC phones.
Anth0ny, 20 Jun 2017Both are great phones for this year but hear are some reasons to pick the U Ultra over the G6.... moreThnxx bro...u says htc u ultra is better than lg g6...can i ask u...for the bettry timing and back camera both of sets plz tell me thnxx
Zain, 19 Jun 2017Hi plz tell me..which phone is the best lg g6 and htc u ultra ..price little bit same...i m bu... moreBoth are great phones for this year but hear are some reasons to pick the U Ultra over the G6.
1. Sense UI is the smoothest after stock Android.
2. LCD5 is notably better than the IPS LCD.
3. You want the 4 mics for better audio in your recordings.
5. If you like big screen phones the aspect ratio of the Ultra is better for multimedia as nothing is recorded in the new ratio as yet. And the portrait keyboard is less cramp.
6.HTC has a Theme engine that would let you customise just about everything in the UI.
7. fingerprint scanner in front will let you unlock your phone on a table.
8. The built-in boost+ app would let you lock individual apps and be able to unlock quickly with the fingerprint scanner.
9. Having notification come in on the secondary screen is really cool when you are in a full screen app. You can even respond without leaving full screen.
10. Twice the internal storage
11. Much better front camera.
12. Already got the OTA May 1st Android security update.
13. Stellar ear buds in the box. G6 comes with none.
14. Thanks to 1 of the 4 mics being a always on mic "OK google" works with the screen off and the phone locked and know the difference between your voice & other voices that may be trying to get in or talking at the same time.
15. Back, home & app switcher always readily available no matter if you are in a full screen app or not.
Anth0ny, 15 Jun 2017day 14 of my Oh Uh protection request update....
Today I got an email from HTC with an upda... moreday 19 of my Oh Uh protection request update....
The phone still has not shipped.
when I contacted the live chat I was told the email about them having it in the warehouse was not correct.
they are still waiting on stock from Taiwan. and they maybe will have it in 2 weeks.
"MAYBE" 19+14=33days would have passed by then waiting on a replacement phone.
if you have this phone, take good care of it, you don't want to be waiting like me.
and if you have to use the Oh Uh protection, don't go with the option where you have to send back your phone first or you are going to be without a phone for a long time.
Hi plz tell me..which phone is the best lg g6 and htc u ultra ..price little bit same...i m buy which phone and why....both of set camera bettry timing sound whos best plz help me
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2017Is there a HTC Store in the Philippines ?none but we have htc in lazada.com.ph
Anth0ny, 15 Jun 2017Next reason, it's a good thing I went with option (a). I decide which I'm returning. I'll tes... moreIs really nice that you get that option after all you being through! :) and hopefully the device they send you performs well so that you have that gorgeous back that this phone offers.
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2017Is there a HTC Store in the Philippines ?Nah they just make them there lol
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2017¨factory certified refurbished¨ These in other words are like used phones that were r... moreNext reason, it's a good thing I went with option (a).
I decide which I'm returning. I'll test everything for a few days then decide which one is going back.
I really thought I was getting a new phone when I started the process. And both my wife & (J. Williams) are of the opinion that it's not going to be as bad as I'm thinking, so I'm waiting to see.
At the end of the day, I'm using a black case and I have a vinyl skin on the glass now to keep it together, as I didn't know how long I was going to be using the phone with the broken back.
So if the replacement is not performing like new, it's going back.
Anth0ny, 15 Jun 2017Yes, it is good that things are moving forward.
as you are interested I'll go into some deta... more¨factory certified refurbished¨ These in other words are like used phones that were returned to HTC. What they do is that they fix the problem the phone has, they run several tests on the phone to make sure the phone works properly and then they resell them. These phones are usually a surprise box because although their original problem is fixed, doesn't mean they won´t get another problem coming in hot.
Hopefully yours isn´t the case! :)
Anonymous, 15 Jun 2017That's good isn't it?Yes, it is good that things are moving forward.
as you are interested I'll go into some details.
This is how Uh OH protection is explained by HTC rep when you LiveChat them to make a claim and you qualify.
you have 2 options to choose from.
1. HTC puts a hold on your VISA for $600US (value of the replacement phone only).
2. Once the hold is approved by you. the replacement phone is shipped out the next day.
3. once you receive the replacement in 2days, you use the included retune documents to send the damaged phone back via Fedex.
4. if it arrives at HTC in 10 days, the hold on your visa is lifted in full.
If it arrives after 10 days you will be charged a late fee.
if 20day pass and they don't get it, they will keep the $600US (none refundable)
1. you return the damaged phone first and in 2days you get the replacement phone. (no money is held on your visa)
I went with option (A) as I didn't want to be without a working phone for a few days.
so after giving my approval, i was expecting to have the replacement in 2 days. its day 15 and the HTC tracking page is still saying "Preparing Replacement". so things are not going as expected and live chat so far has been wrong with giving dates every time I ask.
I also found out the replacement phone is not classed as new but instead classed as factory certified refurbished, so I don't know what that means for quality untill i have it in my hand.
keep checking back here for my updates on how it is going.
it's a good thing I didn't go with option (B) or it would have been 15 days so far without a U Ultra.
Anth0ny, 13 Jun 2017the saga continues...
Monday is here and it still has not shipped. now I am being told there ... moreday 14 of my Oh Uh protection request update....
Today I got an email from HTC with an update.
"your device is now awaiting shipment in our warehouse"
It is no longer just saying "approved" on the HTC tracking page.