i have a samsung jet and i was going to buy the wildfire s do you think it's better than the jet?
ahmedmohamed, 12 Sep 2011Which is better HTC Wildfire S or Motorola Defy ?htc wildfire
I am using Wildfire S for last two months. it is a good one. there are problems, common problems like, battery life and internal memory.
When i bought and configured all simple apps and could see only 20 mb left on my internal memory, even after moved all apps to SD card. here some of my tips.
1. Don't install apps like task killer, which may consume extra power and make your phone unstable.
2. Don't install any app for moving applications to SD card and waste your memory. It is all available in settings itself. Note: Moving app to SD still will leave some max of 50% on internal memory.
3. Battery booster and other apps claim that will improve the battery life. I did not see any much difference.
4. CPU tuner apps which switches the frequency automatically may give improvements on the battery life by reducing the Frequency. I doubt that stability of device in long run, because of frequent changes on the internal processing behavior. Note that these apps will run like services and will consume some power also.
5. if you want some extra internal memory, you can uninstall updates on Maps and other heavy application, and for which you feel the updates are not much useful.
6. Recently, I did factory reset and I could see some 110 MB internal memory and now i think i can install some apps. because, when i bought the phone and at the first time i checked, it was about to 50MB only. free. you may try that if you want.
7. if you are in the place where the phone signal is not good and consistent, I would recommend to off the GPRS or 3G if you want to save some back up time.
8. it would be good and best to charge always with the regular charger than the computer/laptop USB. especially when the battery charge is less than 15%.
9. it is not good one for gaming / heavy multiprocessing. you would feel the lag in performance. It is good for regular usage.
10. The built-in browser is good enough, i think.
11. I could notice some malfunctioning in HTC widgets sometime. Even HTC support could not resolve,I resolved after a different tries. The HTC Support people are not technical good enough to handle our issues. This is what is felt.
there are good and bad with this one as everyone has. it is up to you to buy this. because I loved the HTC scene and bought with these known issues.
One thing with GSM Spec sheet, I am wondering that why the specsheet is not update with the internal memory with usable is 150 MB. Please change. Don't do the hide something like HTC did.
Which is better wildfire or desire. I need to read word documents and sync an appointment book
I recently bought the HTC WILDFIRE S and i'm very happy that i bought it. Its a phone that gets u addicted to itself and any new android user can easily adapt himself/herself to it in no time as it is vey user friendly. The android 2.3 works really well teamed up with the HTC sense and the touch interface works really well.
I've used the iphone as well, so i can confidently say that even if the HTC WILDFIRE doesnt match up with the iphone 100%, but its a serious substitute.
Anyone planning to buy a phone with good features and opting for andriod, i strongly suggest this phone. The 5 megapixel camera works pretty well and thank HTC that theres LED flash to go with it. Setback is that there is no front facing camera(which i feel is of no use unless u r a serious businessman who needs it all the time) and pretty low battery back-up which is quite understandable with todays smartphones.
The internal memory of this phone is very low and that is a serious setback cos u will have to end-up transferring files or apps to the SD card very often(for this "apps2sd" app can be downloaed from the android market) but still i feel there shud have been more memory.
Overall i wud say that its a fun smartphone to have and i can assure that u wont regret buying this one.
ahmedmohamed, 12 Sep 2011Which is better HTC Wildfire S or Motorola Defy ?without any doubt Moto defy is better than htc wildfire s. I have used both handsets.
pleas unlock to be use in everywhere in the world. cos i av one not ulock
shajeeb, 10 Sep 2011I did not recieve software cd along with phone when I purchased. I want to know how to do syc... moreSW is in your SD card!..connect to pc in datastorage mode and copy the .exe file, install and thn connect the phone in sync mode!
vicky, 10 Sep 2011hi friends i want to buy a phone htc wild fire s,samsung galaxy ace&nokia c6-00 only one ... moreGo for Samsung Ace its good phone to buy...even i m also confused with these two...or else u can buy Samsung galaxy S.....also read some reviews first before buying any phone because they far much costlier
What About The Games , Is this device Play games good , iam confused between lg p500 and htc wildfire s plz help
Sri, 11 Sep 2011can anyone suggest me about the front cam option in HTC WILDFIREwildfire dosn,t have front facing camera,,,,if u want front camera in htc,than u should go for salsa..
jojo, 12 Sep 2011How do we configure the applications on the android market to have it completely loaded on the... morego to android market and install (move to sd card )application,your problem will resolve
Razib, 11 Sep 2011Bloody slow phone.don't buy it.Well it works pretty good, I have it
How do we configure the applications on the android market to have it completely loaded on the memory card instead on using phone memory?
Chan, 08 Sep 2011I Logged a compliant with HTC their reply is:
Dear Mr. Chandrasekhar
Thank you for conta... moreProblems faced:
1). Battery backup is not good and its not exceeding more than 5 hrs and 6.30 hrs for normal mode.
2). Email alert notification is not working. I tried more than 50 times as per customer care officer suggestion.
3). Internal memory is showing only 150MB where you have advertised 512 MB memory and 512 MB RAM, even though I have installed around 30 MB applications only, but its showing 16 MB only free, 134 MB used. I don’t know where its gone. This is somewhat cheating the customer where you have advertised 512 MB internal memory.
4). Due to this, am not able to download any applications from android
5). Getting vibration for every call cost and SMS message alert notification. There is no option for stop this vibration. This is against the law where the customer can restrict the vibration mode. This is very bad option for heart problem customers.
6). There is no default option for viewing the files in SD card.
7). Roaming notification ‘R’ is showing always. I have tested another 3 mobiles, its not showing roaming notification.
8) Touch is not working.
Razib, 11 Sep 2011Bloody slow phone.don't buy it.@razib
use task manager kill all the back running program thn check it out weather it is slow...