Whenever I called to the HTC customer care they told me to the launched in December but I called last three months they told me sure September, October, November & last they told me in December.
Please, Give me correct date. This month not launched "Windows 8S htc Mobile Phone" so I can purchased another phone.
Windows phone is better than android ? so htc windows phone 8s or htc desire x ??? please help me
Came across this htc 8S review on indian online store. It was worth sharing here and remove any sort of confusion between htc 8s and lumia 620.
LUMIA 620 vs HTC 8S
@ GD (this specific part is reply to his review)
1) Looks are subject to personal liking. Both handsets, 8S and Lumia 620 are good in my opinion but Nokia is better known for build quality, reception and service support than HTC.
2) Both 8S and Lumia 620 have exact same GPU i.e. Adreno 305. Even CPU is same. So get your fact rights.
3) Lumia 620 has more PPI than HTC 8S! 246 (for 620) vs 233 (for 8S). This, because both have same resolution but display of Lumia 620 is smaller by 0.2". This will result in crispier images on 620. Again I would say, research extensively before writing misleading review.
4) I have already talked about build quality. Check track record of existing and old models from both Nokia and HTC. Leave that part, I would just like to point out that you are already claiming Lumia 620 has bad build quality when none has ever held it in hand except Nokia employees. It says lot about how immature your review is.
Now for all other people.
MAJOR DISADVANTAGE OF HTC 8S:
It has only 4 GB internal memory. It has card slot so people will say, does it even matter? It does. WP 8 stores all games and apps ONLY on internal memory and by no way you can move it to SD card. Out of 4GB, only 1.6 GB is user available and that is barely sufficient for HD games, let alone apps. Lumia 620 has 8 GB internal memory with 5.6 GB user available. More than thrice of 8S.
8S also doesn't feature NFC. So you can not use tap+share and wallet NFC features extensively and nicely implemented in WP 8.
ADVANTAGES OF LUMIA 620 OVER HTC 8S:
1) HAAC - 2 high amplitude microphones for best audio capture in smartphones. Only Nokia N8, Lumia 920, 820 and 620 have this feature. 8S and any other phone lacks it.
2) Front facing camera. Lack of this in 8S makes in built functionality of Skype in WP8 useless.
3) NFC (Near field communication). 620 has it. But lack of it in 8S makes tap+share feature with other accessories like speakers, NFC tags etc and NFC payment feature of WP 8 wallet useless.
4) Support for a 5 GHz frequency over 802.11n WLAN. This is recent adoption in smartphones and make high speed WiFi compatible with phone. Great to have it in 620 but 8S misses it.
5) 21 Mbps HSDPA support in Lumia 620. Maximum speed of HSDPA on 8S is unknown on HTC site but many websites report that its 14.4 Mbps. While mobile companies are upgrading their infrastructure to support more and more 3G speed, its nice to have handset compatible with it.
6) Nokia exclusive apps and location services like critically claimed Nokia Drive, Nokia transport, augmented reality app Nokia city lens, upcoming data compression technique Nokia Xpress, camera lenses like cinemagraph, smartshoot etc. All exclusive on Lumia phones.
7) Dolby headphone sound enhancements vs Beats in HTC. Many audiophiles give thumbs up to Dolby when compared to Beats.
2 stars because this phone still has beautiful and smooth WP 8 OS. Lack of said features is shame for this much price.
JiNkeEz, 13 Dec 2012I prefer Lumia 620 over 8S. Several pros of 620 are NFC, 8GB ROM, front cam, clearer display. ... moreDude, how can it be a problem with the internal memory? add an 32gb sd card and you're set. i own the 8s. great phone. does the job. NFC? c'mon, how often will you be using that? taka e quick peek at the mobile network speed. up to 42mb/sec vs 620 20'smth mb/sec. music using beats audio is great. design also is a pro when it comes to versus 620. i'm just sayin.
i am not able to decide between this mobile and desire X .plz suggest windows or android
Does someone can help me: is there any maps of Japan and South Korea in HTC Win phones?
I have ordered this phone from Three Mobile - Does anyone know if they come SIM LOCKED?
With 4GB you only get 1.6GB of free memory and you can't put them on memory card).
8S is also lower end WP8 device with different SoC. It got less RAM and weaker CPU. Lumia 820 got the same SoC than the flagship Windows Phone 8 devices.
HTC 8S now available online for Rs.18,990 in india at online retailer Saholic
AnonD-89647, 15 Dec 2012Guys...mine was delivered 3 days ago...I imported it, from Europe to Brazil. Amazing phone... moreHow is the camera? I also want one so any feedback from 8s owners (as regards the camera, etc.) would be helpful. Thank you!
Hey 8s users out there how is the camera of this phone? I am really interested with this but phonecam performance is a deal-breaker for me. Thank you very much!
what is OTHER in phone storage, and how to erase it? it has took 1GB od space... i have maybe 5-6 apps instaled and they are like 450MB of space in app section.
quantek, 15 Dec 2012Will GPS work in offline mode?Yes, same as other WP8, you simply need to download the map first.
Anonymous, 04 Dec 2012512mb ram is to low. we need minimum 768mb ram. 512mb ram is very common since almost two yrs.... moreyou are not using laptop, you are using mobile phone have you already tried windows phone? very fast even using single core cpu, fast enough even compare to dual core cpu android or ios.