if u need real i phone then buy p6 that's enough than rough i phone/S4/Sony Z. p6 is soft thin beauty simple but only prob is heating. same specs matching to ascend mate. both phone best phones from huawei.lets try both two. only screen size and OS different. in my life i love both phones. now i am using ascend mate and after i will buy Ascend p6S new phone.i am waiting for it after my lovely ascend mate use end and i love huawei devise. they always making phones suitable to our needs requirements in midrange budjet price and make it possible.i checed all phones specs. All guy...s lady's go to huawei. that is good decision. buy huawei ascend mate or p6 upgrades.i recommend it to all.
I am from India and I have 2 GB version (4.1.2 non rooted) bought in Oct 2013 from flipkart, India.
I used iphone 4 for almost 3.5 years before this (Jailbroken 4 times with updates from iOS 4 to iOS 6.1.2)
and i wanted to try android with larger screen size with budget upto 25K and decent specs. I checked
-Samsung galaxy note 2 and Mega 6.3
-LG optimus G and G Pro
-Asus fonepad note FHD6
and finally Huawei Ascend Mate.
and after so much of research and analysis, I am really happy with my choice.
Would like to Share my experience along with some of the Great Pros and very minor Cons here.
First, Cons - I will write what I had felt, for some users it may be a deal breaker. for eg
1) No App drawer - no issues, use Go launcher or any other 100s of launcher available in play store
2) no home screen rotation - i dont need it anyway
3) Cant mute notification without muting phonecall ring - like BB, i want to put phone on only ringtones
without notification sound at night, but sorry it cant do that. Either whole phone silent / vibration mode or both ringtone/notification sound on same volume
4) very few times, screen did not showed up after pressing lock/unlock button - dont know, may be due to the phone cover
5) not much of varities available for phone flip cover, had to buy only available premium leather flip cover ( cost 1500 INR )
6) No user battery replacement - not needed anyway
7) Mediocre Camera performance - Although 8 MP rear camera, i feel picture quality is not that good. I use my nikon camera for special occasion anyway.
8) Cant turnoff vibration on lock screen for some of the preinstalled themes. - not a problem actually.
9) Only 'Hindi' language font pack available in the phone and not regional fonts, i miss my region's
language feeds on facebook and whatsapp messages - can install the same once the phone is rooted
10) No KitKat update yet - also no news announced for the same.
Now ready for Great Great Great Pros,
1) Build - premium quality build, doesnt looks cheap like samsungy plasticy body, Looks amazingly good,
people kept asking about the phone model when i was yet to buy cover.
2) Sheer Behemoth size and Display - 6.1 inch Gorgeous IPS HD display ( would have loved full HD though ), with corning gorilla glass. Screen is amzingly clear and bright. Didnt have to use full brightness yet. if you try during the night, you might as well go blind. Touch response is immediate and smooth.
This one has got highest display to phone body ratio, (since it has not hard menu buttons like samsung, htc
etc), so despite 6.1 inch size it would not feel like burden in jeans/shirt pocket.
3) Swap internal memory with External SD card - YES, its got only 8 GB internal memeory, 4 GB used for OS,
while only 4 GB is available to you. But dont worry, I installed 32 GB external micro SD card and Swapped
default memory location from setting, thats it. Now i have 32 GB internal memory and 4 GB external memory
I have now installed many HD games with GBs of SD data, I have now only 10 GB space left. Since it support 64 GB card also, I might buy the same.
4) RAM / Processor - 2GB RAM with 1.5Ghz quad core intel processor, 16 Core vivente GC 4000 GPU, its
smoother than ever. No lag whatsoever in any of the apps or games.
I have installed Six Guns, Real Racing 3, Asphalt 7, Asphalt 8 (although playstore says asphalt 8 is not
compatible with this phone, you can still download it via PC), etc and many other TP games, for my kid i
installed angry birds, subway surfer etc. There is no lag whatsoever in any of these games, they works
5) Video - can play 1080p videos without any legs or hiccups. It can record also full hd vidoes
6) huge 4050 mAH battery - Last almost 2 days with moderate use. with heavy use like playing 3D games for about 2 hours with constant use of Whatsapp, email etc it still lasts 1 full day, and takes only 1 and half hour for full charge from 5% battery.
7) Sound - Its got dolby surround sound speaker, so audio quality is simply phonomenal, also very good
ergonomic headsets with decent sound quality
8) Data transfer - downloaded 1GB 'Six Guns' in one hour on 3G ( i have vodafone 5 GB pack), also normal
browsing, whatsapp etc dataspeed is good. Wifi Direct works with whooping speed of 10 MB/s.
9) Preinsalled google play store and few themes along with few useful apps and bloatwares
10) It says it has 'glove mode' ( can use while wearing gloves ) - hvnt used it yet since not necessary in India.
11) Hide / unhide menu button option - very useful, so that you can use full screen for games and apps, it works with all the apps/games and also on home screen.
12) No other problems in day today use, multitasking, call quality, connectivity, normal application usage,
on/off and volume buttons, camera flash, keyboard inputs, settings, etc etc
13) Value for Money - bought at around 21K INR ( actual 23.5K with 10 % discount ), its the best value for money considering all the above features, The same features are offered in other phones also, but they are priced high or at same price, not same as all the above features.
I have not yet root the phone, I am still doing research on the same since its my first android experience. although super vetaran on iOS )
If you wish to ask any personal question, pls feel free to message me on email@example.com
I will happy to help / share my experince.
very nice phone but sometimes its get little stuck while using along and getting heat while playing movies camera. my new mate old is 16 days so currently its runnig very nice smooth clear and speedy. i use it only camera pics videos and calls. I didn't downloads anything and use internet.so currently its get very nice working without any lags slow stuck and screen problems. i don't need play games i needs only its big screen because i am tall and big.
so iam not looking its any wrong.now a days i am using it very care fully.its little weight and big. after 2 monthe using we can find any bads errors becase your use pattern.
but i want to say i think currently using huawei mate is a good phone for ladies or big fat hand man.
huawei done work best.they always make good phones for other needs or requirements and with good looking.great trust phones
dont be afraid to buy huaei phones. because other brand phones not any different like huawei before i used Nokia ,Samsung ,Ericsson Siemens phones now mat is valuable than before phones.don't look only brand name and appearance.but i am not huawei fan.i am not looking only brand when i need phone just i am searching my needs requirements and reasecheing in internets and i dont care phone brand...
now a days best top brand list apple samsung nokia and huawei etc..
i am saying buy any phone and use it carefully. all the brands are good but no durable or best...always check your research needs and buy ur suitable.u v=can buy mid range phone or budget phones. don't waste money for brand or high-end phones its no use..
i want phone only use for camera video and call. so phone will be durable for several yrs.downloading using internet will get any trouble or virus problems attack to hardware..
there are many reasons will get broken phone but main thing is OS hardware and use it without droping shakes.
specially use the touch phone very softly.dont forget touch phone not durable but basic phone can use many several yrs. i think touch phone can use only several mothes.
because its there are lot of many types phones.but huawei has good solid hardwired and simple charm easy looking without any unwanted unnecessary looking.UI is great and simple OS..
you can use internet but downloading apps games taking its lag slow late any error virus.problem because on you and your hand.
if u want to use u phone several yrs without any ill errors. use it only camera calls videos without any download.
who are you wat person u like busness employee home any other use select any phone in your needs don't think about what is world best brand phones but reasearch before for ur sutable mobile friend...
there is no any best all are same and breaking in short time..........
Awais, 05 Dec 20132GB RAM is bOooOmmM....on China Version......!!!What games are you able to run smoothly?
Will international Version,1 GB ,huawei ascend mate mt1-u06 (srilanka) get 4.2 jellybean update ???
Is there an MHL support this device?Can I use this phone with HDMI cable on LED/LCD TV set?
How much time does it take to complete charge......???
Can anybody tell me.....???
Is there an MHL support this device?Can I use this phone with HDMI cable on LED/LCD TV set?
Awais, 04 Dec 2013Guys....??? Does it laggy.....oR.....Smooth in Performance......??? Please Reply.....???no lagging so far. very smooth. some new features are included. like flip to mute, auto answer. Also setting menu changed, emotion UI is better now. although I faced a little bit issue regarding play store, but it has solved after removing my app history. 4.2.2 is better than 4.1. I am from Pakistan and I have Chinese 2GB RAM version. thanks
Does it laggy.....oR.....Smooth in Performance......???
abhi, 03 Dec 2013no idea.. but after reading on many forums i came to know it works, and one has to change l... moreRussian version 4.2.2 is working good in 2GB version. no need to change the language.
hi guys I have White international versin huwei mate with model no :mt1 u06 ,1 gb ram..4 1 2. so will my mate get update to Android 4 2 2 os with ui 1.6 and next to kit kat version???
pl guys answer me
WILL S voice or any other voice Assistants apps support for the huawei Ascend mate international version mt1-u06????
crazzyboy, 03 Dec 2013do u tink dis update vil work on indian mate 2gb ramno idea..
but after reading on many forums i came to know it works, and one has to change language in setting to english from default russian.
Guys is it true that there's a kind of lag in the 1G version??
And is there a difference between 1G and 2G in overall performance like in multitasking and gaming if they're no many running apps in the ram?
Huawei Ascend Mate - 6.1”
Huawei Ascend Mate offers optimal experience for
gaming, reading text-heavy
webpages, and also viewing
photos and videos with 6.1” HD
Screen, Its compact design
with highest screen-to-body ratio is a huge step ahead, Huawei Ascend Mate features a 4050 mAh battery and 1.5
GHz quad-core processor, With
QPC and ADRX smart power-
saving technology, the
smartphone provides up to two
days of ordinary usage on a single charge, The Magic Touch
offers the convenience when
users need to wear gloves, such
as in cold winter, Huawei Ascend Mate's highly sensitive screen senses the tiniest
pressures, The smart reading
function shall largely facilitate
reading for our users, Its
translation, search and
Wikipedia menus allow users to quickly look up the selected
keywords in the same App
window using Huawei Ascend Mate