abhi, 18 Oct 2013are there any OTA updates available for Ascend Mate in INDIA,if yes kindly guide me how to ins... moreYes OTA updates are available for the phone in India. Just go to mgmt folder and check for update online. You must be connected to wifi to download sine updates are rather large.
Aussie, 15 Oct 2013what issues after the update...performance is much better after the OTA updates.Get rid of you... moreDear do you know which apps have bugs in it.pkease tell me those apps name.so i could aviod thm
are there any OTA updates available for Ascend Mate in INDIA,if yes kindly guide me how to install them ?
Some Unknown Facts about HUAWEI ASCEND MATE :-
1) It supports microsd card till 64 GB (as also on official website Specs INDIA) and not 32 GB as said by most website & currently i am using 64 GB class 10 Strontium card.
2) u can install apps in microsd card also
3) U dont need to buy screen guard along with this handset as it is preinstalled just dont peel or remove it it,cut slight right at top which u see when u recieve a new handest.
4) u can charge other peoples cell phone using OTG cable from ASCEND MATE just like LENOVE P780.
5) it supports USB 3.0 Pendrives which other handsets doesnt support and says power consumption error except few handsets Above Rs.35,000 supports.
6) It has Glove mode which helps u use it even with wearing gloves on hand- the technology is called magic touch technology.
7) In Ascend Mate, there is also a feature which can be used to change wallpaper by shaking the phone.
8) On the home screen of the Ascend there is also Suspend Button, which will give you a shortcut dial to access calculator, gallery, messages and notes.
9) Supports USB STORAGE MODE .
10) i dont know if many people knows it that there is promised update for 4.2.
Hi,friends.I morally believe that the aim of jus criticism must be the imporovements and cares of the manufacturers not creating enmity,bias,and hatred!Ascend mate,P6,G600,615,700,and finally the outstanding media pad FHT10 are the best that the Huawei could have made!In short ascend mate design,features,performance,and its other high qualities has noting less than the high-end-range super smartphones or phablets called of these days!I have to mention that I don,t know and care who and where the Huawei are!!!?But I care what it makes!My best expectations and hope is after sales support and care and their respect about the people,s opinions if they still want to ascend hopefully plus the awaken powerful public relations who listens!?Good hope,love,friendship and progress for all and care for the Huawei++++!
This is one of the best value for money phablets in the market.
Buying price: 23750
Offer: Yes (5% credit card discount)
Listed price: Rs.24990
Other products considered: Note 2, Galaxy Mega 6.3 and 5.8, Sony Xperia Z Ultra
(1) Great battery backup ~30-35 hours of running time with WiFi, 2G and 25 hours on 3G
(2) Super large IPS touch screen (very crisp image and color reproduction. Color temperature selection is quite handy and you can adjust the display from warm, yellowish, to cool, bluish). Corning Gorilla protection is great - I have not installed any screen guard and it's just awesome
(3) Good performance (ANTUTU benchmark score of 16500+) - which is more than adequate for productivity and most of the games
(4) Picture in picture for video playing
(1) Stock UI is boring but this is not a big negative as there are many launcher apps to pep up the UI experience. For example: I use Next 3D launcher which takes the UI experience to a new level and its well complimented by the large screen
(2) One handed operation (typing and general phone use) is literally impossible
(3) Only black option for India (though I liked the matte finish better as it is not a finger print magnet)
(4) No cover/pouch - would have been better to include
At around half the price of Sony Xperia Z Ultra, this offered better value for money (but for the feature like water proofing - it's more a fancy feature to flaunt than daily use that impacts user experience).
Overall 9/10. Would definitely recommend this phone.
bob the builder, 14 Oct 2013dont buy this fone.lots of issues after updates.and some softwares like whtsapps and games.are... morewhat issues after the update...performance is much better after the OTA updates.Get rid of your buggy apps mate.
Absolutely a great phone. Battery life is amazing, screen size is truly breath taking. Good phone at a reasonable price...
dont buy this fone.lots of issues after updates.and some softwares like whtsapps and games.are making this fon trouble creater.touch is really bad.h@rd press then work.
eli, 09 Oct 2013How about its internal memory? Please answer this. :) Thank you! :)4gp
its a nice phone and good value happy have bought it
I've been using this for several months now...its still doing good and has a very good battery life.. don't blame the phone when you have your signals drop...blame it on your network provider.. I love the dolby surround sound.. one thing I would comment on this, is the lack of accessories to be bought unlike s3 s4s and I phones.. but it really does great performance.. one tip is for users... choose applications wisely..it may damage the softwares of your phone
The phone is working properly with long lasting discharging battery. I am rooted. Nice Huawei.
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2013Hope Huawei ascend mate will have another system update because the phone hangs up everytime, ... moreYour phone hangs because to have installed buggy apps on it...better learn how to use an Android device.