Honour 8 launched in India without knowing what needs current customer in india, consider following points.
(1)1st huawei launched a single Sim variant, whereas currently dual Sim feature is must for Indian customer.
(2)price is more than most other markets
(3) only launched 4gb variant no 3gb variant
(4)It doesn't support volte feature but only lte support
(5)Price of it's tough competitors are less like one plus 3 and mi 5
I am an honor 8 user for 2 weeks.
(Previously using Samsung s4)
Bought it from Malaysia - Sapphire Blue, 64gb. Dropped twice at waist height, phone screen facing down.
1. Screenshot- you may choose to screenshot using smart button or knuckles. Sometimes knuckles are not so sensitive. I need to knock for 2-3 times before it can really shot one screen for me once a while. The screenshot are cool, you may scroll all the way down of the page and snap all of them into 1 picture.
2. Performance- Smooth while playing heavy duty games, however it got into a small laggy condition if too many apps opened at the same time. It's cool to play games by cleaning the ram beforehand.
3. Camera- Camera are good and able to capture nice pictures, it has a very high snapping speed. However, it's video recording need to be improved drastically. Very poor video recording quality compared to Samsung. Audio recording is poor in video recording as well as zooming in the video. I personally recommended video recording lovers try it out in the store before you make a purchase.
4. Defect- I can't really function the one hand UI slide after 3 days of purchasing. I inquired with the online Hicare customer service and she asked me to factory reset my phone. I did not try it, cause I am not willing to re-set everything. It's under warranty, so you can do whatever you want to, but i am not concerning about this issue. So I chose to leave it.
*HiCare- (a built-in apps which allow honor users direct online contact with the customer service agent for phone's enquiries)
5. Fingerprint- Fingerprint button and smart keys work very fine. No issue at all.
6. Exterior- very slippery. Personally recommended to put on a case or cover. You may get hairlines scratches on the back of the phone even handled with care. It got scratched on the 2nd day and dented on the 2nd weeks.
* I did not use any screen protector nor phone case (I regretted- at least a simple back case)
*Front screen not easy to get scratched
7. Battery Life- Super power save for normal daily used. I charge it once a day. It tool me about 1 - 2 hours to achieve fully charge battery percentage. However, it drains faster with online streaming and games but still able to sustain for the day time usage.
8. Volumes- Call volume, ringtone volume and notification volume work just fine. No issue with it. You can even receive call with by tapping the fingerprint button and lower down the ringtone volume once the phone got lifted up.
9. Audio and Video playing- both work good. Audio playing up to par. Their built-in video player will auto rotate the screen while playing the videos into a larger screen. Cannot input srt. format.
10. Folders are well organised. Neat and tidy. (eg. Music, documents, images, videos etc) able to search easily. Of course, you may choose to browse any folders like the usual Android folders.
11. Others - Support WiFi direct with other brands' devices. I can't really connect the Honor remote control with my air-conditioner and TV. (Maybe I did not aim and point the electronic devices accurately.- not so sure)
12. Honor wake up- not as accurate as what have been mentioned.
13. Auto brightness- poor auto brightness adjustment. But can adjust manually and never disappoint me with the result.
#feel free to ask me anything about Honor 8
Manikandan, 12 Oct 2016Oneplus 3 is the ultimate answer for your gaming requirement. No other phone comes with 6 GB o... moreI think you got the wrong idea, zenfone 3 deluxe is the world's first smartphone to have 6gb ram
AnonD-597351, 13 Oct 2016Is it having any screen protection like gorilla glass or 2.5dYes it have 2.5D glass on both the side which is stronger than gorilla glass
I ain't worth paying 30k for this beauty In disguise, I'd rather go for beast 1+3.
we are nobody to advise anyone can take or reject its good to first buy and then give opinion about the phones every phone company are same and they try to loot people ,with new phones every weeek they are heading towards distruction like samsung they release phones every weeek like 2015.2016,prime why dont they make phones and price it properly there hurry put them into losss of 18 billion from note 7,they loot people later die their own death,instead make phones which have features useful to all,instead of this companies are introducing good for nothing 2 gb 3gb 4 gb what to do when they are not useful,mobiles are becoming a pain in ass
Samsung A9 Pro is good
Trustable brand and long time use
Good both side built quality with glass
Camera is awesome as another samsung phone
New samsung features
Snapdragon 652- Antutu Score is above 65k
5000 MAH Huge Battery with
Go with A9 Pro- Rs. 32500
Price should be 20k to 22k. Don't pay over price for Chinese product. Go for Samsung
Go for Mi 5, ASUS Zenfone 3, Moto Z Play, Z2 Plus.
Manikandan, 12 Oct 2016Not Only Honor. Even Flagship series of Mi also selling only 16GB or 32GB variants here in Ind... moreI agree with u bro. Y we indian pay 30k Above for cheep China.Just i think Go for samsung A9 pro almost same price good cam 16 and 8 with 1.9f.and also suler Amoled full Hd dispaly wit good ppi.Dual sim 4g and 4Gb Ram 32Gb Rom and up to 256Gb mc support . Very impressive Snapdragon 1.8+ 1.5 Octacore. With fingerprint.Battery life also very High .get 5000mah for 31900.I go to this guys.