Sumit, 15 Jul 2018This is complete phone. sound, video, camra, battery everything is unbeatable. Go for it. All ... moreI have been using Huawei Honor View 10 for past two months as my primary device. Here is what I like about this device:
1) Build Quality: Really impressed with View 10 overall build quality &craftsmanship. I find most people now-a-days make their buying decision solely by looking at the specifications. But to me the material used to built a phone, it's overall design and durability are also very important. In this respect I can assure View 10 stands tall, belonging to a rare breed of sturdy all-metal uni-body phones while supporting the latest 18:9 tall display trend. It looks stunning in the navy blue color I bought, with a shimmering effect. It provides a secure built-to-last feel in-hand and exudes premium in every way. It is needless to say that I despise the current trend of all-glass super-premium looking designs while being super-fragile. My brother's Oneplus 6 just fell once from his pocket and both the front & rear glass was shattered into pieces. Glass is glass & glass breaks, and that's the reason why I did not go for Asus Zenfone 5z after having the experience of using that phone for 1 complete day. The 5z looks slightly more premium than View 10 with its glass sandwich design but the moment it will fall it will break.
2) Display: The FullHD, IPS LCD display used in View 10 is truly flagship grade. It is a very high quality IPS panel with great viewing angles while being super bright. It can shoot over 500 nits of brightness in broad daylight and be perfectly visible while at night can dim down to 1.5 nits not strain your eyes. All in all the display quality is undoubtedly flagship grade and much better than my friend's similarly priced Huawei Honor Play. The Play may have a slightly bigger notched display, but is neither as bright or as accurate in color rendering that of View 10. But then View 10 was Honor's flagship to compete head on with Oneplus 5T, while Honor Play is all about bringing flagship Kirin 970 SoC for the masses.
3) HiSilicon Kirin 970 SoC: View 10 ships with Huawei flagship HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset. While comparing with other flagship SoCs in benchmarks scores it easily beats the best from Mediatek, the Helios P60 but then looses out to Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 845. But then to me these scores are just numbers and have next to no importance in daily life as long as they are adequately powerful which fortunately all flagship SoCs are. What actually matters to me is how optimized the SoC is and the manufacturing process it uses which defines its power efficiency. It that sense the Kirin 970 ranks as a Tier-1 flagship SoC, using latest 10 nano-meter manufacturing process packing a total of 5.5 billion transistors. It's octa-core CPU side slightly more powerful that P60, but the GPU is very powerful 12-core Mali G72. Cleverly Huawei had used all its synergies in the right direction for Kirin 970 buy not blindly running for peak performance over previous generation Kirin 960, but rather optimizing CPU sustained performance, providing two times better GPU performance, low power consumption leading to great battery life improvements. I can also see new innovations like a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) for artificial intelligence. All in all I must admit I was pleasantly surprised with Kirin 970's performance capabilities, giving more importance to real day-to-day life sustained performance rather than opting for chart topping benchmark scores which relies on peak performance that are of no use.
4) Emotion UI: Needless to say, View 10's Emotion UI 8.0 (EMUI) on top of Android Oreo is very well thought, well designed & optimized overlay build specifically for their in-house Kirin 970 SoC. It provides butter smooth, lag-free, flagship grade user experience. While being skeptical initially as I like vanilla Android, after using it for 2 months I have no complains now. And I never used a Huawei phone before which speaks a lot.
5) LPDDR4X RAM & UFS 2.1 Flash Memory: Mix in 6 gigs of top-of-the-line LPDDR4X RAM (Samsung K3UH6H60AM-EGCJ) and 128 gigs of ultra-fast UFS 2.1 flash storage (Samsung KLUDG4U1EA-B0C1) and View 10 becomes a multitasking king with blazing fast read are write speeds.
6) Integrated Modem: Call quality is excellent, but that was expected. Knowing Huawei core business I expected class leading modem integrated with their Kirin 970 and I was not disappointed. It also supports true dual 4G VoLTE funtionality i.e you can insert two Jio sims simultaneously and View 10 will support 4G VoLTE on both. Normally even with Snapdragon 835 if one network is in 4G, the other switches to 3G. In-reality Kirin 970 was the first SoC in the world to support true dual 4G VoLTE and View 10 was the first phone in India to ship with this functionality.
7) Camera: View 10 always had an excellent camera hardware, having the merit to challenge OnePlus 5T on the open. However when initially launched early 2018, View 10 camera software was half baked with no support for image stabilization be it still photography or video. This is why every reviewer at the time of its launch said 5T had slightly better camera of the two. Roll on 10 months,now Honor had repeatedly updated the camera app, loaded with features and made it perfect. Support for Electronic Image Stabilization(EIS) came few months before providing great video stabilization on View 10. Just a month before we also got Artificial Image Stabilization (AIS) which improved stability while shooting still image under low light. Result is View 10 now has as better camera than OnePlus 5T. I made some real comparisons with other phones in the last two months, and my personal opinion is View 10 is on par with Asus Zenfone5Z & Oneplus 5T in still photography or video. It holds true for both good or artificial lighting conditions. The pictures turns out to be excellent, with good detailing, excellent contrast and having good exposure. But my brother's more expensive Oneplus 6 in undoubtedly better. All in all you will not be disappointed with the rear camera performance of View 10, I will say its most closest competitor is Zenfone 5Z and both are equally good in this department. But if you want an even better rear camera quality look for Oneplus 6. The front 13MP selfie camera also good and turns out to be adequate for my needs even though I don't use them much. Honor Play is nowhere near the View 10 rear camera performance.
8) Huawei GPU Turbo: With the latest update, View 10 supports Huawei's much hyped GPU Turbo technology. The game needs to support this tech, so I played PUBG in the highest setting available for an hour and the View 10's played it with no stutter or frame drops. I then play my most favorite game Asphalt 9 which does not support GPU Turbo at highest settings. Then too View 10 handled the game like a flagship device should and the Kirin 970 proved to me that it can play any game available on the Android world at its highest setting at 1080p resolution.
9) Fingerprint Sensor & Face Unlock: Honor somehow managed to cram in the fingerprint reader in the front just below the 6 inch, 18:9 tall display of View 10. This is the fastest fingerprint sensor I have experienced, speed & responsiveness is even better that Zenfone 5Z and right here with Oneplus 6. While giving full marks to honor for their fingerprint sensor, the face unlock is a 80-20 hit-miss affair, gets the job done under good lighting conditions but struggles under dim light just like 5Z.
10) Battery Backup &Fast charging: Honor View 10 ships with a large 3,750 mAh battery which is considerably larger than the 3,300 mAh that comes with both Zenfone 5z & Oneplus 6. The EMUI 8.0 on View 10 is very intelligent and uses its AI capabilities along with Kirin 970 SoC to provide extraordinary battery endurance, maybe the best in flagship territory. While the 5z & OP6 will take you through one day of heavy usage, the View 10 will last you for 1.5 days easily. And for casual usage it will last for 2 days eyes closed. Coming to the wall charger, in India we get a 18 watts (9V, 2A) charger bundled with View 10, which supports Huawei Quick Charge tech as well as Qualcomm QC 2.0. And boy is it fast. The battery of View 10 have a special charge voltage of 4.4 volts which is nearly half of what the 9 volt the charger can deliver.So what Huawei have done is to convert and double the current to the battery to charge rapid fast. It does so by using its proprietary HiSilicon Hi6523 chip in View 10, which converts the chargers 9V, 2A (18 watt) input to 4.4V, 4A (17.6 watts) and provide 4 amperes or raw current to the battery. Results are astounding with 0 to 50% charge in 30 mins, 0 to 75% in 50 mins, 0 to 90% in 63 mins & 0 to 100% in 80 mins flat. I did this measurement with my phone switched off and charger connected. It beats the Zenfone 5z hands down and only a shade slower than my brothers Oneplus 6 with Dashcharge tech.
11) Price: I love value for money smartphones. Unfortunately flagships never fall into this category. However View 10 have now made to this sweet spot in pricing. I bought this phone on Amazon during Independence day offer on Aug, 2018 at INR 23.5K after heavy discounts making it the best VFM flagship smartphone at that time. Now in Oct, 2018 both Amazon & other online retailers will sell both View 10 & Zenfone 5z at this same price and both phones are steal at this price.
SubmarineWipers, 12 Jul 2018Hi! If you dont like the default audio output quality to 3.5mm jack (and rightly so), there is... moreHuawei Honor View 10 uses their own HiSilicon Hi6403 audio codec, which shows some impressive numbers on paper and is a substantial upgrade than its predecessors. We get 32bit@384 KHz HD audio support along with AI noise reduction. Excellent noise floor of -117dB and dynamic range is impressive 117dB. However the audio quality through 3.5 mm audio jack is satisfactory at best on par with iPhone's & Qualcomm's own codec solutions found in most phones. An audiophile will never be satisfied with the sound quality for View 10 or Oneplus 6. DonÂÂ’t take it otherwise; it will satisfy almost all users except few like me. I am a music lover and very critical about sound quality, as I have been using phones which are champs on sound quality department like Lenovo Vibe X3 and Vivo X5Max. These phones have dedicated audio DACs and power amplifiers which take your headphone listing experience to another level. The best option is to stick to ear buds or in-ear headphones with View 10 and the sound becomes at-least better than Oneplus 6. The Asus Zenfone 5z is a much better phone in this regard.
Few days back in India we just received a new OTA update (BKL-L09 22.214.171.124). It is of hefty 407MB size considering it only contain Sep, 2018 Google security patches.
Mah, 11 Oct 2018Does the screen get scratched easley without the default screen protector?No phone is perfect. Neither is Huawei Honor View 10. Being a flagship device I expected a minimum of Gorilla Glass 3 display protection but that's sadly not the case. Later I found Honor phones in general never specify any display protection.
I admit the glass over the display seems of very high quality, but I will whole heartedly advise every user of View 10 to get a high quality tempered glass protector like Nillkin Amazing H+ Pro and play safe.
Does the screen get scratched easley without the default screen protector?
How can I get in OST in normal use (web browsing, YouTube, social media, and no gaming) ?!
Jimmmmi, 03 Oct 2018There's something wrong about the camera in this spec sheet. It said secondary camera for 2x l... moreThe secondary sensor of the rear camera module is a monochrome 20MP sensor. And i can very well shoot B/W images with that sensor.
However the View 10 does a pretty darn good job with its digital 2X zoom making it near lossless. It takes images from both rear camera modules and superimposes them together. This, in combination with the multiple frames the camera captures, reduces noise and retains resolved detail at a very high level.
It has the same camera as my Mate 10 Pro and some other Huawei phones and it goes like this. The 20mp colour setting doesn't have any zoom. The 20mp monochrome setting does, but in practise you need a tripod if you want to use this over 2x set manually. At 20mp, on both colour and b/w, by opening the aperture setting, you get the 2x zoom automatically although the picture resolution alters to 12mp also automatically. Up to 6x zoom is enabled at 12mp and at 9, 8 and 5mp where using the aperture setting will also open the lossless 2x function. The highest level of zoom available is in fact 10x.
Also the HDR setting will alter the camera from 20mp to 12mp or lower if enabled. I hope this explains something.
There's something wrong about the camera in this spec sheet. It said secondary camera for 2x lossless??? Every reviewer said is monochrome...... What happen??
Honor user, 21 Jul 2018Honor v10 got a new update.... Including much awaited EIS feature clubbed with July security p... moreHuawei Honor View 10 always had an excellent camera hardware, having the merit to challenge OnePlus 5T on the open. However when initially launched, View 10 camera software was buggy with no support for image stabilization. This is why every reviewer at the time of its launch said 5T had slightly better camera of the two.
Now nearly 10 months later, Honor had repeatedly updated the camera app. Electronic Image Stabilization(EIS) came few months before providing great video stabilization in View 10. Just a month before we also got Artificial Image Stabilization (AIS) which improved still image photography under low light. Result is View 10 has as of now a better camera than OnePlus 5T.
Even in the end of 2018, View 10 (6 GB LPDDR4X RAM + 128 GB UFS 2.1 Flash Memory) @ INR 23.5K at Amazon India is a stellar choice and a better value for money proposition than benchmarks like Nokia 7 Plus @ INR 26K.
Anonymous, 28 Aug 2018It works with 4G sim. Huawei Honor View 10 is one of the few phones that supports Dual 4G VoLTE on both SIMs simultaneously. HiSilicon Kirin 970 flagship SoC used in View 10 have a very advanced modem. You can use two JIO sims in tandem. Even Snapdragon 835 does not support this feature.
what is the normal tempature (in °C or °F) of Huawei Honor View 10 should have while on normal use and on heavy use? and also please inform me what is the maximum level of temperature that it can reach or under what range of temperature should I have to maintain in my phone? My Honor View 10 phone's temperature is ranging from 30 °C to 40°C and simply it also gets above 36°C while on normal use which is uncomfortable to handle the phone due to hot metal body. so please assist.﻿
Max, 22 Sep 2018How is the battery performance and camera performance at night after the updateBattery performance is exemplary on View 10 and so is Huawei propriety fast charging. You will be hard-pressed to find a flagship device with 2 days battery backup under heavy usage. The EMUI is well optimized with AI and helps to save battery.
Regarding newly added AIS feature, I find a slight improvement in stabilization under low light still photography. Having bought this phone for as low as $325 for the 6 gigs ram version with 128 gigs of onboard storage I must admit I am highly satisfied.
RishiGuru, 18 Sep 2018Today in India we just received a new OTA update (BKL-L09 126.96.36.199). It is of 472MB size. B... moreHow is the battery performance and camera performance at night after the update
Today in India we just received a new OTA update (BKL-L09 188.8.131.52). It is of 472MB size.
Brings the much awaited GPU Turbo technology in Huawei Honor View 10.
1) GPU Turbo Implementation
2) Artificial Image Stabilization (AIS) Support
3) User Agent Support for Airtel
4) Latest Android Security Patch
Very nice phone
Handles many games and really compares to my s8+
Very impressed with this phone
Stb, 09 Sep 2018Looking to buy a new phone. Which one would be better; Poco F1, Honor V10 or Zenfone 5Z?Get Zenfone 5z, it has snapdragon 845 chipset with 2.7 Ghz CPU, which is far better than View 10 and it is similar or evenly matched with the samsung galaxy S9
I was just surfing through some phone teardown websites and was pleasantly surprised to find the Huawei Honor View 10 uses many of the high quality hardware components found in more expensive higher end variant Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Huawei used the Mate10/ Mate 10 Pro to launch their home-bred HiSilicon Kirin 970 flagship SoC and View 10 immediately followed using the know-how of Mate 10. Below are my findings for View 10:
1) System In Chip (SoC): HiSilicon Kirin 970
2) RAM: Samsung K3UH6H60AM-EGCJ (6 GB, LPDDR 4X)
3) ROM: Samsung KLUDG4U1EA-B0C1 (128 GB, UFS2.1)
4) Power Manager: HiSilicon Hi6421, HiSilicon Hi6422, HiSilicon Hi6423
5) Battery Charger: HiSilicon Hi6523
5) Audio Codec: HiSilicon Hi6403 (32bit@384 KHz HD audio, AI noise reduction with Kirin 970)
6) Speaker Amplifier: Texas Instruments TAS2560
7) WiFi: HiSilicon Hi1102
8) NFC: NXP 55102
Honor user, 23 Jul 2018Got EIS update on 21st JulyGreat thanks to Honor dev team for pushing out the EIS update for Honor View 10. This phone has excellent camera and video quality was also very good. But after the electronic image stabilization (EIS) update the phone can now stabilize and take smooth videos. I recently purchased this phone and immediately got this update.