the mate 10 pro is 3mm slender than the mate 10. maybe a clue to why the headphone jack was removed.
gdhsdgasgfsg, 17 Oct 2017So lets look at all the negative comments on the Mate10 pro:
- "No IP68" - IP67 is more th... moredude, u just give excuses to yourself. you dont need it doesnt mean others dont.
then might as welll get 3GB, no ip rating, 32gb storage, 720p.
the phone is obviously loses alot of the feature compare to other flagship phone that came out months ago.
Crispypeddler, 17 Oct 2017this website..lol is it confirmed 3.0?Usb 3.1 confirmed for Mate 10 as specified on vmall.com. While Mate 10 pro not listed yet so cannot confirm the details. And would be odd Mate 10 pro would downgrade on the usb c as well.
Crispypeddler, 17 Oct 2017paperwise this mate10pro reflects badly 1080p no heaphone jack no sd slot usb type c 2.0... moreWhere did you get the info that it used usb2.0 ? It is confirmed the mate 10 atleast uses usb 3.1 as it is mentioned on Huawei's official China online store.
So lets look at all the negative comments on the Mate10 pro:
- "No IP68" - IP67 is more than enough. Most don't surf or scuba dive with their phones.
- "No BLE 5.0" - Bluetooth 5.0 supporting devices are still few. The BLE 4.2 on Mate 10 series support LDAC HD audio.
- "Only 1080p screen" - Should wait for side by side screen and battery life comparison to the Mate 10 before a final verdict. However, the mate 10 pro has 402 ppi, which is typical to what a 1080p screen on 5.5inch screen phone gets. The Oled should also pop to balance any possible advantage the QHD on Mate 10 brings. And as someone mentioned, even Samsung turned off their 2k screen by default on their phones recognizing it as overkill. While LG's Oled screen on V30 has poor reviews.
- "No headphone jack" - There is a usb c headphone included in the box as well as other manufacturers have introduced them into the market. Usb-c supports digital audio.
- "no memory card slot" - 128gb internal memory is more than enough.
- No wireless charging" - too slow to charge. The wired charges full in 90 minutes.
lack of a 3.5 jack is a killer... if it were included i was the first one to buy a piece
LukeDin, 17 Oct 2017Mother of God... It's looks awesome! Nice colors, bravo Huawei! What about green or other meta... moreSure who wants to give an arm and a leg just to buy an iphonex? Afterall a phone is basically used for calls and browsing . Most of the other features u would never use. As for camera(s) , no one is hoping to win a prize with a cell phone pix.
paperwise this mate10pro reflects badly
no heaphone jack
no sd slot
usb type c 2.0
bluetooth vers. 4
now waiting for battery endurance test (if its very high due to 1080p, i rather it be 1080p instead of 1440p), dxomark, and cpu / gpu benchmark.
bfgdfaf, 17 Oct 2017My theories to why Huawei did not use QHD screen for the Mate 10 pro:
- lack of suppliers
... moreit has been proven that there is not much diff in terms of normal usage between 1440p and 1080p. test has been done and only when the phone is near to your nose, u will see the slight diff in the screen.
in fact this might helps in battery endurance when combine with OLED.
but paperwise, its reflecting bad on "premium pro" flagship
Is have complete bazel less display and face ID, would be great and then no matter if price 200$ extra.
My theories to why Huawei did not use QHD screen for the Mate 10 pro:
- lack of suppliers
- People who tend to pay for the Mate 10 pro might not care for the resolution, just as the iphone does not have a QHD.
- The P10 plus had a QHD resolution and no one bothered much as its screen fared no different to the 1080p on the P10 and battery life was meh despite the increase in battery size from the p9 plus.
- Maybe the Oled plus 1080p combination makes a good impact on battery life. If not, then the 1080p choice would be even worse.
Mate10 pro should have had an optional face unlock like the LG V30. The fingerprint on rear is a pain when phone is on the table, and moreover the fingerprint starts to get more fails after using for some time from my past experience.
Looks like LG V30 is the device of the year. First was Mix2 and then this. They were serious contenders for V30 but ended up disappointing. V30 seems to do everything that this one do and still 20g lighter..Only problem is with the LG sales..not releasing worldwide
Mother of God... It's looks awesome! Nice colors, bravo Huawei! What about green or other metal colors? I would gladly buy this one rather than iPhone X.
Ugly display, ugly design, slow(er) processor than A11 (since it runs android, what do you expect). Huawei is definitely trying to be the best LG+iPhone clone this year