Sofia butt, 12 Jun 2016If any one want to buy this crap then wait for the new one to come out.soon they are going to ... moreI guess u r the only one who is using best phones but I think thats not the matter cause u r saying that not even iPhone r good so it's clear u r simply crack. 1st the mate 8 is not a phone of poor creature it's not cheap and it's a flagship device and it's worth money, leave mate 8 aside a simple huawei phone is good enough examples r g7, g 630 , honor 6 and many more, infact u guys r blind running behind name ,popularty n demand, not behind what is really good. I m saying not because of that I didn't use a good phone. I used iPhone 6s, lg g 3 n note 4 too but I found so many plus point in huawei it's got design, battery, no laging not for a sec n cheap ... so good choice for wise people not for the people who just prefer to hold an expensive mobile to show off
Huawei is simply awesome!! Cracked my new Mate 8 (due to my butter fingers) and I was expecting to pay a hefty price to replace the crack screen. Walked past a Huawei shop and talked to the sales girl there regarding the screen replacement cost. She informed me that there will be no charges if my Mate 8 / P9 is purchased locally (Singapore) and within the 1st year warranty.
Send in my phone to them last 10th June 2016 evening, And yes!! No charges for crack screen replacement within 1st year warranty (limited to one time only and for Mate 8 and P9 models so far). Collected on 12th June afternoon after Huawei called me up in the morning to inform that the phone was ready for collection.
Was happy to collect my phone back and to top it off, they even put a screen protection filter on the new screen. Awesome customer service.
Genome, 12 Jun 2016That's why Samsung and Huawei are the first and third smatphone manufacturer in the worldhuawei is first on world largest single market.
Sofia butt, 12 Jun 2016If any one want to buy this crap then wait for the new one to come out.soon they are going to ... moreThat's why Samsung and Huawei are the first and third smatphone manufacturer in the world
I've bought this model 2weeks ago,Can i deactivate fast charge mode or I have to change my adaptor?!
If any one want to buy this crap then wait for the new one to come out.soon they are going to launh new mate in the market.but i will reckon you dont trust huawei or samsung .they all bad .camera is very bad on focus.phone software is missing many programes.dont believe on those who are saying good about this phone .i guess they never used a good phone befor.poor creatures.
HenryKK, 12 Jun 2016Just bought mate 8 few days ago..overall experience..7/10.. I bought this due to several good... moreIt is talked too much in reviews that there is only one speaker,other one is microphone.
HenryKK, 12 Jun 2016Just bought mate 8 few days ago..overall experience..7/10..
I bought this due to several good... moreDue to a number of posts like yours about the poor quality of the Mate 8 camera I've waited more than 2 months before deciding to buy one. I have 2 Canon DSRL, a Sony RX100 and a few compact cameras (Canon, Panasonic, Kodak) so it's obvious that quality of the camera for me is one of the most important features in a smartphone. After getting the Mate 8 I must say that I was surprised by the general good quality of the pictures I could snap. After about 6 weeks I would rate the camera with a score around 7/8 (out of 10).
Here are some UNEDITED pictures I took, you can judge by yourself:
There are better camera phones out there (Huawei P9, Samsung S6 and S7, LG G4, G5 and V10, iPhone 6 and 6S to name a few) but they are not without faults and often the quality of the pics taken with the Mate 8 is VERY close to them.
Mate 8 has a good general purpose camera, the focus is reliable, the lens is good (I cannot see a significant image degradation at the corners of the image), it has an effective optical image stabilisation, the exposure is good, the colours are natural and even in low ligth and high ISO the pictures are comparable (if not better) to the ones taken with a Canon or Panasonic compact camera.
- HDR mode is not particularly effective (could be fixed with a sw update)
- not the ideal camera for macros (it cannot focus closer than 7-8 cm)
- some noise is visible even at low ISO in areas of homogeneous colour, in particular the blue of the sky. This is a choice by Huawei in order to preserve the details of the image. All cameras with a small sensor have a lot of noise visible in the raw file. Then the jpeg engine settings determine the amount of noise that remains in the finale jpeg image file and the level of detail that will be sacrificed. The noise in Mate 8 pics can be easily removed with very little degradation of the image by post processing with sw like DeNoise or Noiseless (for OSX).
- sometimes the white balance (particularly with a cloudy weather or in the shade) is not spot on
- cannot easily freeze fast moving subjects. For that you need a DRLS or maybe you can get more successful shots with the Samsung S7 camera with its new Dual Pixels technology
Just bought mate 8 few days ago..overall experience..7/10..
I bought this due to several good reviews I read online..
I wouldn't mentioned the good points..I have a few negative issues..
1) Software is still buggy..unresponsive touch..fingerprint ID sometimes required rekeying pin, Notification doesn't show on lock screen even setup as. EMUI still lacking some functions.
2) Camera is the biggest disappointment..all pictures taken are rendered artificially..edges are overly smoother. Auto focus tends to in the wrong place in taken pictures.
3) Sound from right speaker only even though it has 2 speakers openings.
Hope the future software will improve the overall experience..
Joed, 10 Jun 2016just brought the phone 4/64gb 3 day ago n the phone is awesome for me.hi.. i'm planning on buying this phone too...
it's really awesome,huh..
i'm still reading all the reviews from users..
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2016Mate 8 or P9 plus?mate8 is bigger so better to have a try in shop as it may surprise you. then you may be in a better position to have a decision since it's not a cheap device.
far, 10 Jun 2016LG v10 is better or mate 8 or Honor 7? Could you please help me. I want to buy which one of them. Mate 8 but lg v10 is good too I like it's design but the battery discharge quickly thats y I didn't bought v10 so I prefer mate 8 otherwise the choice is all urs
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2016if you have extras, grap mate8. it's proved by its domestic market the very successful model.Mate 8 or P9 plus?
far, 10 Jun 2016LG v10 is better or mate 8 or Honor 7? Could you please help me. I want to buy which one of them. if you have extras, grap mate8. it's proved by its domestic market the very successful model.