AnonD-520565, 30 Mar 2016Ok, it's not an opinion but a question: does the mate 8 support wireless charging? Mine is c... moreNo. It doesn't support wireless charging.. But what it offers is a solid 8 Hours of Screen on Time , ie, almost 2 days of moderate- heavy use & quick charging is enabled. For me that is exactly what im looking for, rather running around for charging ports. And coupled with a blazing fast performance. Well, I think most of the people agree with me on that.
Ok, it's not an opinion but a question: does the mate 8 support wireless charging? Mine is coming those days, but I'd love to know if yes or no before it comes...
Ever, 26 Mar 2016Which spec of Mate 8 belonged to 2014? Point it out instead of bullshitting. True that man! May be that guy is endorsing his Samsung phone.. To be fair, im not a fanboy of any of these brands. My admiration is based on the performance of the phone, regardless of the brand. From my experience Mate 8 is the best phone available. Period. It is exactly what we all are expecting a flagship device to perform. Believe me when im saying this, being a ex-Iphone 6s, Note 5, Note 4, S6 Edge ,Lg G4, Xperia Z5 user.. :) Cheers
Hi Guys, I have successfully updated my Mate 8 in Dubai . I will summarize the changes which i have noticed ;
1. In simpler words, Mate 8 has become super quick after the update( Feels like upgraded from a V10 engine to a V12)
2. Huawei claim better power efficiency over the new update and I have to agree on that. Removed from charger at 100% at 7:00 AM and now its 2:16 PM (in Dubai) having 78% left with a Screen On Time of 3 Hours (Gaming+Facebook/Instagram + Camera etc)!!. Definitely better.
3. I feel camera quality also got better and with better exposure and overall quality. There is a mixed reviews about the camera on this phone. But personally i consider this is one of the best in the current flagships and always got best results on my photos. Low light situations are a bit mediocre though IMO. Remember its the user take the photos not the camera. If you know , there are plenty of options in this phone :)
4. The user control over screen temperature is now unlimited. Try it for yourself.
5. Health App has been added with a simple, clean & accurate interface.
6. Google now on tap feature, exciting for those who make use of it. (Which I'm not using/disabled)
7.Observed a hike in Benchmarks ie, geekbench 3. Single core is now 1750 (Stable) Multicore at 6300+(Stable)
8. Betterment on the already best RAM management ( 2.5 Ram always available even after multitasking for a long time)
Well guys, his is my observation in a nutshell , over 24 hours And must say im really enjoying this smartphone prodigy Mate 8 , than ever. Well Done Huawei! Cheers friends!
Update is old by January 1, must an update for autofocus and Bluetooth !
Mate8, 30 Mar 2016How long it took you for finalising the update? Mine is frozen in 100% with system optimizatio... moreFor downloading the package it depends upon network speed I am in KSA using STC network so it take almost 20min for downloading/installation and system optimization.
You shoud restart your cell phone and try again if it is frozen at 100% may be it is due to some network issue or some bytes remaining for complete package
UsmanMuneer, 29 Mar 2016Got update of 547mb including builtin health app and much more How long it took you for finalising the update? Mine is frozen in 100% with system optimization sentence!!
Yo dude don't comment if you cant speak english, it's just straight up offensive to the eyes. And anyway's this Phone performs better than the S7 Edge and this is from experience
Got update of 547mb including builtin health app and much more
ArsI, 25 Mar 2016Is there any problem for battery may dead about 4 to 5 hours..??I'm a Mate 8 user....I am playing heavy game with this device and it will cost me about 45% of the battery for 5 hours of Heavy Graphic game playing...so can we say it's power efficient??
dmg, 27 Mar 2016hi mike, can you tell me what is the deal with the 2nd sim using the sd slot? is the slot use... moreYou can either use sim2 slot for either SIM or Card. Can't have both 2 SIM + Card togather.
YeyoB, 27 Mar 2016It can be a poor memory managment of the system. Also EMUI (The system's customization of Huaw... moreThanks.. I am now enjoying this phone and a lot of my techy friends are now planning to buy this amazing phone!!
Selo, 26 Mar 2016Hi fellows. I ordered NXT AL-10 model . Does it have any major difference comparing with NXT ... morei m using 64 GB, 4 GB RAM - NXT-L29 last one nd half month...it's suprB fast ....in 4gb version , thr z only 2.27gb ram available for user use...if u ''ll buy 3gb.thn thr ''ll only 1 and half ram...so i think it's bettr u should buy 4gb
Mike07, 24 Mar 2016I just love using my Mate 8. Go for it. It is a very good phone. Reliable, fast never heats up... morehi mike,
can you tell me what is the deal with the 2nd sim using the sd slot? is the slot used concurrently or if you have a 2nd sim you cant use the sd card? This issue is very unclear in all the reviews...
Mate 8 new user, 25 Mar 2016Hello guys.. can someone advised if it is normal to get a high usage of ram without using any... moreIt can be a poor memory managment of the system. Also EMUI (The system's customization of Huawei) can consume memory. It is a posibility
AnonD-313798, 27 Mar 2016Please help. How can I get Huawei Mate 8. I'm based in Zimbabwe. It's nowhere to be found here... morehi guy. You just order online and they will delivered to your door step. Simple right.
32gb and 3gb ram is more than enough for me but depends on user. I love my mate 8 just gr8