Anonymous, 11 Jan 2016Seems to be Excellent Phone, but "Fast battery charging: 37% in 30 min" is it a typo?Just skip to the end if you don't want the gibberish
NO its not, you have to understand that when they say fast charging, its a standard of voltage and amperes altering rather than percentage increase, i believe fast charging is increasing the charging voltage form standard 5V to 9V or 12V depending on the standard... so a typical battery operates at 3.7V so this battery with 3000 mah capacity has 3000mah*3.7V=mwh so 11.1 wh capacity. so a basic 5V charger with 1A outputs 5w (5Volts*1Amp=5watts) of power so it charges the above said battery example in just above 2hrs cause 5w * 2.2hrs = 11.1wh and a fast charging technology uses increased voltage to charge a battery faster than a standard charging, say the fast charging uses 9V with 1A output, it amounts to 9w, which amounts to 9w*1.2hrs=11.1wh so just above an hour to completely charge the above battery example... it does charge the battery faster but eventually degrades the battery life in the long run.... due to higher charging voltages..... this is just so people can understand how fast charging works...
in 30 mins 37% of 4000mah = 1480mah
which is the typical battery capacity of iphone 5(1440mah)
so it charges iphone 5 completely in less than 30 mins do you still think its a typo... :)
AnonD-427577, 05 Jan 2016Only a non-pro these days would try to impress others by talking about 'root' as, when it come... moreI want root to remove bloatware, use TitaniumBackup for backups, make customization via XPosed modules, etc. All this requires root.
What do you mean by "root and then talk about it"??? This is HUAWEI, which need to allow us to root phones.
BTW, I'm not a girl, i'm a boy :)
Agphonenut, 05 Jan 2016Could someone please let me know if this phone will work on uk carriers please thank u How to delete mistaken post?
Seems to be Excellent Phone, but "Fast battery charging: 37% in 30 min" is it a typo?
Like Mate S, here we have a device that is lovable (esp. if you go and grab one in your hand - trust me), BUT then you read weird things in the specs.
Let see (reading the specs from top down)...
1) I am all in for the huge screen, but I don't care about the "but is enough DPI for your eyes" discussion (so you can see with MY eyes?) and now accept QHD as the de facto for large screen flagships. 1080p, no.
2) They seem to have forgotten (!?!?!?) the force touch that is also supposedly coming for the 128GB Mate S, which although I saw demos, I don't think they will release (both the S force-touch and the S 128GB version). Where is force touch?
(note that I don't actually care about this feature and find it stupid - yet, they promised it, so where is it?...)
3) Emotion UI... Does it still lack app folder? (!!!). Also, knuckle-sense (or how they call it): Stupid. Really now. Have it since it is already implemented (and doesn't hurt), but don't advertise it. :D
4) Kirin 950... Yes it supposedly flies. But 1080p makes this, way more easy.
5) Camera seems to be top spec, but "I am not buying" it before seeing tests, since the optics are questionable. Who makes them and with what expertise.
6) WHERE IS 4K capture?
7) ...f/2.0 and 1/2.8" sensor size are not top spec actually. They are just ok.
8) microUSB 2.0 is yesterday news. Yes it is a "practical choice" but we need to move on (and I have).
That said, based on my experience with Mate S, we are talking about TOP BUILD quality (makes the iPhone seem cheap actually!) and fantastic (possibly the best) fingerprint sensor.
I don't know. Certainly good enough device to sell VERY well worldwide and allow Huawei (who are a giant in electronics anyway) build more "international-spec'ed" devices...
I am absolutely in love with this phone, was crushed when it didnt launch in the US after CES. Should I order the international version on amazon or wait until it launches in US? What if any is the difference?
Rick03, 09 Jan 2016I like powerfull machines and I don't have problem to pay for it :-)Then get a mainframe better.
would be much better a Mate 8 mini 5 inch fullhd same specs 3100 mah 78% screen ratio.
I have Honor 7 is it great but 5.2 is too big with massive lower bezel
I would always prefer this site to all for regular smartphones specs.
Anonymous, 09 Jan 2016Then there are plenty of Snapdragon 615 phones, why spend money for Hi-end device for just dua... moreI like powerfull machines, so I want high end cell phone and I don't have a problem to pay for it. My colleague has low end phone and he is always angry because his phone is slow and he has to wait.
Ezequiel, 04 Jan 2016This kind of dual sim is the one you can use both cards but one of them gets unavailable when ... moreCurrently a Mate 7 user and I can confirm this phone dual sim is a real DUAL STANDBY. Means you can actually call both of the sims using two separate phone, both call can go through. It won't like others dual sim card phone, when one is engaged another one is unavailable.
Rick03, 08 Jan 2016I want to have it for business. I don´t use stylus on my Note 4 and I don´t care a... moreThen there are plenty of Snapdragon 615 phones, why spend money for Hi-end device for just dual sim function?