Just got the October security patches. Still happy how often they update this old phone. :)
i love mate9. the finger print on mate 10 made me not like it. i cant afford mate 10 pro.. and now mate 20? i wonder if i will upgrade to mate 10 when the price is drop. is there a huge difference between two? mainly use for camera
Anonymous, 25 Oct 2018Apparently there is, or will soon be a Beta version of Pie for Mate 9 too. Looking like it wil... moreThey are beta testingg the mate 9 pie on the chinese market now, soon the rest should follow
Anonymous, 18 Oct 2018I'm pretty sure this device will get Pie, but as it's an older model it'll have to wait for th... moreApparently there is, or will soon be a Beta version of Pie for Mate 9 too. Looking like it will surely get Pie. :-)
Cyprinut, 27 Sep 2018I've owned this phone for almost a year now. I have been looking at other phones and thinking ... moreI'm in the same situation, I have the mate 9 and would like to upgrade but the phone is still great and still haven't had any problems with it so far. I keep looking for something that isn't long a skinny with that notch. Thinking about the Mate 20 X when the price drops which is usually 3-4 months after the phone has been announced. Did you get a new phone? If you did get the Mi Max3 how is it?
Mi7even, 18 Oct 2018Will we ever get android pie and emui 9? I'm pretty sure this device will get Pie, but as it's an older model it'll have to wait for the newer ones getting it first. This is soon 2 years old already... Time does fly. :)
Anonymous, 11 Oct 2018yes that gesture is done with the fingerprint sensorthanks
Is there option to roll down a notication tab by scroll down on finger unlock button ? like on my honor 8.
Anonymous, 05 Sep 2018This morning my Mate 9 got the August security patch update. And September patches arrived this morning. .375 OTA. C432.
Anonymous, 10 Sep 2018Is it possible to down-grade Mate 9 from EMUI 8 to EMUI 7?When I got 8.0 on my honor 9 there born a option on computer with Hisuite to reverse on 7.0. I tried and work.
I've owned this phone for almost a year now. I have been looking at other phones and thinking about "upgrading", but I can't find anything I'd like better. I also have an original Mi Mix, the ceramic beast with 6.4" edgeless screen, but the camera utterly sucks. I'd like to check out a mi max 3, but again, shittier cameras and slower processor. I hate notch phones and can't stand the trendy 18:9 and up to 19.5:9 screens on many of the new higher end phones. 6.3" you say? Well, heck a Butterfinger bar is 8" long. A long skinny screen does not equal a large screen. I picked up a Note 9 at the store and thought it was silly. The Mate 9 is "only" 5.9", but it's a 16:9 ratio, and it seems like none of the cool newer phones like Mi Mix 2s, Oppo, vivo, even Mate 10 pro have 16:9 ratio anymore.
Great phone, camera, sound and software,. Ok screen resolution but great screen size. I think I'll wait...
I am from India. Recently I got this mobile as a gift from my friend in KSA. This is my first Huawei/Honor device in my life. This is one of the best device I used. Everything is superb and equivalent(or better?) to the flagships, except in the case of cameras. I am using this since last one month and my observations are as follows.
1. great design with high screen to body ratio and with notification light. the camera bump is very slightly protruding. very confident to hold, but slippery if not used with a back cover.
2. I got the black color version and it is very attractive.
3. superb crystal clear display with good contrast, easily visible under direct sunlight.
4. butter smooth touch response. great speed, performance is equivalent or better than many SD-830 mobiles.
5. very quick charging.
6. absolutely no heating even under heavy usage, always at glass temperature.
7. no lagging/hanging even at high end use.
8. clear and very loud speaker output without any distortion which is very useful for ladies, because we keep mobiles in bags/purses. the stereo effect is amazing.
9. very good for music listening. I am using RHA-MA750i head set.
10. good RAM management.
11. very easy to use softwares. lot of very useful software features. no bloatwares. got an update last week with face unlock feature. hope they will provide android Pie update soon.
12. superb battery backup. I am getting 2 full days(or more) backup with 24 hour internet on with social media usage, lot of calls, texting, browsing etc.
13. camera is not up to the mark, only if it is compared with LG V20 or Samsung S7(as per my opinion, these are the BEST camera mobiles in the same price segment), but
far far better than many same kind/priced mobiles.
14. we can use 4G sim in both slots. I am using JIO sim without any additional applications such as 'Jio 4G Voice' and I am receiving incoming calls through Jio sim without any problem, but out going calls using Jio is not possible.