Considering the price is just usd300, you guys expect to have a mate 20 pro specification and features?
In general, I think with that price tag, you get whats you paid for, or even more.
Chee Khuan, 18 Mar 2019HUAWEI Kirin 710 is not an outdated processor if compare with the same price phone from other ... moreIt's outdated. Uses old A53 cores and gpu is g51, not better newer G72,
Uses old bluetooth, and only 1080p video rec.
viswesh, 18 Mar 2019Got it on launch date in Malaysia. Still a good decent phone.
Very rare to see compact phones... moreHUAWEI Kirin 710 is not an outdated processor if compare with the same price phone from other brands.
This processor is a 12nm chip from September 2018. The GPU, Mali - G51 MP4 was from July 2018.
Dragoon, 17 Mar 2019Why no NFC? It's 2019 and they still don't include such feature in a phone that cost over 250$...damn right buddy
i don't know, but probably NFC is really that expensive so they skipped putting NFC for price competition with le chinese.
Got it on launch date in Malaysia. Still a good decent phone.
Very rare to see compact phones now-a-days.
Few first impressions since 3 days usage.
1. Personal opinion - compact one 153*73mm phones are becoming rare now-a-days.
2. Display - Crisp due to lesser height and great screen to body ratio
3. Charging - Supports quick charging (bundled in)
4. You receive screen protector (pre-applied), soft casing (transparent), headset - all these items most of the companies skip; apart from this, headset (half-in-ear), quick charger (18W bundled), Type-C cable - All these come in White color as its Huawei.
5. Battery - 3340mAh pretty decent. First time discharged and recharged full - able to receive up to 6h and 15m of screen on time (which I personally prefer to be 6+) with remaining 20% left
6. You get 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM with 512GB expandable (sim 2) at this price
7. Camera Rear - 24MP shooter is good, 8MP Portrait is impressive - pretty ok with AI
8. Camera Front - 32MP seems excellent
9. EMUI 9 is just fine (preferred Huawei just to stay away from ads)
All these are with stock apps
Can't say much in such a short notice, still few to go:
1. Outdated processor on this budget - Kirin 710 at 300$ is not impressive
2. Battery backup - In case you're a heavy gamer, phone may tend to be heated up a bit
3. Audio output through headset is just good
4. No NFC, FM (most skip this nowadays), wireless charge support
5. Built quality - pretty average compared at this budget, personally prefer Honor Play at this price point just for built quality. Made of plastic but may look premium due to shining finish.
6. RAM management is just average - phone seems to be lagging rarely
Will post/update the comment after my prolonged usage later.
Waiting for GSM's review and endurance rating!
Why no NFC? It's 2019 and they still don't include such feature in a phone that cost over 250$...
Ayman blue, 15 Mar 2019Plz Huawei we need oled display and UD fingerprint scanner for less than 350 dollarsIf you are looking for better OLED screen, that will cost double of IPS panel. IPS is better than cheaper OLED. one+6 has best OLED in lowest price.
AnonD-844967, 16 Mar 2019It is impossible 😑In UAE Galaxy a50 128 GB is selling for 313 dollars so it's possible
Adrj, 12 Mar 2019Aren't already enough Huawei phones?Then don't buy, see, or even listen lo... why waste time here Lols...
Ayman blue, 15 Mar 2019Plz Huawei we need oled display and UD fingerprint scanner for less than 350 dollarsIt is impossible 😑
Great phone: 128 GB for only 270 euros. 99 % of people do not need more than that kind of phone.
Plz Huawei we need oled display and UD fingerprint scanner for less than 350 dollars
Maxtan, 15 Mar 2019Poor graphics card!!At least better than SAMSUNG Exynos 7904 and Exynos 7885.