I've had this phone for almost 3 weeks now. I must say, it's gorgeous to hold and look at; light and fits well in the hand. I'll list the prositives:
1. Screen size is just about right (for me that is) and is bright enough
2. Battery will last through the day and then some if you are a light user. Heavy users will just have the day and a bit. Batter charging is very fast especially if it's 49% and below. You may not notice the 'super fast charging' if it's above 50%
3. The camera is wonderful. Performs as expected especially during the day. Quality night time shooting will require a bit of tweaking the in-built camera app (Pro Mode) to get the best shots. My advice is take time to learn a bit of photography to get the best shots possible
4. EMUI ver.5 is good. I'm a new user to the user interface and I find it easy to navigate. I have not enabled the App drawer and hence I have all my apps on the screen (like iPhone)
5. The navigation 'button' will take a while (depends on how comfortable one is with it) to get used to (switching between apps and closing apps). A couple of days use for me was sufficient to leave it as the only button and for go the on-screen keys
6. The fingerprint sensor (also doubles as the navigation 'button') is super fast. I hardly notice I have the sensor enabled. Its easy to use since one can store up to 5 fingers. For me I have a couple of the both left and right fingers. Note, every 3 days as a security measure, the phone requires one to enter the PIN number. It isn't bothersome; just something to do
7. I have not experienced any lags, so the phone is smooth when switching between apps of screens
8. I am based in East Africa (bought the phone locally and have the requisite version for this region) and yesterday (15-08-2017) received an update (VTR-L29C185B163, 529MB). It mostly dealt with battery optimization (for power consumption), Goolge security patches and twin app patches
The negative aspects of the phone...I'm still looking
All in all, I'd give this phone an 8/10 rating due to a combination of factors, namely: price (bought it for $ 475), size, camera, and smooth and quick operation. Would I recommend it to anyone? Yes I would...again and again (my girlfriend wants one!), though I'm not in an authoritative position to advice one which to pick between the P10 and another phone
Good phone. Reliable and well designed. Only but so far: Charger is too bulky and the cord too short. The charger should be redesigned to be smaller and slimmer and the cord at least twice as long.
Looking to get this phone or the google pixel as they are both the same price and im wanting to venture away from the commercial iphones and Samsung products. If you have either of these would you recommend either one and why?
well recently bought the fone i must say im impressed im a heavy user hasnt froze even once my onli prblm is th display. this fone is perfect but they must work hard on th screen res..super amoled is still boss
DaddyMR, 09 Aug 2017Should I buy mate 9 or P10?What phone size do you want? Then you'll know which one to choose. All other aspects between the two are the same.
got that thingy today im impressed had a honor 7 premium before this is lighter with more durability and longer akku and an impressiv screen
Anonymous, 08 Aug 2017I m useing Huawei mobiles since 2014, my 1st huawei g7 impressed me a lot due to its long last... moreI am an iPhone user since beginning, but all my friends using Huawei say it is a good phone
Frikkie, 08 Aug 2017I read some of the comments and honestly I think my P10 is the best Huawei phone I ever had. I... moreI m useing Huawei mobiles since 2014, my 1st huawei g7 impressed me a lot due to its long lasting battery and after that I bought mate 8 that never hang for a minute in whole year super fast and smooth, then honor 8 for 5 mnths n now p10 which is a really mind relaxing, I love 😍 it
I read some of the comments and honestly I think my P10 is the best Huawei phone I ever had. I used to be a Samsung fan and since I purchased my 1st Huawei it was the P9 Lite, and since then I won't change to another phone. The Huawei is user friendly, easy to operate and fast. I love the phone.
The phone is the worst I had- the camera is too bad - it only takes good photos once in a while - most of the time it is blur
In monochrome mode it is good , at the same time when I switch to Normal photo mode - I get dull and blur images
I had tried all software update - in a nut shell this phone is not a good one to have
Anonymous, 07 Aug 2017Xiaomi is the best of China Huawei is stupid oneOhhhh really.....
P10 is a very good powerful phone no issue, just you need to taught your self that it's a phone, not the only phone in world that u want it to be the last and perfect... Every month so many phones are coming so be limited and don't cross border you ll soon feel relaxed as I felt after realizing the fact... And now enjoying my p10 the king 👑
browsing the WEB eats battery fast, chrome is top on the list of the power intensive app list. Also the phone is not good in terms of gaming, lots of lag showing and frame drops after they updated the phone the quality of the phone was lowered. I got a 150456k score on ANTUTU benchmark but after 2 months I tried it again and it went down to 120145? that is a very big difference. I got a little disappointed on this phone, I'm already planning to sell it in exchange for the iPAD 9.7 that is 200$ cheaper than the P10. This phone is GG.