Can I ask to those who bought this phone about the gaming performance ?
Is there any issue ? lagging while playing ? or not satisfied with the graphics ? or you can feel that there's something wrong with the graphics ? please tell me your reviews about this. also please add what game did you test that you come up with that review.
if the review is good enough.
I gonna decide to buy this phone right away.
PLEASE BUY THE PHONE FIRST BEFORE YOU COMMENT NERDS.
I'm a huawei phone user since P8. ( P8, P9 plus, P10, P10 plus, P20 pro). I assure you the are all great phones in their era. Can I comment?
1st, they (NERDS) CONS:
1. Ok no 3.5mm jack ( they provide the adapter AND the type C headset - what do you need more?
2. No wireless charging ( they provide their own charging tech that can charge your 4000mAh phone in JUST 1.5hrs. IF you don't want that I'll laugh at you any moment.
3. NO GORILLA GLASS ( Its only unspecified just like the a.p.p.l.e. but there's the protrction - if you'll use this as your daily driver, p20 pro can give you that no doubt. And as if any of us will not buy a phone protrection. And hey they give u a nice phone bumper btw.
3. No expandable storage (yeah I know it sucks like a.p.p.l.e, my 128gb stays on p10+... BUT hey you can seemlessly transfer files to your pc nowadays, use otg dongle, the cloud, etc. You purchase a $900 phone and yet you cant think of ways to transfer you files without a hassle?? Ahaha.
4. Optical stab in video (ok im not sure of this but I always use FHD 60fps and Im ok with that, whats important to me is that i can record moments, and i know i can handle my phone properly, bring tripod everyday so it will not shake ahahaha).
5. Design (they always file patents and designs fiest before launching ans they passed. And if your talking about ressemblance, please dont look the X phone didn't copy the notch in L.G or essential phone first or the great great grand smsrtphones way back 2004 - the thing is their other notches have other use/sensors and if you dont know whst they are putting there and you only think that its only blocking your visuals and i suggedt find other phone and dont critisize. Thats not your prrference phone. Period.
The pros? Well so many of them but ill give some in reference for other nerds.
1. Camera - if you are nerdy pls read the review in dxomark https://www.dxomark.com/huawei-p20-pro-camera-review-innovative-technologies-outstanding-results/
2. Battery charging - please read https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/charging-comparison-oneplus-huawei/amp/
3. OS/skin/ whatever - please read https://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/p20-pro/
4. Reviews - see gsmarena ahahaa. Or others if your not contented geesh.
Im not that techie person but overall all phones are capable... Its just that the p20 pro step up more in photography. :) With added features that can make it a flagship phone ( if were on the same understsnding).
RC, 13 May 2018I know it can turn off but the processing is to much. Try that on your PC you will the differe... moreInteresting how you seem to like S9+ over any other phone as "better allrounder", but you stated that you use your brothers Huawei Mate10 that you switched form Huawei P20 Pro. Did you actually use S9+ for a while?? I am wandering how did you conclude that it is "better allrouder"?
Maybe you are right but I didn't see that much of a difference between the two that I could say one is strictly better that the other.
AI can be switched off on P20pro so over saturation that you mentioned isn't a real problem.
Regarding Kirin 970, both P20pro that you had and Mate10pro that you use now have it. What is the problem with it? I see that it has lower clock speed than Snapdragon, but I think that you can see real difference only in large amount of multitasking, and it would be measured in seconds if not milliseconds. And not to forget not all S9 come with Snapdragon, some have Exynos depending on the market.
Anyway, I still think that it is personal preference, both phones are great (like Ferrari vs Lamborghini ;)). And I know that can be scary to see phone bend on youtube :D but if you sit with all your weight on both phones, probably both will bend - P20pro a bit more ;)
Same goes for scratching - pocket change wont scratch any phone, but sharp metal or sand will scratch both.
Huawei drawn my attention.
Nice looking, interesting cameras.
But, Samsung S9+ takes a clear edge in my opinion.
Video stabilization IS WAY BETTER and I couldn'y use Huawei in same way as S9+.
Fast wireless charging in S9+ is perfect.
Sound in stereo with Dolby system is way more advanced.
Quality of sound and conventional headphones input (AKG earplugs are top notch) again is clear advantage.
Super AMOLED on Samsung is simply the best display in the industry. Period.
It has faster processors.
Additional micro SD card (combined slot) of 400 GB seals the choice.
Also, protection seems more solid on S9+
Design wise S9+ still sits on the very top, although nothing to complain on Huawei.
Can I trust Huawei more than Samsung ?
I don't know, Huawei si big company, but it is not such strong brand as Samsung.
Somehow I would trust Samsung more, in general.
I do not see any single advantag of Huawei over current android leading device.
Talking as Apple guy for years, I do not care for names, but for whole package.
Can someone please install telegram app in Huawei P20 pro and can you please check does the app sync with the existing contacts in Huawei P20 pro?
Anonymous, 12 May 2018well,you can turn off the AI in camera if u dont want saturated images. and AI is not just for... moreI know it can turn off but the processing is to much. Try that on your PC you will the difference =) the 40MP RGB is good but like in lumia and N 808, I can peak someone how far they are. Hahaha. Still for all rounder, I will go to S9 plus. Also the dongle on jack in usb type C. annoying haha. I have bluetooth that last me 4 hrs, but it is not enough
Frame is not from aliuminum, its from polier steel... Sorry for my EN.
rc, 12 May 2018Well try to use both phone rather than asking your co work regarding S9 plus. I have both of t... morewell,you can turn off the AI in camera if u dont want saturated images. and AI is not just for camera,it has lots of other advantages also.
AnonD-757304, 12 May 2018Al last, someone understands.
CheersWell try to use both phone rather than asking your co work regarding S9 plus. I have both of these phone S9 plus and P20 pro. Let me tell you about the bend test, purpose of that is for accident, when you accidental sit on your phone, wearing tight jeans or phone was under your back while sleeping. You cant tell what accident happen, that's why durability comes first. Also AI produce over saturated, if you ask me. Well some peope love over saturated photo go ahead. And you miss that the processing is more latest on S9 plus rather than Kirin 970. That's why I gave my P20 pro to my brother and use his Mate 10.
It is funny how people ask: "S9+ or P20 pro - please help me" :D. If you look at almost any flagship today, all are very similar and on the other hand worlds apart. I work at IT company and we are changing mobile phones twice a year so I had the privilage to test a bunch of phones. - Samsung and Huawei as well.
I personaly have Huawei P10 and Huawei P20 as my daily drivers and I love the brand, design and overall how they handle. More of my coleagues use Samsung S8 / S9 and phones are fantastic as well. So it comes to your personal perferences.
It dosent matter what kind of glass is on the phone because glass is very good. On paper Gorilla is better but that doesnt mean stock glass isnt great. Yes, S8 / S9 have "best" screens on the market but when you use both P20 pro and S9, you really don't see that much of a difference (maybe small whent brightness is at the max).
I am not photographer and I use auto filters and photos are very much alike - I personally in 8 out of 10 can't tell difference between 2 cameras. On youtube you can se that 4k video shakes a bit on P20 pro.
I am a big fan of Huaweis EMUI and its "learning" capabilities and how phone gets automatical after few weeks of use.
I chose P20 pro because i think its georgeous! Twilight just looks great. It has large battery so i can watch youtube all day long, listen to music, surf etc.
Like any new allglass phone you have to take care of it but it isnt made uot of paper so don't worry :D
As for youtube bend video - no one in its right ming wouldn't apply so much preasure on a phone to reach its breaking point just for fun so chances of you bending your phone accidently in everyday use is 0%.
So if you like P20 pro, just buy one - it is great phone, looks cool, feels great, great battery and great camera.
If you need really specific stuff like constantly shooting 4k video, and overall perfer S9 design - go for other one. All other differences are marginal.
MirzaSohail, 11 May 2018It's Tie between S9+ and Huawei P20 pro..
Battery, Camera, Looks and Ove... moreBattery & Camera wise P20 pro is far better.
Long term performence is a draw.
Galaxy's design is unique & better.
However, video camera on Galaxy is far better if you want 4K.
Both of them has Stereo speaker & Dolby atmos support.
Screen on Galaxy is the best on market.
So, choose your priorities first, then decide.
Surprised to know that Huawei didnÂ’t mentioned wat kind of screen protection they have used.
Jerryrig bend test broke the front glass of Huawei p20pro so sad ,such an expensive fone and no gorilla glass 5?
I had made up my mind to go for Huawei P20 Pro but itÂ’s hard for me to handle such a delicate fone.
Anyways itÂ’s my personnel opinion.
Below are major reasons to buy Huawei P20 Pro.
Camera is excellent(results are bit closer to google pixel 2xl).
Performance is fine too.
Battery is simply superb.
It's Tie between S9+ and Huawei P20 pro..
Battery, Camera, Looks and Overall Long term Performance are KEY......?