Anonymous, 11 Aug 2010does this phone have FM radio or not.yes it does
is there a manual for this phone in internet because i lost original box with manual?
Whya re there no specs about the processor or the RAM? Since this thing is a smart phone, that is pretty essential info.
This is a pretty decent phone. It looks much better in black. Reception is good and it's decently fast. I assume it'll be even faster if you can get Froyo on it later. The only thing is that the screen resolution is a bit low, but at this price that's expected. Great value phone!
There is no qwerty key-pad. this is needed for end-user who are using public transportation such BUS & Train. it will be very difficult if we are using touchscreen pad
The phone has a good GPS and FM radio.
The Bluetooth version is at least 2.1 since it has simple secure pairing.
Dear this phone has builtin flash for camera see please below features:
Based on Linux Kernel 2.6.29 On 26 October 2009 the 2.0 (Eclair) SDK was released. Among the changes were:
* Optimized hardware speed
* Support for more screen sizes and resolutions
* Revamped UI
* New Browser UI and HTML5 support
* New contact lists
* Better white-black ratio for backgrounds
* Improved Google Maps 3.1.2
* Microsoft Exchange support
* Built in flash support for Camera
* Digital Zoom
* MotionEvent class enhanced to track multi-touch events
* Improved virtual keyboard
* Bluetooth 2.1
* Live Wallpapers
The 2.0.1 SDK was released on 3 December 2009.
The 2.1 SDK was released on 12 January 2010.
- Good Features
- Good Response with 526Mhz Arm Proc and 180MB RAM
- Quite sensitive touch feature (and loves the haptic/vibrate response when typing)
- New games experience games like in the iphone :)
- GPS signal is very bad indoor
- Wifi hot spot feature not working well with my notebook (sometimes the connection dropped)
- Battery capacity is too small (suggestions: turn off GPS, and set the data signal in 2G when not requiring high speed browsing)
- Cannot join Wifi with proxy address
- Did i have the different type cell phone? because there's only 3.2MP camera, no flash, no secondary camera
Overall : quite satisfied, Price performance 8/10
This handset Indra Indonesia named AVIATOR, because it's function as a traveling guide. One HP his key features is WiFi tetherring function, mean it can be a wireless router so we can create our own HOT spot anytime and anywhere.
It's been out at Indonesia.. This phone also known as Huawei Aviator.. Good because it can be an hotspot.. Bad because its battery is worst..
YSK, 05 Jul 2010Just bought it 2 hours ago.
+Exchange push email is working
+just find out that the battery capacity is too small, I wish I can find the higher capacity battery.
Just bought it 2 hours ago.
+Exchange push email is working
+Not yet found
@andry: wifi router means you can turn this huawei u8100 into hotspot. It will become a wireless modem connect by using wifi. Just like if nokia symbian use joyku.
Huawei launched the U8100 in Indonesia yesterday. they changed the name to Huawei Aviator and it's price is around USD220.
and as far as i remember, Huawei representative said that this phone has built-in Wifi router.
hmm, wonder what does that mean?