GSM Arena really helped me in making decision which smartphone to buy so I'm paying back the favor to other reviewers by writing my experience on this phone which I now own for 2 weeks.
Things that I really like about ideos x3:
1. good android phone for first time users and great value for money for USD175 (Metphone Cambodia). The capability of android phone is way way fantastic as compared to traditional nokia phone which i previously have. I feel like owning a mini computer.
2. camera is great for daylight/outdoor shots
3. screen brightness can be easily adjusted if your outdoors so that you can still see/read the screen
4. it has radio, mp3 player, gps, bluetooth, data switch which you can easily turn on and off to save battery and data (if your phone credit is limited).
5. it allows you to download heaps of application from android markets and store it in your SD (this is my favorite) and run it on the phone without problems.
6. touch screen is super responsive/sensitive and quick.
7. it has front vga camera (could be good for Skype call but haven't tried yet).
8. the android OS 2.3 version (the latest currently) allow me to download free application in markets which is not compatible with lower version of htc, Motorola etc. (i feel bad for those who had paid more for such phone)
9. Home screen animation for the widgets have various options (transparent cube is my favorite)
10. Games does not lag (just not sure if that will change once I installed more games)
11. The size and weight of the phone is just enough for me to keep & carry in my pocket.
12. Again, I did not have to pay so much money just to enjoy android phone. And that's the biggest like!
Things which could have improved (but can be ignored because of the price or I'm not prepared to pay way too much money for specs I could rather ignore):
1. Camera flash for indoor or night shots not in place
2. camera button should be outside the phone not on the screen as I find it difficult to make a shot if I'm included in the photo shoot.
3. radio require that you plug the earphones.
4. I find installing a lot of applications somehow hangs the phone for a few seconds before switching to another. perhaps this can be easily corrected by downloading from the Markets a clean-up application to help the RAM.
5. Battery should be charged at least everyday specially if you used it heavily during the day (eg playing games). But this is a common problem with ALL smartphone as I read in other reviews.
6. wish it's compatible with Kindle application.
7. Pinch to zoom out/in only works with photo gallery but not with the web browser. Though the text can be small, medium, or large or the view can be far, medium, or near which may take a while to switch rather than automatic compared to pinch to zoom.
8. Screen can be small for war games (e.g. Inotia3)
9. qwerty key board is too small to select the correct letter. I solve this problem by switching to 12-key phone pad or CooTek T+
10. I wish I can use the USB cable plug to share the internet from PC to the phone (so I can save internet data usage)since I do not have wifi router at home.
BUT OVERALL, I'M VERY HAPPY WITH IT.
Hope this help you guys. Happy smartphone hunting!
and sorry for the long review...
KRIZELED, 24 Jul 2011is this available in the philippines?? how much will it cost??In Philippines, you can buy via ebay.ph which is around 9K pesos if I'm not mistaken (you can re-check).
I bought mine in Cambodia at Metphone shop at Monivong Blvd Phnom Penh (distributor of HTC in Cambodia) for 175USD with 1 year waranty (touch screen and other parts have less than a year warranty).
any one in Tanzania with this 4n, i need help how i can configure my internet settings
Very satisfied with this smartphone! Extremely reliable and very complete.
Camera is very competente, both in photo and video.
Yo tube, gps, maps, google maps, google browser, music player, video player, wifi, facebook, twiter, android games... goes on and on.
Don't sop in aplications, runs very smmothly!
(sorry for the inglish)
when will huawei x3 release in india.please tell me.im eager to buy this
Orange Stockholm is actually Huawei Ideos X1 ,not how you guys said Ideos X3. First check then post about it.
Check this out...