can any one help me to make this phone read and write arabic language after upgrad it to gingerbread?
Anonymous, 20 Dec 2011My battery dies in a day. Not in atleast 380h. Yes, even if I don't do anything with it.Hey dude, I'm using CM7 with Franco.Kernel, my battery lasts 5 day without any use, 2.5 day with so much sms, music, 3g-data and moderate wifi usage. or 7 hour with 3d game usage ;-)
I have owned this handset for about two months now and here is what i have to say about this:-
1. The build quality of this phone is excellent. It feels solid and offers a good grip owing to its back texture. the size is just perfect to be able to use with one hand. I can vouch for the quality as i have unfortunately dropped this phone twice facedown and it has survived both falls scratch free.
2. Performance is very good. I have upgraded to CM7 2.3.7 overclocked to 1.5 GHz and the phone is a breeze. No Hiccups at all. I am able to play games like asphalt without lag.
3. Battery life is GOOD by any standards. I get more than a day with wifi on and lot of surfing and calling.
4. The screen is awesome. At 3.8 inches it offers Very high resolution and is very bright. Viewing is never a problem even under broad daylight. The text is crisp and clear. Watching HD (720p only) videos is a pleasure on this screen.
5. The camera is a big disappointment. The photo quality is poor by all means. The video captured at 720p also lags and is not good. The phone lacks a front camera which is another turn off.
6. Call quality is average and the phone earpiece / speaker seems to be quite dull. In a noisy place it can be a little difficult to take calls.
7. Flash content is supported and that is a BIG plus point in the amazing web experience the phone gives. WIFI has never given me any problems yet and speeds on 3G are good too.
8. Another negative is the lack of FM radio. But you can carry lots of music in 16 Gb card or tune into an internet radio station on the move.
Overall i am a satisfied customer. For a price of 13k what i have got would cost me >20-25k if i bought a so called BRANDED phone. So all you guys in doubt, just go ahead and buy it. I am sure you will not regret your decision.
My battery dies in a day. Not in atleast 380h. Yes, even if I don't do anything with it.
jaemi, 18 Dec 2011can this phone used to make a video call?No,,,because no front camera
Nora, 15 Dec 2011I can't open and send mms.. what can I do?Brother for this problem U have to call to ur network operator to send U settings for mms so then U can go ahead to see n send mms call to ur network customer care no. Think it will work
I got this phone today and am lovin it soo far. Cant wait to try oit more features tomorow
its awesome phone
the one who trying to buy android phone
is now the time to buy ideosx5
Anonymous, 11 Dec 2011Does anybody know where I can get the PC suite foe this phone? You can download from Huawei web cite named HISUITE.
Anonymous, 11 Dec 2011Does anybody know where I can get the PC suite foe this phone?
You can download the Huawei U8800 x5 PC client here http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&downloadID=Mzg0NjA=
my handset was locked ..now it was asking user name and password to enter.but it was not accepting any mail and password ..what is the solution for this
Huawei officially released a second Beta Gingerbread update for U8800 X5 on 07-12-2011.
You can download it from here http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDMzMTU=
I am going to try it tonight.
I downloaded and Installed the official Gingerbread Beta update from the Huawei website.
I believe it was pulled out since it is not stable. Sometimes wifi returns an error which I have to reboot to rectify.
Otherwise, the UI is smooth and cool. Editing is on point when doing documents or Text Messages.
It comes with Huawei Social Phone Integrated social apps (Twitter and Facebook).
Eagerly waiting for a stable v. 2.3.5
ashraf vp, 04 Dec 2011This phone nice but one problem this phone some time hanging why? What do you mean???
i tray to download the new softwear Gingerbread put the site does n'y allow me to download it who can help me?
Gingerbread announced but taken back afterwards, because it was beta with a lot of wi fi problems,in couple of days one more beta with less wi fi issues will be presented. Full gingerbread also will be supplied at 30 December. These were news that i learned from internet