has anyone tried window 6 in this phone. does win6 boost its performance then win5?
I have been using Jasjam since fe months.. But now I face few problems..sum1 plz help..
1)Battery life have come down..How can I boost my battery life??
2)There is always range problem..Once the range goes..even when the range comes back..I wont be able to recieve or make calls...So I have to Reset the phone..
3)when ever I do soft rest with Stylus Rs5/- goes from my balance..
Rest of the functions are rocking....I am using the telstra version...
push email can be used in all I-mates(with update)of coarse you need an exchange server.To get the most out of your device look here http://www.xda-developers.com
The touch screen of my phone is not working as the stylus is not working on it, rest of the functions are working properly without any problem could any one please help me how I can get rid of this problem
Hey i have a question for u , dont mind but is there a push email services available in imate handsets . if yes , which are the models . could u please send me the photographs.
Answering to the question of this guy. this phone has windows media player which u propably doesnt even have on ur computer. answered ur first question.
gettin charged if go on net so if u have wireless router in your house internet then u can use it with W-lan and u wont get charged.
Hi people, if anyone reads this can you please answer my questions? And send them to my email? :)
Im thinking of buying this phone, i was wondering, does it have a built in mp3 player? Does it cost to go on the net? Is it touchscreen? Whats Wi-Fi?
Hi all,ive had new cd sent out by Telstra
It fixes all problems such as frezing,frezing when trying take photo,ads new progams,increased signal power,up by 2 bars where i live
All,sorted execpt on top right where u press to axcess E Mail,dont work
Works when u tap screen but not farst asess button
Id sugest that some on here,dont reefer 2 persons been dum,as tecknogaly move,s 2 farst 4 some
It would appear we have some imposters in the house!lol.How on earth can someone who claims to own this phone write how can i transfer files from laptop to storage card?Surely to goodness you have installed activesync.Seems the device is smarter than it's owners.Tip no1 install SKTools.
I bought the Jasjam here in Saudi Arabia (Jarir Bookstore), I have not had any problems, accept for the 3G connection - it sux...calling STC for the 3G configs is not helpful at all, so I am now stuck with a large, expensive, PDA phone. Advise you to play with one before buying.
The camera is very dark. The face is not at all bright. 3G is not working. It worked for only 2 days. They say the operation system to be reflashed. I am not able to play mobile TV. platform 4 to be downloaded. Where I will get this ? Media Library is not stable. After creating, immediately the storage card details are vanishing. Phone voice is clear. Contact synchronisation is too good. But, do I need a phocket PC for contacts and phone ? Useless features. Useless phone.
I tried to transfer music files from my laptop to jasjam. I have a storage card of 1GB. How to change the storage location to the SD card.
* Reasonamble battery life compared to what I originally expected.
* Great tool for checking email on the fly. I have mine configured to auto collect email every 15 mins. Hardly uses any more than 3 meg a month doing this (and this includes 3 seperate POP3 accounts), as I only ever download 15k headers to find out what message is about, and that way, when I'm out of the office, I always know if someone has tried to contact me via email.
* Very loud speaker / ringer! Probably the first phone I've had where I can't complain about not being able to hear the ringer in one condition or another! Well done in that area!
* Love the torch (flash fill from camera - which I use as a torch frequently).
* The way the controls are layed out, it makes it possible to use the unit using one hand only to control various programs without stylus).
* Very easy to set up as a Modem for laptop / computer compared to other phones I've used.
* Charges via usb connection. Allows me to charge plugged into power point, in car, or via computer. (The latter a big plus to me personally!).
* Non-volatile memory. I can pull out the battery, and all information remains!
* Locked down snooze options for reminders. You only have a limited amount of snooze options (and no options between 1hr and 1day!) This is locked down that much that even 3rd party applications can't modify the snooze options for outlook/calendar reminders. :-(
* Snoozes are easilly missed / sent to background if initial alarm missed, and another activity (such as phone call) goes off. Too easy to miss reminders without 3rd party apps. In short - the whole snooze process could do with a complete rewrite, with more options.
* Operating system is too bulky / slow for normal operation. Too many tweaks required out of the box to make it useable IMO.
* Keyboard doesn't Lock properly. Very easy to slide out accidently.
* Phone software - does not allow you to answer with Speaker.
* Phone software - does not allow you to switch from bluetooth to speaker without first disabling bluetooth.
* Phone software - grossly slow. Delay from when you press buttons to when you hear 'tone' of number
* Phone software - does not allow you to delete all messages within a particular folder. (Such as delete all incomming SMS's only, but leave all outgoing, etc). Only options are 'Delete ALL' - which deletes everything, or delete individually.
* Software does not allow connecting to internet automatically while connected to PC via USB, even if the PC has internet. Too much tweaking required.
* Internet browsing way too slow, unless using telstra connection with telstra proxy, or confusing configurations with DNS settings.
* Can't set ringer and vibrater to operate at same time.
* Would have been nice in this day and age to have built in GPS.
* Doesn't come with a built in / default MPEG player.
* Hitting X button up top right corner does not close programs - but keeps them running in background. Can cause many background programs to stay running, and slow down
operating system (even more than normal use!)
* Sometimes external buttons won't work right after 'waking up' (such as phone ringing), and you need to tap screen to answer calls, etc. (Software bug/related)
* Can't assign own ringtones / mp3 ringtones to ringer without 3rd party apps.
* Can't assign group ringtones, or ringtones for certain contacts without purchasing 3rd party apps. (Old standard Nokia phones even allowed us to do this!)
* Need converter to plug in headphones. Headphones connect via usb interface.
* No option to backup programs/settings/etc when you upgrade the ROM. You lose everything, and have to reconfigure and reload from scratch each time their's an update.
My first impressions of the jasjam unit were of great dissapointment. My 7 year old Palm Vx which I have used constantly until I purchased the jasjam seemed better in many areas, and I couldn't believe that my 7 year old Palm Vx was kicking Microsofts WM5's Operating system's but when it came to practical use! My biggest erk was the snooze
options. (And after a brief google search for a solution, I found that I wasn't alone, and there was no solution) :-(
I persisted with the unit, getting many 3rd party apps and making registry changes to fill in some of the downfalls the unit first offered, and find it now useable, but have had to submit to a few different ways of "doing things" (less efficient) than what I orignially had with my Palm Vx. Thankfully I have found a palm emulator software that allows me to run palm apps on my imate. I still get to use some of my favourite applications. :-)
The imate jasjam unit itself is IMO a well made piece of equipment, but is severely let down by the operating system! The only alteration I would make to the hardware would be some sort of small lock to pull the keyboard out (say a button on the side, etc) to stop it from constantly sliding out.
As you can see from my Con's above - most of them are software related, and you can pretty much blame Microsoft, with a small part of the blame I believe going to Telstra when relating to their customisation for their network). I think they really want you to use their mobile bigpond connection even if you have your own wifi network, or connected to a laptop.
The phone software / GUI interface module could certainly do with a complete overhaul.
My experience with NextG video calls are pretty much poor. Bad lag, and very jerky video graphics. I think they've tried pushing the technology out way too early, but then
again, it doesn't worry me - because I can't see myself using that feature much at all anyway.
The memory within the unit is also a little dissapointing. When I could go out and purchase a $50AUD 2GB microSD Ram card and shove in the unit, I would have thought that it should have been rather simple for them to have started with at least 512mb of ram as a default, and not the ~50mb you get to start with.
Does anyone from this site who bought this unit in Saudi Arabia? Is there any specific problem being countered any units bought here in Saudi Arabia? I am planning to buy this week.