I have had the Cingular 8525 Jasjam for about a week. After some initial setup "bugs" I have been very pleased with its function. My main uses for the device are:
1) Cell phone (Works well with Motorola Bluetooth car kit and earpiece.)
2) Pager - Issue: Notification Setting does not stay as requested ... it resets back to Active sync "sound". If anyone knows the fix for this, please let me know. Hopefully a software update from Cingular or HTC will fix this snag.
3)Calender function thru Outlook (Heavy usage) After having to hard reset once during setup, it syncs quickly and accurately.
4) Email - After settings were figured out, the email funtionality is excellent. I have set up my comcast and it works well. The text messaging works great as well.
5) Internet Explorer - Compared to my 2 & 1/2 year old IMATE with GPRS connectivity, the UMTS signal and setup on the device is a great improvement in speed and usability.
6) Although I have not used it yet, I am told by Cingular that this device will work well as a high speed modem for a laptop. I will update this site when I have a chance to use it.
NOTES: The only thing that this device lacks is a built in GPS receiver, which can be addressed either through Cingular or a stand alone bluetooth GPS setup.
dear friends. i bought the i mate jasjam in dubai, it looks wonderful but i cant set up the phone because its a part in english and a part in arabian. can you all help me how to change the language and to set the english one?
Finally received my repaired Jasjam after 34 days in the shop. Users be aware that the US-based shop CANNOT repair Jasjams and need to send the unit to Dubai, so don't expect any quick repair work.
The shop replaced the LCD (problem: faulty stylus screen entry) which has been the plague of Jasjam and other models related to this platform (all these are made by the same OEM company, HTC in Taiwan). This problem has been reported at several instances in this site, including HTC's TyTn and reflects the overall reliability issues (or complete lack of it) for most HTC manufactured devices. So, don't waste your time and money.
Hi, I am planning to by JASJAM. Need favor from you guys for following of my queries.
1) Am Planning to buy it in India, but will I be getting good support/service for the same in US?
2) Are there any issues in terms of o/s, application or device itself like I read some reviews stating it needs a frequent re-set.
3) Is it a good buy compared to O2 XDA Orbit/Trion/mini S?
I have been looking at both the Jas Jam and the Jas Jar and trying to make a comparison. Clearly, they don't come standard with GPS yet there are quite a few on eBay advertising GPS features. Can anyone provide me with info about GPS and also whether you can connect to Vodafone and how successful (or not) this is?
Why do people with very little knowledge buy a pocket pc and then moan?Participate in a dedicated forum or yahoo group and learn how to use the device.If you don't fancy that buy a simple S.E. or Nokia smartphone.
1. Bluetooth connections with car phone mostly all models dosen't work.
2. Synch process needs long process (10 minutes or less), if not works need to re-install the Windows Synch on the PC again with deleting the pairing information at the PDA.
3. Some repeated alarms (Outlook users call it Recurrence) when request to snoze after one day it won't work, specially the appointed that being edited and within a series.
4. No available accessories (case, screen protectors...etc.).
5. Keyboard is not nessocary at all!!.
6. Both Cameras is not clear within night time, even if you use the Flash light.
1. For Arabic users, the support for Arabic is better with one point of view notice within SMS.
2. WLAN & 3G services(Video Calls, internet) is very nice.
3. The ultimate useage of the Win Mobile 5 with the processor, no need to soft reset for the device all the time.
4. Availability to install programs in the memory card.
P.S.: I was using I mate 2020 and used Nokia communicator and SE P910i, I liked I-mate more and with the 3G support of JASjam I liked it more. My point of view only people who used Win Mobile 2003 will know what I mean. Thank you.
Frankly the imate product range are heaps of ****. I have an imate jamin and an imate jasjam and they are both broken. the jamin failed whilst on charge and i refused to pay the $300 charge to replace the screen. I also have the jasjam which is in the telstra repair yards waiting for a new mainboard with no eta on repair or delivery. Both devices failed within one month of signing the contract with telstra. And telstra has been of no help at all. Their customer service has been abysmal with their only suggestion being to pay them off or pay out the contract. Unsurprisingly the offer to pay out over $1200 for the privelege of owning 2 broken phones does not appeal. as usual telstra's solution has been "if you dont like it, leave"So now i am paying for two phones that are A) not in my possession and B) both broken. Both models had to be constantly rebooted and both models would 'freeze' when someone phoned in. I now pay $160 per month for the privelege of using a telstra loan phone (an i mate jam) which has surprisingly not failed. all in all i am underwhelmed with the product and will never consider them again. or telstra.
well , since i bought this cell i have been facing problems, fist i had problem with night mode picture. it was not clear so ihad to go for new software. then i had to face hanging problem and at the end i was totally not able to answer any call while using the application. over all it a gadget with many function but it cant carry burden of thez functions. tht wat i felt,
I had Imate PDA2K, I never had any problem with PDA2k, than i bought JASJAM, but it has some software issues and I have to reset JASJAM twice or maybe 3 times in a day. I bought JASJAM in October and the main Problem still the Accessories are still not available, like Leather Cover. I search in Dubai but No where is Available.
HTC (Taiwan based company) is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) that designs and manufactures smart phones as well as PDA phones for different customers and I-Mate is one of them. The base design for the I-Mate's Jasjam is HTC's TyTn which is also the same as Model 8525 for using Cingular Wireless label for the US market.
So far, the reliability record of the TyTn (and equivalent devices) has not been stellar. I will provide the link to a Taiwan website indicating most of the fundamental reliability problems due to faulty design.
Orared mine too day,so will poast coments here when it arives
Sorry about spelling,but i was raised in real out back,little to no schooling
So ill have fun when i get my i mate
Cheers Peter NSW Australia north coast
Reception is very bad, costs me a fortune in having to return "dropped out" incoming calls.
Screen has been replaced already, it seems very fragile.
Sync fails often
Requires soft reset often.
I heard this phone is being replaced by the HTC TyTN range. Do anyone know forsure ?
If you want to Sync with Lotus Notes you need to purchase a program from IBM called Lotus EasySync Pro.
In Australia you can buy this from the IBM website
please can anyone help me ?
I formated my jasjam and now i dont have the Arabic support or the multi language ,and i need it so bad ,WHERE CAN I GET IT ?
if you know please email me