Curly, thks for being frank, Appreciate a lot :-) Haha, it's not i not interested in the phone, I am playing safe :-)
Ok, I found 2 shops in SS2, PJ, same row as where they hang the big roasted duck - selling A20 at RM1460 :-)
Viper & Curly, what are the f/w problem that you have not mentioned?
I guess you are right, Viper. One of the other reasons for me to buy this phone is because I like underdogs with potensials. Even though this phone has its flaws, but I think Innos futurephones will just get better and better. Now they only need to implement bluetooth, qvga screen and camera with autofocus =)
For me, I used most of the brand before, like motorola, nokia, samsung, panasonic, sony ericsson.
I think the reason this time I go for Innostream is because it is something else than the above brands. Different menu and look & feel.
Like I mentioned before, if you see a phone that catch your eyes at the first sign, then you will most likely will go for it regardless of all the opinions you hear around.
Hi li tan, after i read all of your opinion, in myself, i feel you are really not happy with Korean phone. It may be true that you have a very bad experience with your VK Mobile phone. But this brand might be different. I'm not sure that you still remember a case on Ericsson T28. By that time, user brought the phone around 3K. But less than a month of using the phone, it cannot turn on. Send for service but after a month, same problem. That time people also complaint that Ericsson phone cannot use cause always cannot power on....
But today, the same people saying those words, is still using Ericsson phone but only the brand name is change to SonyEricsson. So what is the different between Ericsson and SonyEricsson.
But a model have problem is not mean the brand is suck.....right.
I still believe that, we should give a try to any brand as long we like the particular model......Hope you will not have bad feeling....... :)
Hi, is me again, the curly. It seem like have few people hav interest about INNO A20. About the pricing issue, is true Southall is selling at RM1599.00 even by the time i bought. I visit them and sorry to said no discount.:)
Is normal for user to ask for discount, but a guy told me, they cannot give discount because of some biz issue. Than i realise is true cause if a distributor can easily get discount than no dealer will buy thing from them and as consumer also no need to buy thing from dealer.
Advice....if want to buy, like li tan said, better buy from dealer at Low Yat. But hav to be cash term, if not need to pay extra charge for 3% when using credit card.
To Viper & other A20 owners,
Of all phones, why INNO?
To me it was the design and clear/crisp/loud ringtones that caught my 1st attention
So far no reception issue, voice able to hear by another party without any issue and the signal stay on as it should be. However I do face 2 times of signal drop inside my room. Think might cause by the unclean signal reception at my housing area.
No usb cable file transfer issue. Able to perform as it should be, fast and error free.
Well.. for sure SE able to do so, but I don't deny that their phone can be considered top edge even I go for Innostream this round.
Anyone can post on the page what is the code for checking this phone's firmware?
There is one and only 3D game, a track racing game. Just a normal time killing game, nothing fancy about it.
1. Yes, yes, pls state all the feature problems over this phone.
2. You all have been warned, Korean h/ps firmware/software are very buggy but their hardware is up to standard. I have bad experienced with VK mobile - AAArgh!
3. Aiyo! U call Southall, sure expensive - main distributor, sure cut throat. Go to Low Yat or Subang Parade - under RM1500.
4. One IMPORTANT question I forget to ask for those who owned this phone - HOW IS THE RECEPTION ON BOTH ENDS?
5. Price and feature are main concern when buying the phone - they must be value for money. W800 is toooooo expensive, but SE can do that cos they are the top three hp company- having the attitude: "u dun by, SO?" :-)
6. I own an Alcatel OT756. If any of u guys have budget below RM700 - this is a good phone. Problems:
1. Not a megapixel cam
2. 4MB share memory
3. NO Bluetooth
Why everybody said the price of Inno A20 is RM14++, Just called Southhall this morning and they said the price is RM1599.00.Too expensive for me .Keep saving a little more money and better get a S.E W800 or K750i.I think more function than these A20.Thanks.
Hi there everyone,
was wondering whether those currently using this phone, do u experience problems when using the usb cable to download items such as mp3 files or movie clips into the phone?? coz after reading the other opinions about the other models of innostream phones saying about problems... so would really like to know.. thanks for all ur response...
I was talking to a taiwanese guy that had the phone. He told me the latest firmware is 2005/8/5. Can you guys that have the phone check if you have the same firmware?
How are the games? It says 3D games in the homepage. What are the problems with the current firmware? Thx for all the info.
Some standard information on the package for this phone:
1. Phone Set
2. Travel Charger
3. Standard Battery (1)
4. Stereo earpiece (which can plug in your own headphone)
5. USB cable (for PC)
6. User Manual
7. Phone string (leather, hmmm...)
Basically the bad things about the phone would be more in the function/feature which I think is caused by the first version firmware and I hope Inno will come out the second version to fix all these issues soon. Just wondering anyone do bring their phone for firmware upgrade, any charges from Southall?
I would like to compare this phone by the price of around RM14++ with others. For those would want feature this phone offered, you might want to consider the following as the feature is quite similar:
1. Sonny Ericsson W800i or 750i (but more expensive)
2. Motorola V3 (but low end camera and less memory space)
3. Panasonic VS2 (not good looking but cheaper in price)
4. Nokia 6630 (cheaper but ringtone is bad)
Overall, honestly this phone should be sold around RM1200 and not more. But hey, come on guys, if you like the phone, you will go for it even it is expensive, less features compare to others. Why you might ask? Simple, because you like how the phone looks and you like the way you hold and use it, right? ;)
Be honest, I think until now, no one will even find a phone which is having all the good things (almost perfect) that you want and yet with a price tag that is reasonable for everyone.
i would really like to know what kinds of problems did u face with ur Inno90 and in overall ur total experience with the Innostream brand. Thanks so much..
Sorry but i would really like to know what comes as a standard package together with the phone??? ie how many pieces of battery etc etc... thanks for all ur responses...
Aiya,i forgot to tell u guys that i try the earpiecet that in the package, this earpiece can be a converter and i can plug my Altec Lansing speaker in to the earpiece, good sound and then i Bass Boost came to place, i can have EXtra bass effect, good good good.
I discover few mistake from what i read from ur guys since i have A20.
1.The MP3 can be the ringtone and even u can set different MP3 to different type of caller group, this is wht i using now, biut first at all u need to store all ur MP3 to the default folder in MMC call' Sound '.
2. The voice memo i try to record all long as i can , i sing and i scream until 60min, haha, now i have a voice recorder.
3. I have download a converter from the site call download.com call Imtoo Mpeg converter, i convert the VCD MTV to MP4, good quatity, and even i can set as the wallpaper.
4. IFor MP3, i also discover that the side button can change the preset equalizer but if i press and hold for 3 sec, i can customise the equlizer and i have better quality of MP3 sound.
5.the sms is i argree is boring that cannot push any MP3 as the sms alert, Innostream should take note of that .
6. i try to download the Mflash that previouly mention through GPRS, i can have Mobile Karaoke and nice wallpaper and...even very sexy girl picture with song and speacial effect..haha.but only available for those knon mandarin bcox it it a chinese website.
7. the picture that i take with A20, i can view it and enlarge the picture wit the phone. Get want i mean?
8. Actually i did experince the service in southall also when my Inno 90 time, i take me only 2 hour bcox i request i want to have it back at the same day, since i already onleave on that day. but maybe different people will have different luck, or maybe i Handsome hahaha
9. Overall, i ok with the phone rate 8/10 for this ...l loving it
Bye, tata, be good my friends.
I too am serious abt. getting this phone. But knowing this phone is from Korea, only 1 service center in PJ,Kelana Jaya and have bad experienced owing a Korean phone (VK mobile), I need to play safe.
Hence, wait for another six months for users feedback (eg. Curly & Viper & MIT) to get to Inno for them to do the changes. From there, get the new batches of A20.
Having said that, it doesn't mean the 2nd batch will be 100% OK :-)
If you are VERY serious abt. this phone, go to Southall, Kelana Jaya, near the MAS office. Ask them what is the defect rate for INNO-A20 and also ask what are the main complaints ppl use come with with this phone. Also ask when is the new SW coming.
OK-back to A20:
1. Only preset tone for SMS & MMS - LIMITATION!!! BOOO!!!!!!
2. Poor battery life span - LIMITATION!!! BOOO!!!!
3. Same ringtone for all profile set - LIMITATION!!! BOOO!!!
4. Camera at the side, difficult to catch a funny moment - LIMITATION!!! BOOO!!!
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to whack on INNO-A20. It's quite pricy RM14XX & I need to be careful on my next h/p.
Keep us updates.
Hi there everyone,
I'm seriouly considering getting this phone but i have some reservations about the brand in particular its after sales service quality and the phone's long term quality. Apart from that i'm oso worried that the phone may get into problems as seen in the other phones before this as i intend to use it for quite a while before changing it. And some question about it's swivel action whther those who r currently using it does it feel in anyway loose or wobbly. Apart from that i would oso like to know of if the phone has stereo surround speakers like the p10. Apart from that if the current users would b kind enough to let me know whaat comes along with the phone as a standard package (ie battery, usb cable etc) thank you all so much...
this is to any owner of a A20..
i was wondering ,, when you tilt the screen to a 90 degree angle like a camcorder does the display on the screen change from being 'potrait' to 'landscape'??? Or do you have to change it manually??
hope someone can answer this..
thx guys ;)