Hi Li Tan. I will send you all the software and ringtones that you need, but you have to wait till after new year western calendar, because im on my holiday right now.
About the cracking sound on the startup/shutdown.. its same on my phone.. you can do as I do, when you start up or close down, when you hear the sound start to play, just close the flip, and the sound goes away.
hey li tan! thanks for the extra info
recently my bro got his w550i and he has been showing off his sound and all while i'm still using my old alcatel 735 (argh!!!!!). It somehow urges me to get this inno a20 more faster in order to retaliate >.<
bao, kindly send your mp4 s/w and ringtones to email@example.com
1. thks, i am able to play video recorded on quicktime player. the quality is acceptable
2. btw, can you please send me the application to convert movies to MP4 format & from MP4 to MOV/AVI - thks!
3. also, can you send me the ringtones that u used, that u mentioned it's loud and u never miss a call
4. sometimes when i push the volume too loud, i hear a cracking/hissing sound as though the loudspeaker is going to burst. might be the ringtone is already loud. bao, u can try this, everytime when u turn on/off the phone, there is an innostream start up page - do u hear that cracking sound when A20 play that video/music? hope u know what i mean. do u think the loudspeaker will burst if we set to max volume and the ringtone has already been tuned up by using software (eg. goldwave)?
5. another s/w bug that i have found - in silent or quick silence mode, the shutter sound is still heard when taking a picture - there goes my candid shot...
loong, all A20 has old f/w - Aug 2005. New one is OCt 05.
For those of us that are unable to run to our local store to buy this phone, a.k.a the U.S., enter here: http://www.wapzon.com/web/prodetail.asp?Pid=6441 Found this to be the only site to carry this phone. Has anyone here heard of them, and if so are they reliable? Gonna go ead buy as soon as I save abit more money and I'll be sure to let you all know if everything went okay.
hey litan thanks for the info on where you got the phone. Yup its sure a good deal(RM1200 with 128mb MMC card), klang inno a20 was really expensive here around RM1400 when my bro ask from the shop he usual get the phone from T.T. I guess i'm going to 1U to get the phone too then or maybe search around other places too. Li tan the inno a20 that you get, the firmware isn't the latest version? If anyone of you can find where to get the phone at a much cheaper price please tell me ^^. budget tight these days -_-'.
To watch your mp4 files, simply install quicktime and use its player. Most people has this installed anyway.
When it comes to ringtones, mine is so loud that I never miss a call. I use an mp3 as ringtone, if you do so too, check the quality of it.
And we seem to agree, the biggest downside of this phone is the sms shait. ;)
Did I send to you the app to convert movies to mp4 so you can watch movies on your phone?
bao, what software do u use to play the mp4 video on PC after recording video on the A20?
loong, i got A20 from doctor mobile - 1Utama, new wing just opposite giant. Good deal. but u need to go to southall to get f/w upgraded.
The phone has many good points but here are the bad ones :-) :
1. human error bug: go to Setting and scroll down to where it says : PC connection - it has number "0" instead of "10"
2. ringtone is soft compared to K750i, can BAO advise on this :-) Cannot really hear the ringtone when phone inside pocket
3. cannot choose ringtone for incoming SMS
4. incoming SMS doesn't alert with vibrate - missed a lot of incoming SMS
5. external LCD is not permanently on (I know it's to save power) and need to press the external buttons to see the status of the phone (miss call/sms/time/date..etc)
6. cannot choose loudspeaker straight away when making a call, need to wait for the other person to pick up the call, then ca choose the options
7. taking camera in the night is not so good. need to do lots of setting with the A20 before taking a shot
8. ya, typing SMS has slow response and it's not really T9 predective input. U need to key in the whole word. Some phones are smart to appear the exact word and u need not key in the entire word. EG: "anything" - when u type "anyt" - the phone appears "anything" straight away unlike A20 where u need to key in the whole thing.
9. bao, with regards to insert the USB cable or charging cable into the phone, will this wear out the internal board - it seems very fragile :-( *yikes!
10. btw, xcute DV2 is going for RM1300 :-) almost got this phone but the phone sux - the cam and video are superb though.
that's all :-)
I use 1gb mmc + on my phone, and it works great. The sound quality is one of the strongest features of this phone, so i must say that it is very good. It is a perfect musicphone, even the earphones that comes with the phone is great. The only 2 downsides with this phone is slow sms and no bluetooth.
Can I use a 1gb MMC or MMC+ card with this fone? how's the sound quality like ?
congrats with your new phone, li tan. Hope you are satisfied with it. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everybody =)
hey li-tan RM1199 with 128mb?
where did you buy your inno a20 from ?
i would like to get it too
RM1199 is it a register line price or not register line price?
please give me more info ^^
Just bought the phone for RM1199 (with 128MB included) :-) Nice built. Will inform my opinion on this phone later :-)
bao, can u pls. record a 5 sec video using ur A20 and e-mail to me? How's the quality like? And how's the quality like after converting MPEG4 to MPEG or AVI view on the PC and on TV? This is because on the xcute, the video displayed is superb - with 30fps. I know A20 is 15 fps, but it that acceptable - any pixels form during the playback? thks!
If you buy from a good seller, i guess you will get the latest firmware.. just ask the dealer to make sure you get the phone with the newest firmware.
hey bao thanks for the games that you send to me
i wonder if we buy this inno phone now will it be equip with the latest firmware version?
My latest firmware is:
Oct 19 2005
The main differences I've noticed with this one and the older one is that you can delete files in the download folders and you have an extra menu in settings which is called pc connection that let you choose between mass storage, pc sync and gprs data.
What is the latest firmware version for this phone? Can some one pls post it here for us so we can check before we buy it.