lollipop... not good for a5000!!!
1. Launcher sucks... (i downloaded nova)
2. Feature settings doesn't work (volume rocker supposed to wake the phone)
3. the SECURITY app is gone (great app btw). (and i can't even download it)
4. everything got slower! ( even when typing or using Swype)
even on starting some apps..
5. they also deleted Power manager from setting..sucks!
6. they again included more EFFFiIIING bloatwares which you can't delete! (why can't they just let the user download what he wants!
7. almost 1gb of download for the update..
8. drop down notification also sucks.. in kitkat when you long press the toggles it will automatically go to the settings where it belongs but now it doesn't..
8. i think lenovo rushed into this update without fully testing everything..
1. Battery life is still great for me (i think..)
2. love the dialer app..
Can both sim cards be used together? Especially can I use my internet MB from the one Sim card and use them for making Viber calls with the 2nd Sim card?
shanda, 03 Sep 2015does the a5000 support moving of apps to sd card?
You can just make the default writing disk SD card and insert a 32 gb SD card and problem solved I think
Guys, has anyone tried a microSD card bigger than 32GB with this phone and saw if it worked fine?
Because some phones can handle cards with bigger capacities than their advertised maximum capacities, and I'm going to buy a card soon so I'm wondering if I can get away with a 64GB card for example.
I'm going to post my opinions on the phone and its positives and negatives after using it some more to get a better full-picture, but so far I'm generally quite impressed.
AnonD-404380, 03 Sep 2015What kind of Brick Exactly ?? Soft Brick or Hard Brick ?? means Lenovo Splash Screen is Showin... morei repaired it already. Thanks very much. i saw its 4.42 rom on the net, downloaded it and used sp flashtool to restore it from pc since my pc can read it and it worked well. i learnt everything on the net thru video tutorials for mtk devices. I learnt that it is not good to root before updating. i guess that might be the problem. Now on lollipop and still initiating as am typing from pc
AnonD-436935, 04 Sep 2015Do not upgrade to Lollipop yet! (For A5000 users currently using Kitkat)
Upgraded my phone ... morei didnt notice any bugs yet
but for battery as far as i am concerned its increased
Do not upgrade to Lollipop yet! (For A5000 users currently using Kitkat)
Upgraded my phone (A5000) two days ago and now I've collected some bugs and features that are not working or does not exist anymore. But for this comment I'll just be discussing the bugs I've recently found.
1. Wifi/WLAN Disconnects/Restarts after locking the phone or asleep.
I've checked and changed settings for wifi, (Settings/Wifi/Advanced/Keep WLAN on during sleep) Always/Only When Plugged in/Never nothing changed and the problem still persist when locking the phone. This makes me unable to receive notifications via WLAN which is important.
2. Battery drains 2x faster than before. Does my everyday phone routine and found out that the newest update of 5.02 drains battery power faster than its Kitkat version.
(It should have saved much more battery since its lollipop, right?)
3. The first time I've upgraded my phone, I stumbled upon the Notification Center and has set the Lock Screen Notifications to hide its content. Later I realized that it would be better if I see its contents, so I decided to go back to settings and Notification Center no longer exist! Now, how am I suppose to change that?
Can't remember other problems right now but I'll surely post it here when I remember them
Nikibox, 04 Sep 2015Thanks for Lillipop can you tell me the vibe version?
as today I am getting notification having vibe version s119_150820_8g_row..
is that lolipop?
Thanks lenovo for updates and for respect your customers. Keep it up.
today my phone had notification update available, 993mb dawnload. after the update the Phone is now having lolipop 5.0.2 version on it . YESS YESS YESS
It's my first time to use Lenovo. And I bought it 5days ago. This is actually a good phone. Almost perfect but I have a problem with its sound quality when I do video or voice call my family. The background keeps on making echoes. Today I just updated it to Lollipop and hoping my problem will be solved. But then, there still the echoes. What should I do? :(
Pls I need a feedback.
Battery is so good
Anonymous, 29 Aug 2015Does this phone support 3g in 2nd sim slot? Please helpNo. 3G support is available only with SIM1