Problem in 4g network jio note prorer work. Maximum time 4g note work so I recommend not purchase this phone
AT last i got my k8 note, after reading lots of negative comments, jack's review was good he puts some technical stuff, and i felt that it was right. rest all comments from other users like "it has heating issues, battery sucks, signal strength is bad etc etc" are all not correct/lack info.
Previously i have used (motorola defy, sony, huawei and now lenovo)
build is very solid, front and back 13mp cam are good in the price range, battery is decent.(will update this later after some days of use)
screen display is very good, can see in sunlight
1. to save battery, u can follow the steps which jack has given in the previous comments, its easy with anroid 7, w/o rooting we can disable/uninstall unwanted pkgs.
2. to see wats eating ur battery, use wakelock dector from google play, follow the instruction to make to work w/o rooting, its easy.. i did it and i was able to make it work.
wakelock will show u wat app is waking up ur phone (screen/cpu/kernel) so u can uninstall that app. this also shows deep sleep of the phone. it shd sleep deep, else battey will drain.
3. I disabled some unwanted apps like chrome, google movies, which i dont use it anyways.
4. I always use GSM and when required switch to 3g/4g, when done, go back to 2G, as 3/4g sucks lots of battery(i was on airtel, 3/4g signal varies and it eats lots of battery.)
5. switchoff when not in use, and on when required, like gps, wifi, blurtooth. set the location service to battery saver mode(not high precision)
6. set the display to auto and 25/30 % bightness, i see the display of k8 is very good, even in sunlight its visble well.
7. the front/and rear main camera are good, but the dual cam boke setup is a screwup... dont use it untill lenovo fixes it... i know thats the highlight of this phone, but lenovo made a bad publicity sunt and got it bad at 1st time :(, hope there is a fix in progress
8. heatup, i have used with cam, i felt warm, not like its too hot to touch, plus its aluminium body, so the heat transfer is faster. havenot played any games yet.
9. yes for a missed called the led does not lightup or blink, for watapp/sms it blinks, lenovo shd fix this.
10. i noticed that the phone stroage is encryted by default, and there is an option to use 4 digit key to even boot ur phone. I wanted to disable this phone encrypt, but looks like its enabled by default, reseting to factory did not fix either.
11. count not see how to show only sim contacts in the stock dialer app, it shows all, phone/gmail/watsapp
No back ground lights in key like home+back key, after software update it work or not
no battery saver
no secure zone
no 30second countdown for mobile charging
it charge slow while using
no scheduler on off
tony, 09 Sep 2017dear all, please suggest me a good mobile between lenovo k8 plus or moto g 55s or mi note 4... moreDearest Tony. RN4 from Xiaomie is the best amongst mentioned smartdevices in all aspects of quality and quantity ! Of course there are RN4 with mediate and Snapdrago which the later is better....Good luck Tony....
hey iam using lenovo k8 note Gold 32GB in 3 days. but battery is not right battery charge is down fastly. I think it is battery problem.
is it a genuine problen at this device or it is a fake review plss tell me brieflyy.,.,.,fast.,.,//
Mahi, 09 Sep 2017Bro can i purchase or not lenovi k8 note,plss telme goodgo for k8 note, i already ordered it.,.,.,and become a fan of it
please suggest me a good mobile between lenovo k8 plus or moto g 55s or mi note 4
Hussain, 09 Sep 2017Do the e-compass pre built in K8 note? I'm not finding such an app in my K8 note. Can someone ... morethe compass will just work on apps like google maps and also u can try downloading 3rd parts apps for it
Do the e-compass pre built in K8 note? I'm not finding such an app in my K8 note. Can someone help on resolving my search...
VenkatKvsm, 08 Sep 2017Does this Phone has automatic call recorder option?No bro. U have to use an third party app..
sriganesh16, 08 Sep 2017thats a really good review. what in your opinion are the apps that can be removed and backgrou... moreWhat ever apps u don use uninstall then thro adb. And for all the apps I have disabled background process. So that battery gets saved.
Souvik93, 09 Sep 2017Hii jack.. I am also K8 user. Can you tell me which apps are safe to disable via adb? Do... moreNot having system dumb bro. If I get it sure I'll share with u. The apps that I uninstall with abd commands are Google duo, Google drive, hangouts, FB, and few others. Which my wife won't use. And I have stopped the background process for all the apps. So when u close the particular app the app doesn't eat the battery, ram.
jinukp, 06 Sep 2017K8 note or redmi note 4???
Wich s better???Heats up a lot... Worst phone ever ..Don't go for this... if budget is issue go to mi phones...
I bought this few days back and it is heating within 5 min of usage ..I can hold it in my hands any longer . Mo ey wasted.